• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... at Pop now, this is our 6th night. We have tomorrow night & leave Saturday. Here are my observations. First, this is a lovely resort, and the grounds are really fun. Guests have window decorations with holiday lights & such.

we arrived at Pop the 7th,2:25 pm from MCO via Magical Express. Super easy. We got off, got cheered. No text about room#, but we knew checkin was 3, so we checked luggage & grabbed a vacation drinky at Petals. 3:30, still no room. Hubby& 13-yr old decided to explore. 4pm, no room.Used the Chat feature.Agent asked some questions then i was transferred & had to fill in an online form with my info. (Note: I requested 50s or 1st available). After 10 minutes of agent “checking”, I was told room is clean but waiting final inspection, should get text soon. 4:30 comes, 4:45 goes by, 5pm, i chat again - type my issue, answer questions, get transferred. Fill in form (name, address, cell, email, res#), and wait ... and wait ... 5:10, hubby comes back & is furious. We both go in to desk, (after waiting in modest line), CM can tell hubby not happy, we go thru it all, “sorry, not sure why they told you the room was ready, it isn’t. We do not have a room for you yet.”
Before hubby could express his displeasure, the CM goes, I’ve got the very last room in the 50s, I could maybe get you in now. Ummm maybe?? Then he types, goes over to the CM with the terminal against the wall, lots of typing, head shaking, he comes back with this ... “I can put you in the 60s, 4th floor, lake view. And you can get in now. We’ll give you a credit to the account also.” In fairness, he was extremely apologetic & said they don’t want us disappointed. And, he did a no charge to have our amazon groceries sent up with the luggage (usually $6).

the room is small. We knew that. After 6 nights, it is too small for us. We are on top of each other, and for all 4 of us to be comfy, we need the bed pulled down, and since there are only 2 chairs, we all just ate dinner on the beds.

Sat night - took bus to Disney Springs. Waited maybe 3 buses - ~ 15 mins. It was a Sat night, 7pm.It was going to be busy. Disney Springs was super busy. We literally took pics at the tree & went back to Pop. The bus stand itself from DS to Pop is insanely far from the entrance. Pre-park feet is an annoyance, several park days later & I hate the walk back to the Pop bus. More expensive resort? Closer bus to the exit.

note -we rode skyliner a few times in heavy rain AND heavy winds, no bus option offered!

sunday - took transports all around - skyliner, bus, monorail, ferry. Just explored. No lines anywhere, waited for bus/ferry/monorail a bit at each location, but was mid afternoon.

mon - Epcot.11am open. We got to skyliner line at 10:30 - probably 200 ppl ahead of us, the line at CBR was crazy, we got walked around a corner & took about 15-20 mins to get on epcot line. Return at 9:30pm from epcot was almost walkon.

tue - bus to MK. We got to MK bus maybe 30 mins before open time, it was snaked 3 times, but moved quickly & buses were lined up, so maybe 15 mins til we got on. Got in park around 10 mins after open. Plenty of buses after park close back to pop. Took maybe 10 mins to board a bus. MK was insane. I question the 25%. It seemed like a really busy day.

wed - dhs. 6:50 am I sat in the room eagerly awaiting 7am. Got group 37!!!!! I didn’t practice, just opened the app& at 7, hit join group, all people, join - done! We went to Skyliner at 9:45 for 10am open, waited 5 mins & got on. DHS - Also PACKED - people everywhere. No social distancing during calvacades.

the skyliner back to pop at 7:30pm was NUTS! We were so far back walking may have been quicker. Easily 15-20 minutes. Then at CBR we had to wait in pop line- another 10 mins. Our feet by Day 3 -ready to fall off. Those extra minutes are murder! (Edit - kids & hubby say it was closer to 30 mins to get on skyliner after dhs).

today- AK. It was raining HARD this am. Our son is in a cast, so we have tried to avoid lots of rain (near impossible this week). Got to pop bus stop at 9:50 (10 opening), was at AK by 10:10. Got to return bus stop at 5:30, back at hotel by 6:00.

went to DS for daughter who is desperate for the 2020 neon disney loungefly backpack. Hubby and daughter waited 25 mins to get into world of disney - just to be told they didn’t have an item. Son and i sat with miserable feet, mobile ordered D-luxe burger, grabbed the burgers & made that horrible walk to the bus stop.

we have last day at MK tomorrow. We won’t rush the morning. We can all hardly walk - SO SORE!!!

we realize when we stay at DLR, we are ok with not being in a disney bubble & miss having all the conveniences nearby. I needed cotton balls & an ace bandage, so had to primenow them - couldn’t pop into a CVS, or walk to grab McDs for everyone.
Biggest thing to note if it matters: the sliding tub on the bath. It has metal slides on the tub edge so you cannot sit on the side & soak your feet. That sucks. Also, there are ZERO safety bars in the shower. Son needed my help in & out of shower.

if it matters to you, bring shampoo/conditioner. I don’t care for the h2o+ stuff and wished i had mine.
Having fun but exhausted!!!!!

Attachments

• 0A71CE1E-813D-4F0B-9008-2F970EB56C74.jpeg
    0A71CE1E-813D-4F0B-9008-2F970EB56C74.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Having said that they HEAVILY want everyone to use Mobile Order so a line doesn't form at the Register and either way the offerings are the same,your order will be packaged "to go" and will be picked up at these tables.
I know they’re packing everything to go to minimize contact but are there tables inside the food area and outside or do we have to take it back to the room to eat? I plan on getting breakfast a couple of days and don’t know how strict the rules are for eating and drinking at resorts.

I know they’re packing everything to go to minimize contact but are there tables inside the food area and outside or do we have to take it back to the room to eat? I plan on getting breakfast a couple of days and don’t know how strict the rules are for eating and drinking at resorts.
When I was there in August you could eat inside. It looked like they had removed some of the tables and they had blocked off every other booth but you could eat inside.

Indoor and outdoor tables are available still.

We had Breakfast one Morning at the tables by Petals and just enjoyed being by the Pool watching the Resort awaken-GOOD TIMES! :)

I grabbed just a cup of water & sat inside at a table while I waited for laundry - TONS of seating! The entryway gets packed in front of gift shop each morning & night with people waiting for mobile orders.

we arrived at Pop the 7th,2:25 pm from MCO via Magical Express. Super easy. We got off, got cheered. No t

note -we rode skyliner a few times in heavy rain AND heavy winds, no bus option offered!

wed - dhs. 6:50 am I sat in the room eagerly awaiting 7am. Got group 37!!!!! I didn’t practice, just opened the app& at 7, hit join group, all people, join - done! We went to bus at 9:45 for 10am open, waited 5 mins & got on. DHS - Also PACKED - people everywhere. No social distancing during calvacades.

Does that mean on Wednesday they were running a bus from Pop to DHS?

Sorry that some parts of your trip were not so magical ie. room not being ready, and DS bus/crowds.

Our last night here. Overall the parks have been great. Some people not social distancing and not wearing masks but CMs remind people often. We also did not know our room number until right before we arrived at like 7pm on Wednesday. Our room was definitely not ready at 3pm. The standard room is very small but it works, kind of cramped with the pack and play for the baby. Has a nice TV and decent shower. Skyliner line was not an issue yesterday, walked right on about an hour before HS opened (and was able to ride MMRR & slinky dog before official opening!!!) and walked right on a little before close to come home. The buses to the park are fine but good luck coming back to the resort at park close. Both AK and MK was over a half an hour wait to get on the buses. No other resort bus even had a line. Feels like most on property guests are staying at POP because it's the cheapest right now. Overall I would stay here again but if we ever do come back to WDW (DL is our "home" park) I would stay somewhere else just to experience a different resort. Now on to Epcot today!

How does the line up go for the skyliner now that Pop and AoA are open. When we were at Pop in September it went down into the 50’s section. Do they have 2 lines they merge - Pop and AoA or does everyone line up going towards Pop or towards AoA? We have not stayed there with both resorts open with a working skyliner yet.
I was going to ask the same question, so I'm hoping someone will answer you!

I was going to ask the same question, so I'm hoping someone will answer you!

From what I have seen there is not much of a line for the skyliner now that you don't need to be physically at Hollywood studios to book a boarding group for rise of the resistance. But if there were to be a line it goes along the side walk next to hour glass lake towards the 50s. They have please wait here markers every 6 feet and signs every 50 feet or so saying how long the expected wait to be. But again not much of a line the two days I rode it and we made it to rope drop at Hollywood studios.

From what I have seen there is not much of a line for the skyliner now that you don't need to be physically at Hollywood studios to book a boarding group for rise of the resistance. But if there were to be a line it goes along the side walk next to hour glass lake towards the 50s. They have please wait here markers every 6 feet and signs every 50 feet or so saying how long the expected wait to be. But again not much of a line the two days I rode it and we made it to rope drop at Hollywood studios.

ok. So the AoA people have to walk to the pop side to get in line - interesting.

I'm not having any luck searching for this, I'm sorry - but is the main hippy dippy pool opened back up again now? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter