Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any reports on how they're handling wheelchairs and ECVs?

I will ask when I go to the bus stop. We are doing Epcot so prob won’t be today but if I have time this morning I will go out and ask the bus attendant that is out there. There was an ECV waiting when we got on the charter bus. The attendant was talking to him. I am almost certain they bring a regular Disney bus in for them. He of course was not able to board the charter bus. There were 2 charter busses at the same time at AK and they had both AoA and Pop people board together. We stopped at AoA first and only one person got off there, everyone else was for Pop on our bus.

If you don't mind and have the time,please ask one of the POP managers if there is indeed now a Disney-approved Guest Walkway from POP to CBR as has been reported.

It would be awesome if so,but I have serious doubts.

For one,if there is such a Guest Walkway now,why wasn't it offered as an alternative when the POP/AoA Skyliner line was down for Maintenence in January?

A Bus was provided from POP to CBR Station but no mention of " And also Pop Century Guests may use the new Guest Walkway from Pop Century to CBR Station".

Thanks.

Asked about a walkway to CBR this morning. I was told there is no walkway between the resorts for guest use. I didn’t ask if a walkway exists but just asked if there was a way to do it.

Yes exactly what I did too...

FYI the gift shop has 1L bottles of Desani for $4. We bought a couple to use this trip. I got a gallon of distilled water at the food court. I had to go in to a register to purchase that. Of course that isn’t very tasty to drink but I needed it for medical equipment.

FYI the gift shop has 1L bottles of Desani for $4. We bought a couple to use this trip. I got a gallon of distilled water at the food court. I had to go in to a register to purchase that. Of course that isn’t very tasty to drink but I needed it for medical equipment.
Oh yes,my purchase was late at night and was dying of thirst...best $4 I ever spent lol

I am "guessing" Bowling and Computer are not reaching Capacity-Bowling is our favorite so we would be in good shape. :)

Does anyone know if AoA Guests are being allowed to use the POP Pools while Big Blue is down?

If not,I bet Cozy Cone and Mermaid STAY at Capacity.

Positive note-nice to see the 11:00 PM close has returned.
No. AOA guests cannot use Pop pools even during a pool closure.

Question, we have a preferred room. What is the quietest section of the preferred rooms to request? I heard the cheerleaders will be at Pop in May. Is this still true?

This has been happening for more than a week now as like the parks, the pools have reduced capacity. Wish it was different but they're having to reduce capacity everywhere.

Has anyone been at Pop recently and experienced this? If so, how long was your return after signing up? I have heard it can be an hour+ but don't know if that is true or not. Would prefer to hear first-hand experiences. TIA!
When I was at Pop last month, the main pool was closed for refurbishment the second half of my trip. The smaller pools were still open. Since the pool doesn’t have a slide, going to one of the other pools instead was not a big deal.

Since the walkway to CBR continues to be an unsolved mystery... :teeth:

Odds of getting an adjoining/connecting room request approved when noting it more than 12 months in advance? Does the timing even matter?

Back in January 2004, I stayed seven nights at the All-Star Bowling Resort on a birthday trip. Today, I read the DIS news article about some changes at the Pop Century Resort since I visited in 2004. I did not know that the bowling section was changed to another theme, like Baseball.

I bowled in a local league before my visit to the resort, wearing a Mickey Mouse professional bowling shirt. They didn't have a room available at the bowling them that morning after I flew overnight from San Diego, CA. In the afternoon, they had a room available at the bowling theme.

I remember that there were nine stairwells shaped like the Brunswick bowling pins with the crowns at the neck of the pins. The swimming pool was the tenth pin.

Outside of my room, the pool was shaped like a bowling pin, with "lanes" on both sides next to the pool and a "ball rack" on the end of the pool. I swam in the pool even when the nights were cool, but I didn't mind. I just want to make my stay worth the experience of Disney World.

It was seven fun nights at the resort and all four parks. :love::earsboy:

Odds of getting an adjoining/connecting room request approved when noting it more than 12 months in advance? Does the timing even matter?
Unfortunately requesting early does not play into the room allocations. Those are not done until a few days before arrival. The fewer requests you have does seem to play a part so requesting an adjoining room only or, with possibly only one other preference as compared to someone who lists 3-5 things they want, should work in your favour.
Back in January 2004, I stayed seven nights at the All-Star Bowling Resort on a birthday trip. Today, I read the DIS news article about some changes at the Pop Century Resort since I visited in 2004. I did not know that the bowling section was changed to another theme, like Baseball.

I bowled in a local league before my visit to the resort, wearing a Mickey Mouse professional bowling shirt. They didn't have a room available at the bowling them that morning after I flew overnight from San Diego, CA. In the afternoon, they had a room available at the bowling theme.

I remember that there were nine stairwells shaped like the Brunswick bowling pins with the crowns at the neck of the pins. The swimming pool was the tenth pin.

Outside of my room, the pool was shaped like a bowling pin, with "lanes" on both sides next to the pool and a "ball rack" on the end of the pool. I swam in the pool even when the nights were cool, but I didn't mind. I just want to make my stay worth the experience of Disney World.

It was seven fun nights at the resort and all four parks. :love::earsboy:
I’m sorry but I believe you may have 2 resorts confused or, the person who wrote the article did.

Pop Century is based on the decades 1950’s through the 1990’s.

The 1950’s always did and still does have the things you listed; bowling pin shaped stairwells, bowling pin shaped pool with racks of balls at the end and alley markings on the pool deck.

I believe All Star Sports resort may have an area with a baseball theme but I’m not positive.

If you want a 50’s themed area featuring bowling accents then Pop Century should be your resort of choice.

I don't think the timing really matters.
I got connecting rooms with my parents when we didn't even request it a couple years ago. We had separate reservations and noted that we were traveling together, but that was it.

Or spend the $4.00 at one of the vending machines near the elevator, which I did a couple of times on my trip a month ago.
We were already in Everything Pop and didn’t want to walk to the vending machine although that probable would have been much quicker.

I need some help convincing myself I made the right choice... I've booked Pop several times with my family of 4. Only, every time I've ended up moving us to a moderate or deluxe before the trip. This time, I booked Pop for a week in May. I really want to stick to it and stay and actually stay at Pop this time. But, I'm concerned about the noise (mostly from the neighbors and those thin walls I keep reading about) and the bus transportation. Both of our kids want to stay at Pop, but they doubt I'll actually see it through and expect me to change again before our trip. Please convince me I made the right choice and should stick it out! I have two teenage boys, by the way, so I know it will be a bit cozy. That part doesn't concern me as much as my other worries. Thanks for any input you've got!

I need some help convincing myself I made the right choice... I've booked Pop several times with my family of 4. Only, every time I've ended up moving us to a moderate or deluxe before the trip. This time, I booked Pop for a week in May. I really want to stick to it and stay and actually stay at Pop this time. But, I'm concerned about the noise (mostly from the neighbors and those thin walls I keep reading about) and the bus transportation. Both of our kids want to stay at Pop, but they doubt I'll actually see it through and expect me to change again before our trip. Please convince me I made the right choice and should stick it out! I have two teenage boys, by the way, so I know it will be a bit cozy. That part doesn't concern me as much as my other worries. Thanks for any input you've got!
Bus and Skyliner make for better transportation than the large moderate resorts with multiple stops.

For noise, people usually recommend asking for upper floor and possibly using noise cancellation if it helps your sleep.

We were a deluxe resort family (especially recommended when strollers are involved) but after I discovered Pop on a solo trip, I brought the entire family there on the next trip (pre-Covid). Teenagers liked the ease to go get what they wanted at the food court and the liveliness of the pool. My mom liked that she could convert one of the bed to a table (her last trip was at GF) and sit at the tables outside. My husband liked that the difference in price means splurging on everything else. Everyone appreciated the Skyliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter