Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So bummed out. We made it back from the park before 6 PM and I waited in the lobby to see The Hustle. Instead they played The Twist, which normally was at 8 am and not a single cast member did it anyway. That was one of the things that made Pop so different and fun to me. Oh well. :(

:wave2: Hello everyone, I hope all is well.

This thread has been around since 2014 and as things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc.

As has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a Pop thread refresh.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the keeper of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM to discuss.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, etc.

Thanks all!

Hi, GADisneyDad14.

I'm a fellow Georgian, too.

I would like to nominate scrappinginontario .

She is always very informative on this forum and very kind to other posters.

I might add, I hope scrappinginontario doesn't mind me nominating her.

RaySharpton

Hi, GADisneyDad14.

I'm a fellow Georgian, too.

I would like to nominate scrappinginontario .

She is always very informative on this forum and very kind to other posters.

I might add, I hope scrappinginontario doesn't mind me nominating her.

RaySharpton

That's so funny @RaySharpton! I was going to nominate @scrappinginontario, too, but stopped myself because I hate it when others put me up for jobs. However, if we want to form a committee to nominate our candidate, I'm all for that. She has done an outstanding job for a long time and I always appreciate her good and timely advice. I sure hope she volunteers!

This thread has been around since 2014 and as things tend to go sometimes on the Internet, with the passage of time DISers come and go, information gets stale, etc.

As has been done from time to time over the history of these “official” Resort threads, it seems it may be about time for a Pop thread refresh.

If you have any interest in “volunteering” to be the keeper of a new thread, please feel free to reach out to me via PM to discuss.

With so much Disney information so easily available on the Internet these days I don’t necessarily think these threads need to be the exhaustive resources they once were long ago, but sometimes it can be helpful to have an active DISer with a passion for the resort at the helm of the first few posts just to capture basic info, FAQs, resort updates, etc.

Thanks all!
Not volunteering but I'm so glad to see this. I was just thinking about how frustrating it is to open the thread to try and find updated items since the renovation and it's still 2014.

Thanks all!

I believe @scrappinginontario has already started working on a new thread.

That's so funny @RaySharpton! I was going to nominate @scrappinginontario, too, but stopped myself because I hate it when others put me up for jobs. However, if we want to form a committee to nominate our candidate, I'm all for that. She has done an outstanding job for a long time and I always appreciate her good and timely advice. I sure hope she volunteers!

Now that I think about it, I probably should have asked @scrappinginontario for her permission first. I was just so excited to see GADisneyDad14's post that I just posted immediately without thinking.

Not volunteering but I'm so glad to see this. I was just thinking about how frustrating it is to open the thread to try and find updated items since the renovation and it's still 2014.

I think @scrappinginontario will do a great job.

I believe @scrappinginontario has already started working on a new thread.

I know she has started a thread about Disney Pop Century Resort room numbers listing other poster's personal experiences when they visited PCR's with the type of beds (king or queen, etc. and bathrooms (bathtub, shower, handicap roll-in showers or tubs with handrails, etc.)

Lol, ok, the tribe has spoken (and she reached out to me directly). @scrappinginontario has nicely volunteered to lead a new version of the thread. Stay tuned!

Thanks so much all.

party:party:party:party:party:

Now that I think about it, I probably should have asked @scrappinginontario for her permission first. I was just so excited to see GADisneyDad14's post that I just posted immediately without thinking.

I think @scrappinginontario will do a great job.

I know she has started a thread about Disney Pop Century Resort room numbers listing other poster's personal experiences when they visited PCR's with the type of beds (king or queen, etc. and bathrooms (bathtub, shower, handicap roll-in showers or tubs with handrails, etc.)

I think you said what we all were thinking Ray. And I also was think she was starting a new one or at least thinking about doing it. I look forward to a new Pop thread

Or if like me you are a lazy old guy, then Skyliner to Epcot or HS and Friendship Boat to Swan/ Dolphin and walk from there. Although I admit I do not know if the boats are operating.
Unfortunately,the FriendShips are not operating currently in Crescent Lake/Lake Hollywood.

If the tutorial was intend for my post, I'm still unable to see any answer about UberEats, Doordash, etc. With the limited choices available it seems like there would be a lot of people using delivery services. Just wondering if WDW is doing anything to prevent it or if there is a place where people are to wait for deliveries on POP property.
I was at Pop recently. In my experience Door Dash said it not deliver to that area yet. So while at Pop we exclusively used Uber Eats (door dash did work at Poly🤷🏼‍♀️) I didn't try Grub Hub or any other food delivery services as we were satisfied with the options on UberEats. The only thing I would keep in mind is that the address we used for Pop confused a couple of our drivers, in hindsight I think they just stopped at the gatehouse and didn't continue but once I added in the notes to deliver outside of the pop century lobby I didn't have any issues! No cast members seemed to have a problem with it at all and we much preferred it to only being able to eat at everything pop.

I sure wish I was sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack.

Wait a minute!

I AM sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack!!!!lol

Be happy to take any questions about current happenings here in POPville.

Is it worth it to stay in a Preferred room?
My DH and I are in our mid/late 60's.. my feet and ankles hurt after walking thru the parks, so we opt for preferred rooms. A few yrs ago, we stay in the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA.. THAT was a terribly long walk and that is what convinced us to get perferred rooms at PC from now on. In years past we have stayed in probably every building at PC with no problems walking, it just that now we are feeling our age.

I was at Pop recently. In my experience Door Dash said it not deliver to that area yet. So while at Pop we exclusively used Uber Eats (door dash did work at Poly🤷🏼‍♀️) I didn't try Grub Hub or any other food delivery services as we were satisfied with the options on UberEats. The only thing I would keep in mind is that the address we used for Pop confused a couple of our drivers, in hindsight I think they just stopped at the gatehouse and didn't continue but once I added in the notes to deliver outside of the pop century lobby I didn't have any issues! No cast members seemed to have a problem with it at all and we much preferred it to only being able to eat at everything pop.
I saw somewhere on the boards the other day that we can get Earl of Sandwich through one of the delivery services (I want to say Grubhub). GAME ON.

I sure wish I was sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack.

Wait a minute!

I AM sitting in Classic Hall right now listening to Harvest Moon by Neil Young on the amazing Pop Century soundtrack!!!!lol

Hi, WEDWDW.

I hope you're having a great time.

1. Have you had to ride the bus because the Skyliner was down? If so, does the bus pick-up at the regular DHS & EPCOT signs or a different place

2. Are all three pools open and do they all open & close at the same time?

3. Are there any Pop foods that you ate that are still good (fresh, warm) or not so good (not fresh, cold)?

4. Could order food or drinks from the rear dining area that is blocked off when you picked up your food if not on mobile ordering?

5. Have you noticed any wheelchairs go through those new park security scanners that might seem different from everyone else?

6. Does the dining room really not have a way to warm up food?

7. Have you ordered food or grocery delivery to Pop? If so, how did it go?

8. Were the EPCOT Friendship boats running?

9. Does anything surprise you about being at Pop or WDW?

Have a great time and enjoy yourself.

Hi, WEDWDW.

I hope you're having a great time.

1. Have you had to ride the bus because the Skyliner was down? If so, does the bus pick-up at the regular DHS & EPCOT signs or a different place

2. Are all three pools open and do they all open & close at the same time?

3. Are there any Pop foods that you ate that are still good (fresh, warm) or not so good (not fresh, cold)?

4. Could order food or drinks from the rear dining area that is blocked off when you picked up your food if not on mobile ordering?

5. Have you noticed any wheelchairs go through those new park security scanners that might seem different from everyone else?

6. Does the dining room really not have a way to warm up food?

7. Have you ordered food or grocery delivery to Pop? If so, how did it go?

8. Were the EPCOT Friendship boats running?

9. Does anything surprise you about being at Pop or WDW?

Have a great time and enjoy yourself.
[/Q

Wait a minute!

Silly question....but are the ice machines/vending machines working? Figured they might shut those down cause everyone touches them?

Yes ice machine & vending machines are working at POP .
Good selection for chips& candy but no pretzels. And ice machine seems to have limited ice . I think it’s been busy with heat. Middle of night ice meets, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter