Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no trees up for Christmas or any decorations that I have seen. Plus the beds will kill your back if you are used to sleeping on an adjustable bed at home like I am. I wake up many times during the night in pain :( but at least I am at Disney!

Nashvillemama - the pool
Hours were posted til 10pm, but there were still lifeguards out with people in the pool one night last week til about 10:30pm.

mamamelody2 - there were NO decorations that we could see last week. Bummed we missed it by a few days!

Someone was asking about the door to the rooms ... here's a picture! I LOVE orange, and man, was this orange! Even orange-ier than my orange MagicBand! Many people used the room window still (interior) to put their headbands, string xmas lights. Don't have a picture of the windows.

For people who haven't been before (like us when we arrived) - the magic band taps on the lock to open it. You have to have the Mickey upside down though on your wrist to make it align with the lock (we found out after a few tries).

Doorway.jpeg

Does anyone know if you can use the toasters or microwaves in the food court, or are they restricted due to Covid restrictions?

Does anyone know if you can use the toasters or microwaves in the food court, or are they restricted due to Covid restrictions?

Toasters and microwaves have been removed from the food court at this time. They are also not allowed in private rooms as they pose a fire hazard. (I understand you didn't ask the second question, it's just often the question that follows. :) )

mamamelody2 - there were NO decorations that we could see last week. Bummed we missed it by a few days!

Someone was asking about the door to the rooms ... here's a picture! I LOVE orange, and man, was this orange! Even orange-ier than my orange MagicBand! Many people used the room window still (interior) to put their headbands, string xmas lights. Don't have a picture of the windows.

For people who haven't been before (like us when we arrived) - the magic band taps on the lock to open it. You have to have the Mickey upside down though on your wrist to make it align with the lock (we found out after a few tries).

View attachment 539066
I could be wrong, but that seems orangier than I remember. Wow! Love it! :thumbsup2

I wanted to add an update for Garden Grocer. My wife and I stayed at Pop Century from 11/9-11/17. I had a mixed grocery/alcohol order with Garden Grocer set to be delivered 11/9. On their website they state you do NOT need to be present during the delivery and they will leave everything including alcohol with bell/luggage services. We were able to retrieve our groceries without issue on the evening of 11/9 but our alcohol was not delivered. After multiple emails and responses from Garden Grocer that said they would have our alcohol re-delivered they finally responded on 11/13 and stated that Pop Century no longer allows alcohol deliveries to be held with bell/luggage services. I asked for a refund and didn't receive a response until Saturday stating that they were able to deliver our alcohol by wrapping it and calling it pop. Sure enough on Saturday night we obtained our "pop" from bell/luggage services but most of it we ended up donating to another adult couple that just arrived. Not sure if we just had bad luck or if this is a new policy from Disney and we will start seeing it more.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but that seems orangier than I remember. Wow! Love it! :thumbsup2
It could be you stayed on a different floor so the door may not have been quite so bright. The colours of the buildings change on each floor. I remember being surprised at the vibrancy of the paint one time when we were assigned to a room on the 4th floor of a building.

It could be you stayed on a different floor so the door may not have been quite so bright. The colours of the buildings change on each floor. I remember being surprised at the vibrancy of the paint one time when we were assigned to a room on the 4th floor of a building.
That’s probably it. I see that poster is on the fourth floor. We always stay on the first floor, though I do go up to the fourth floor at times in building 5 to look at the view across the lake. :)

Are we still able to check room charges on the MDE app? I recall being able to do it in the past, but I can’t figure out how to do it now.

Are we still able to check room charges on the MDE app? I recall being able to do it in the past, but I can’t figure out how to do it now.
I haven’t checked in yet so I don’t know if it’s different, but if you go to the three lines on the bottom right of MDE, click resort hotel, there is an area for resort charges under the room number. I Hope this helps!

I haven’t checked in yet so I don’t know if it’s different, but if you go to the three lines on the bottom right of MDE, click resort hotel, there is an area for resort charges under the room number. I Hope this helps!

I found it. Thanks!

It definitely wasn’t there before, but the button appeared a few minutes ago!

Here's a quick overview of our thoughts from a week at Pop, Sat Nov 7 - Sat Nov 14th.

Check-in - I detailed earlier, the process did not go well. The front desk tried all they could to make sure we were satisfied. We would've been happier if they state a LATER check-in time for everyone to give them extra time to get rooms ready. Why not just say - "check in 5pm"??

Room was very small. Much smaller than videos, photos can detail. If we all wanted to eat, we were either all sitting on the beds eating (ew, because no linen service during the week), or 2 on the bed, 2 at the table. Made for a lot of rearranging every day. We knew it was small, but by about day 3, I needed more space and would pay for it gladly on a future trip. Kids loved the murphy bed & it is SUPER easy to pull down & put back up - no complaints about the comfort, either.

We are 2 adults, a 13-yr old, and a 11-yr old. All taller & not tiny people. My kids are adult-sized (13-yr old daughter is 5'8"). We each had about 4 days' clothes - I did laundry on Tuesday night. There wasn't a lot of room to put away clothes, so 2 of us were still in suitcases, hubby got drawers (they are short & not very deep), I brought the hanging organizer rack for son's stuff - I put a few things in there for me too. Laundry room was great - no issues. I brought All pods & glad I did - the soap purchasing machine jammed & took a couple a while to get help. Clothes took about 37 minutes on perm press in washer, and you get an hour on the dryers. NOTE - at 26 minutes I checked, the clothes were dry. I had a lot of clothes in there and some heavier shorts. Don't let your clothes go the full hour without checking!!!! I told a guy in there to take my dryer's last time to dry his clothes. It was raining decently the night i did laundry - I used a hard roller suitcase to haul stuff to the washers. In the 60s, it is behind Petals at the pool. Close, but not close enough you won't get wet if there's rain - like when I started & finished!

I made sure we brought hanging toiletry bags - there are hooks in the room that they fit nicely on. Not a lot of counter space - what there is is narrow. Also - since we didn't get cup replacement every day - we are glad we brought little dixie bathroom cups with us for rinsing mouths, etc.

I brought small garbage bags with me - since son has a cast on, we were perpetually putting a plastic bag over the cast (week of really cruddy gray, wet skies). I used them in the garbage cans - they aren't lined! I thought that was gross. 3 garbage cans - one by toilet, one by fridge in main room, one under bathroom sink. I'm glad I had old Target bags too or the garbage bags. Just made everything neater. When you've got food, etc., to throw out, it can get nasty. I don't know what the policy was, but I was disheartened to see people putting trash outside their doors - trays of half-eaten food, pizza boxes. etc. There are garbage cans by the elevators - is it really that hard to put trash in a convenient spot for housekeeping to grab at once? It's a small thing, but really - it seemed out of hand with trash outside many doors.

Hotel is super cute - fun to look at all the goodies in the main hall, shop was well stocked - though tip: if you see something, BUY IT. It may be gone later! We saw Thumper - there were probably 20 Thumpers. We wanted to grab one as a gift, but didn't get it then. A few days later? Sold out.

Food was fine - CMs super friendly. We ordered pasta with marinara & meatballs one night, no issues - not gourmet, but fit the bill, not bad by any means. We ordered the cupcake & Tie-dye cheesecake another night too - both good, nothing memorable, just desserts. Another night we ordered the alfredo with meatballs and a chicken sandwich that came with fries. I would have liked to have been able to customize the sandwich for no tomatoes, but I just picked it off. Fries were decent - I got a fresh, hot batch. Sandwich was tasty - the pasta was utilitarian - basically noodles & probably jar sauce, decent but not going to wow anyone. I had read "food at Pop is bad, don't eat there". It was perfectly fine. Just don't have really high expectations, and it'll be fine!

We only used the Hippy Dippy Pool - I went in with the kids our 2nd night there - water was chilly. But, it was also super-windy, there had been no sun out for almost 2 solid days, and it was nighttime. Son couldn't really splash or play as he was sitting with his plastic-bagged arm out of the side of the pool. Daughter had fun splashing & was swimming around like the fish she is. LIfeguards led many trivia games poolside, that was entertaining. Music good when games weren't going on. Nice spot to just sit & relax - but we had no sun, so it was chilly when wet with wind. Lots of warm towels to grab at the pool. We ended up grabbing a few for the room too, since we went through them quickly.

Luggage Services were great - we had a prime now order delivered there, and I had 2 more in the week - no issues.

The bathrooms. So - there isn't much privacy - sound travels the speed of light here as the doors don't quite hit the floor. The shower/bath seems narrow. If you are a larger person, you will feel it is a bit snug. The shower head is nice, but maybe being on the 4th floor, the water pressure wasn't that good. Myself & daughter have super-thick hair, so it took a LOT longer to get shampoo and conditioner out than at home. Also - the H20 toiletry wall bottles - our conditioner spout kept popping off, so it was a pain to get out conditioner. I found that I did not like the shampoo/conditioner. I used to use the H20+ products ages ago when they had stores in malls, but didn't care for the ones on the wall. My poor daughter couldn't get a comb or Wetbrush through her hair after her first shower, We should've brought our own toiletries. First time ever I didn't travel with my trusty travel shampoo/conditioner bottles. I should've grabbed them. Hair dryer is a hotel hair dryer. It'll do the job, but if you need more power, maybe bring one from home. I gave up after about 10 minutes & went out with damp hair (which NEVER dried fully on any day given the humidity and rain! - HA!).

My 2 HUGE complaints about the bathtubs, 1. There are ZERO safety bars!! NOTHING. I had to go in with my son (luckily he's 11-1/2 and hasn't hit that modesty point yet), as I needed to help him in & out of the shower safely with his cast, and help with shampoo, etc. There wasn't anything for him to hold onto to help in/out. 2. The glass shower doors. While these are very nice, smooth, they require a huge metal ledge on the tub. I was SO looking forward to soaking my feet each night. Nope, can't do it. you cannot sit on the edge of the tub to put your feet in to soak. Likewise, if i had to bathe a small kid, I'd be upset that there isn't an easy way to get full access to the tub. Our toilet was by the faucet of the tub, so you couldn't sit there to bathe a kid, and then you seem far away from the faucet if you go towards the back. It is also a pretty high leg lift to get up & over the tub edge & the metal edge of the shower doors - son hit his toe one night & caused it to bleed. Just a word of warning. Also - the floors are VERY nice, but are VERY slippery when wet! Use extra caution & extra towels on the floor to avoid slipping. especially coming in from the pool the walk from the door to the bathroom. Son wanted to take a bubble bath, but he couldn't because of the no safety bar - navigating with one arm (even two) is difficult without something to hold onto. The tub did have anti-slip protection on it, so that's a bonus!

Buses - MK bus we waited about 3 buses, but they were lined up, not bad. AK - it was pouring out, we got right on a bus & the guides outside the hotel had us standing under the canopy by the walkway. Skyliner - the lines were long getting onto it - the CBR merge was a pain going to Epcot. That caused a decent amount of additional time we hadn't expected waiting in line at CBR. The wait after DHS for the skyliner was insane. We waited about 30 minutes to get on at DHS. That was painful - literally as we were exhausted from standing.

We had pretty dark, gray skies - and a TON of wind (thanks, Hurricane Eta!) the whole week there. Only when we headed to the ME bus Saturday the 14th was it sunny, 75, no humidity. I'm sure we would've enjoyed the hotel offerings had we experienced nicer weather days during our trip. The movies had to be cancelled each time they posted there'd be a movie, it got cancelled not too long later. On the plus side, I did NOT GET SUNBURNED!! WOOHOO!!!! While I would've enjoyed maybe more than the hour of sun we saw all week, I am fortunate that I did not get sunburned at all this trip.

It'll be a while before we go back to WDW as we are DLR regulars & honestly, love DLR too much to not keep going back there. We would stay elsewhere than Pop if/when we go back - mainly to try a new place, but also for a bigger room. We definitely had a nice stay, we just got very cramped being on top of each other every moment in the room. We also realized we miss conveniences of having a car & being able to just run out to a Target or CVS if we need something, like at DLR. I needed an Ace bandage - had to order from primenow, $5 delivery. We learned while we enjoyed the Disney bubble, there are concessions we are willing to make to make our lives easier. We miss staying at a hotel, walking 7 minutes to either park entrance at DLR, want Downtown Disney? just exit the parks & you are there. Want a quick McDs instead of paying $24 for a burger/shake/fries? 5 min walk from the entrance. Need an Ace bandage? There's a CVS right there. We definitely miss those conveniences at DLR and never feel like we are missing out on a fully-immersive Disney-experience. If anything, Pop didn't seem very Disney-oriented, except the gift shop. The buses & skyliner were cool & convenient, but our patience grew thin as the park days went on & our feet & legs & bodies got more tired, for sure.

Someone asked about microwaves (I did too before we left) - there are NO microwaves or toasters available for anyone to use at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter