Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we've seen a lot of the skyliner today I'll add that you should try to get a gondola that doesn't have a character overlay. It really covers up the view (unless of course you don't want to look out).

I have read that you really need to mobile order these days, so if your mobile ordering at your resort breakfast /lunch can you sit/eat in the food court area?

Arrived at 11:00 today and got a text that our rooms were ready right as we entered the property. Room is small but clean, good theme and lots of storage spaces. Mobile ordered lunch here and waited about 10 min for our meals to be ready at approx 12:00. Food court didn’t feel even sort of crowded for lunch. It was 63 degrees at 1:30 and we sat in a lounge chairs by the pool while DH and DD played some table tennis. We ordered a few groceries from Prime Now and they were delivered on time to the luggage/bell hop area. We will definitely be doing that again. Waited about 10 min for a bus to Disney Springs at 3:00. On the return trip (7:00pm) we waited about 5 min for a bus to bring us “home”. Overall, a good first day at Pop!

Arrived at 11:00 today and got a text that our rooms were ready right as we entered the property. Room is small but clean, good theme and lots of storage spaces. Mobile ordered lunch here and waited about 10 min for our meals to be ready at approx 12:00. Food court didn’t feel even sort of crowded for lunch. It was 63 degrees at 1:30 and we sat in a lounge chairs by the pool while DH and DD played some table tennis. We ordered a few groceries from Prime Now and they were delivered on time to the luggage/bell hop area. We will definitely be doing that again. Waited about 10 min for a bus to Disney Springs at 3:00. On the return trip (7:00pm) we waited about 5 min for a bus to bring us “home”. Overall, a good first day at Pop!
Sounds like the prefect start to a GROOVY and Far Out Vacation!

Which section are you in?

Thanks for posting your details.🎉🎊😀

We are in standard rooms in the 50’s section. It’s quiet back here. 😊
GROOVY!

We always stay in the 1950s-LOVE IT!

We have spent many hours just hanging out at Bowling Pool listening to the Soundtrack they play there from the 1950s.

We also love to read the Song titles on the Jukebox.

This is our favorite:

She's A Flirt In Her Mini Skirt

Just something about seeing that Title at Disney World is so hilarious.

Have fun at what we consider one of the best-themed sections in any Disney Resort(I mean they even have racks of Bowling Balls sitting by the Pool shaped like a Bowling Pin!).

I’m posting my experience taking the AoA bus to AK. My room is close to the bridge and I’ve used the AoA buses from the parks several times this trip. The AoA buses have been consistently MUCH less crowded than those at Pop. Crowded buses make me COVID anxious so I’m trying a park-bound bus this morning.

I arrived at the AK stop at AoA around 6:40 and was the 4th group in line. Only one other group showed up before the first AK bus rolled in at 6:53. Everyone in line was able to board.

575BF829-125F-46B5-91D2-C13C6C8ED302.jpeg

We arrived at 7:06 and I believe we were the first bus.

For some reason they are doing manual bag checks at AK today, no scanners. I also had to pat myself down to prove I wasn’t packing. I ended up in the wrong line (my Disney superpower ) and am the third group in line at the tap stiles.

AA2657C4-FB1B-42E1-966D-8A56BAA24758.jpeg

Last edited:
Flying in from Boston tomorrow at 830 AM. How are the busses to MK and AK been running?? Not concerned with rope drop, but within an hour of park opening.

Sunday morning MK bus info:
Park hours 9-9
Got to bus line at 7:28
Was group #17 with 46 people in front of me.
bus showed up at 7:36 At which there were 29 groups in line.
A second MK bus showed up 30 seconds later.
and a third bus (stretch one) showed up a minutes after that.
msp 3 buses at 737.
The first 2 buses took 15 groups of people. And took off at 7:41.
the 3rd bus left at 7:44

Sunday morning MK bus info:
Park hours 9-9
Got to bus line at 7:28
Was group #17 with 46 people in front of me.
bus showed up at 7:36 At which there were 29 groups in line.
A second MK bus showed up 30 seconds later.
and a third bus (stretch one) showed up a minutes after that.
msp 3 buses at 737.
The first 2 buses took 15 groups of people. And took off at 7:41.
the 3rd bus left at 7:44
Thanks so much for this very detailed, extremely helpful report!!

When asked here about how early to arrive at the bus in the AM, I recommend arriving at the Pop bus stop 90 mins before park opening. I haven’t been to Disney lately so wasn’t positive this recommendation was still valid but your post confirms that 90 mins is still a reasonable time to recommend.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for this very detailed, extremely helpful report!!

When asked here about how early to arrive at the bus in the AM, I’m one who has recommended arriving at the Pop bus stop 90 mins before park opening. I haven’t been to Disney lately so wasn’t positive this recommendation was still valid but your post confirms that 90 mins is still a reasonable time to recommend.

Thank you again.

and it definitely makes a difference.
POP buses were the first ones there.
We arrived at 8:01
no line for temp check.
By. 8:10 at the gates and 5 min later walking down Main Street.
was able to do 7 dwarfs mine train, big thunder, and pirates as a walk on before lark opening and at 9am was about to hopin Jungle Cruise.

So 4 rides before the park opened. Not bad at all for a weekend.

time to get a breakfast waffle from Sleepy Hallow and enjoy the park.

with a 9pm close tonight able to get things done this morning. hit the Plaza for a 1pm lunch then head back to POP yo relax before coming back for the MK at night.

and it definitely makes a difference.
POP buses were the first ones there.
We arrived at 8:01
no line for temp check.
By. 8:10 at the gates and 5 min later walking down Main Street.
was able to do 7 dwarfs mine train, big thunder, and pirates as a walk on before lark opening and at 9am was about to hopin Jungle Cruise.

So 4 rides before the park opened. Not bad at all for a weekend.

time to get a breakfast waffle from Sleepy Hallow and enjoy the park.

with a 9pm close tonight able to get things done this morning. hit the Plaza for a 1pm lunch then head back to POP yo relax before coming back for the MK at night.

VERY GROOVY! :)

Was planning a Pop stay for the end of April. Now it seems like there will be a few Cheer/ Dance comps. What should I expect on crowds /bus/Skyliner situation? Honestly, I got a little nervous when I read this.

Making it back “home” March 4-12. Are they filling the resort or reduced numbers.... need to have a drink or 2 at Petals. If anyone is around say hi. Haha

Was planning a Pop stay for the end of April. Now it seems like there will be a few Cheer/ Dance comps. What should I expect on crowds /bus/Skyliner situation? Honestly, I got a little nervous when I read this.
I wouldn't worry too much about it-they will be competing much of the time and won't be going to to the Parks until their team has been eliminated.

Really the only way to know if staying at a Resort where Cheerleaders are staying is going to be a game-changer for you is to give it a try. :)

The last week of April will be High School and College.

College usually stays at All-Star Sports and practices on the Football Field there-my guess is at POP they will practice on The Green.

It can actually be interesting to watch them practice-amazing Athletes.:)

Making it back “home” March 4-12. Are they filling the resort or reduced numbers.... need to have a drink or 2 at Petals. If anyone is around say hi. Haha
All Decades are open for Guests-not sure about Occupancy rates on any given day.

They are busy getting Petals in great shape for you! :)

So we are booked on for a preferred room. Our only other stay at Pop we were in building 5, but touring plans is suggesting building 1. Would 1 be better? IMO 5 is still the go to as it was close to the Skyliner and the Food Court. Would love to hear what the Pop regulars think.

So we are booked on for a preferred room. Our only other stay at Pop we were in building 5, but touring plans is suggesting building 1. Would 1 be better? IMO 5 is still the go to as it was close to the Skyliner and the Food Court. Would love to hear what the Pop regulars think.
Buildings 4 and 5 are prime locations close to everything. Those would be my recommendation although all preferred rooms are well located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter