POP to DHS. 9am park opening.

820. Got in line at the POP station
825. Got on skyliner.
830 Got In line at Caribbean. (Line looks long but goes qyick
843 got on a skyliner.
848 arrived at DHS
No line for temp or security.
straight to Toy story Midway Mania. LOL

Are there Standard rooms in the ‘60s section? I booked Standard and need to know if I can request that section.

I requested mine on MDE. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. This must have been done quite a while ago as there has been a glitch on the Pop Check-in page (both on the app and desktop version) that only shows the 50s and 70s sections available for standard rooms. It has been like this for a number of months now and has been reported to Disney IT but not fixed yet.

I just checked now and this is all that is showing for standard room choices:

Is this a glitch or done purposefully? I imagine there is high demand for 60s standard rooms. Maybe a way to steer people to other sections.

I called and requested 60s. They ended up putting me in 70s.

Is this a glitch or done purposefully? I imagine there is high demand for 60s standard rooms. Maybe a way to steer people to other sections.

I called and requested 60s. They ended up putting me in 70s.
We don't really know but since the 80's and 90's are not currently being offered either, it's hard to tell. There are standard rooms in every decade so it's unusual that they only offer them to those in the 50's and 70's.

I am here now. Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has I missed it). The buses to Disney Springs do not start running until 10:15 at the earliest.

May I ask why ‘50s is always your first? I’ve never stayed at Pop, so I’m curious.
We are 1950s fans as well.

The Theming is just so wonderful from the 4 Story Jukebox to the Pool shaped like a Bowling Pin with racks of Bowling Balls Poolside to the Laundry themed like a Bowling Shoes Rack.

We also adore the Soundtrack with songs from Elvis Presley,etc. and even the Mickey Mouse March. :)

The 1950s were so "laid back" and this section has that same "feel".

We usually get Pool View but sometimes will request a Lake View and watch the Skyliner fly.

On the crazy off chance that someone is at Pop right now and sees this, I am leaving 8 unopened water bottle outside door 2127 in 50’s section in case someone wants to swing by and grab them before mousekeeping throws them out.

Do you guys know if I can select 60's with a preferred room booking? I changed my room from a standard room to a preferred room just a couple of days ago, and I still cannot select any other room types than what was posted above in this thread. :confused3

We are 1950s fans as well.

The Theming is just so wonderful from the 4 Story Jukebox to the Pool shaped like a Bowling Pin with racks of Bowling Balls Poolside to the Laundry themed like a Bowling Shoes Rack.

We also adore the Soundtrack with songs from Elvis Presley,etc. and even the Mickey Mouse March. :)

The 1950s were so "laid back" and this section has that same "feel".

We usually get Pool View but sometimes will request a Lake View and watch the Skyliner fly.

View attachment 553810
Same we love the 50's section, lake view top floor is our favorite

50's section is the only way to go besides preferred rooms at 60's.
We stayed in the 70's building when we stayed at Pop for the first time in July. I hated it. I thought it was way too far from the main building and didn't care for the theming.
The 50's building is as close to everything as I want to be without it being a preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter