Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Skyliner to DHS today and, it seems, very, very few buses.

It’s 8:55 and the line for a DHS bus stretches from the ESPN stop up to the Epcot stop before looping back and around out of sight behind Classic Hall. The first bus didn’t arrive until almost 8:20 and there’s only been one since then. I quit counting MK buses (also a 9:00 am opening) at 12.View attachment 552354
I think I would shoot on over to AoA and try my luck there since they have been running DHS buses for a while now.

No Skyliner to DHS today and, it seems, very, very few buses.

It’s 8:55 and the line for a DHS bus stretches from the ESPN stop up to the Epcot stop before looping back and around out of sight behind Classic Hall. The first bus didn’t arrive until almost 8:20 and there’s only been one since then. I quit counting MK buses (also a 9:00 am opening) at 12.View attachment 552354
I wonder if it would be faster to take the Skyliner to CBR and then and DHS bus from there?

Heading to Pop on sunday!!!!!

The wife requires a Dole Whip prior to braving the Skyliner. Does the pop still have the whips???????

Doh, second question. The magical extras card for packages. Do I get that in the Pop Lobby. SInce no MB and Tags for ME, I am unsure how to get them???

Doh, second question. The magical extras card for packages. Do I get that in the Pop Lobby. SInce no MB and Tags for ME, I am unsure how to get them???
I haven’t been lately but normally we pick up our packages when we get our MBs. I’m guessing they would either be at the front desk or, if your room. Since they’re no longer sending out MBs I would ask at the front desk.

"The Magical Extras Savings Card is just one of the great benefits of booking a Walt Disney World Resort package. This card lets you save money at several restaurants, shops, and on select activities through out the Walt Disney World Resort complex. The Magical Extras Savings Card and souvenir luggage tags are available when you check in at the front desk of your resort or, if you checked in online, upon request at your resort’s front desk. If you order MagicBands, you will receive them with your MagicBand purchase from Disney. Discounts are only valid during your package dates and only good for the people listed on the reservation; the card cannot be transferred or sold. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced. Discounts and offerings are subject to change at Disney's discretion. "

Source of above quote: https://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/magical-extras-card

On Monday 1/25 the first MK bus came at 8:03 for a 9:00 am opening.

Today the first AK bus came at 7:13 for an 8:00 am opening.
Great to hear as those are within the 45 - 75 min before part opening windows being reported. Hope you're having a great trip!!

I have never heard of the Magical Extras Savings Card...
It's not so much a 'card' as it is cardboard discount tickets that were tucked in the package with MagicBands and luggage tags. When purchasing a package from Disney there are discounts (mini golf, boat rental, etc.) that are offered during your stay.

It appears right now you need to go to guest services (front desk) at Pop to request your discount vouchers.

It's not so much a 'card' as it is cardboard discount tickets that were tucked in the package with MagicBands and luggage tags. When purchasing a package from Disney there are discounts (mini golf, boat rental, etc.) that are offered during your stay.

It appears right now you need to go to guest services (front desk) at Pop to request your discount vouchers.
Good to know, I was wondering about that as well

How is ride share from Pop? With the current situation and the money we are saving staying at Pop have decided to do ride share to parks and activities not on the skyliner. Curios if there are long waits in the mornings and not many drivers in the area.

Here right now.
-magical extra packet is at the front desk.
-I didn’t pick mine up, so they delivered it to my room on day 2.

-skyline to HS this morning awesome.
-got in line at 730.
-they loaded early.
-was to the park and Had ridden 4 rides before the 9am posted park opening time.
-did the Rise virtual que and got #16. Did from the balcony of POP building 1. No disney WiFi.
The buses have been great to Epcot with the skyline down today. Less than 5 minutes both times I used them. Same with the ones to disney springs last night.

I did amazon prime now to get groceries. Met the delivery at the bell services overhang. There were 4 people from POP picking up from the same driver. Hey was super easy.

let me know if you have any other questions

Great, thanks. Were there a lot of people there for the first bus?
By the time the first bus came the line was really long, winding back and forth through the forecourt area. I would guess four busses worth? The MK busses rolled the three times I’ve been at the stops. On my DHS day the Skyliner was down and I counted 12 MK buses in just a few minutes while DHS only had two.

I’m posting my experience taking the Skyliner from Pop to DHS. I’ll be editing/updating live as I make my way!

1/29
9:00 am DHS opening

Arrived at the Skyliner station at around 7:00 am and was the 5th party in line.

DC4F98A4-CDD8-4BC3-B242-3A26AC566155.jpeg

At 7:30 they opened the gates and we were allowed into the station.
5B7F9317-61CA-4BA5-B559-1A8017900550.jpeg

7:40
Still at the station, line now stretches past building 4 and out of my sight line.

44CC0BB2-B618-4ACF-9845-250290492EF2.jpeg

Boarding began at 7:42
CB46C2C3-B2AD-4C97-8C1A-31BBAF0A92FE.jpeg

The line at CBR wasn’t bad at all. I was the 8th in line for DHS. We are being held at the station.

3B086B52-4EC7-4856-85DC-6718BED65748.jpeg

Boarding began at 7:55.

0D7D517B-9ADB-4296-AE8F-6F6B6C06112D.jpeg

8:05
From my YC visit last August it looks like I’ve arrived behind the walkers but before the buses.

467D0F39-1A14-480A-8DEB-CBD4AA56B81F.jpeg

8:10
First buses pulling in.

BC7DA642-D47D-4F7D-842A-165964F5819C.jpeg

Temp screen opened at 8:15.

It was straight through into the park from there.

613F765B-1DB5-4FF1-91EF-23D13E0634F1.jpeg

CE99D133-E595-464E-8456-E94CA6EC647C.jpeg

Last edited:
1/29
9:00 am DHS opening

Arrived at the Skyliner station at around 7:00 am and was the 5th party in line.
View attachment 552826
Thanks for the current info.

Before Disney stopped making Guests physically be inside DHS for the first RotR opportunity the line could be all the way back to 1950s/Building 2(Jukebox Building)!

Skyliner should begin Flights around 7:30 AM.

Happy Flying! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter