Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious. At other Disney hotels, I’ve been able to call Bell Services the night before and schedule them to pick up my luggage at a specific time the next morning. We would then head to the parks for our last day. Do they do this at Pop or has it been stopped due to the pandemic?

Why are the Bell Services lines so long? Fewer people working? Just busy weeks with a lot of people? Or are they like that all of the time?
Unfortunately I've found luggage services has been a weak spot at Pop for a long time. They seem to be understaffed and responsible for so many different things. Luggage drop offs/pick ups + delivery, grocery orders, stroller/scooter pickups/drop offs. Not sure of the solution but I've waited at luggage services 30+ minutes many times over the years. Would love to see that area improved.

Unfortunately I've found luggage services has been a weak spot at Pop for a long time. They seem to be understaffed and responsible for so many different things. Luggage drop offs/pick ups + delivery, grocery orders, stroller/scooter pickups/drop offs. Not sure of the solution but I've waited at luggage services 30+ minutes many times over the years. Would love to see that area improved.
I have never had to use Bell/luggage services before, as we typically drive and could keep our things in the car if our room wasn't ready. I wouldn't mind a 30 minute wait to drop my stuff, but I am really hoping to avoid an hours long wait... or even possibly longer! We have a full day at Epcot on arrival day, and I really don't want to waste too much time since our trip is so short! I have already requested out room be ready early, above any other requests... but I know it is very possible that it won't be. Hoping for the best!

They expanded the Pop luggage storage area a year or two ago and it is probably a good thing they did with the luggage delivery and RAC being cancelled. I think they just have too many people using bell services now and not enough staff. I was glad to see when people tried to cut the line for requests they consistently asked them to go to the end of the line - for example a woman came and told them she was told to ask for a courtesy wheelchair. The employee told her she had to wait in line. I am curious to know what she found out when she got to the front of the line on if they even still have one or not. I hope so since she had to wait in line. I did notice they had a large shelving unit full of rental strollers. Oddly I didn’t notice the scooters parked along the end of the building like in the past although I might have simply overlooked them since our line was so short and we weren’t along the end of the building. I think I will now ask foe a room to be ready above all other requests. We only care about having a tub (well my daughter does anyway).

In the standard view rooms with the queen beds (Murphy bed) what % of rooms have showers over tubs. Does a particular building or floor has more than other choices. We will prefer a room with a tub.

In the standard view rooms with the queen beds (Murphy bed) what % of rooms have showers over tubs. Does a particular building or floor has more than other choices. We will prefer a room with a tub.

This post should help you out: Pop Century Post-Refurbishment - Tub or Shower? I've been gathering data for a couple of years so that thread has a lot of info about individual rooms. Approx 66% of the rooms have a tub.

And the outside Tables are still available-one of our favorite things to do is eat Breakfast by the Pool by Petals and watch the Resort wake up. :)

Just a few more questions before our May trip. This will be our 3rd time staying at POP but our last trip to WDW was in 2016! I know with COVID things have changed as well.....

Do they still hold your luggage for you on the last day after checkout? I know we did that the last 2 times we were there. We usually go to Disney Springs our last day after we check out before Magic Express picks us up.

Has anyone used Amazon Prime Now to deliver to POP? This would be our first time doing any sort of grocery delivery. This one seems the best for us. Nothing crazy just water and sodas and some breakfast items. Just wanted to make sure we didn't have to be there when it was delivered.

Excited and counting down the days!!
Yes, to Prime Now - we order bottled water, iced coffees, lemonade, fruit, snacks - and they've always done a great job. This time our flight was delayed, and they held our order at bell services (it appears they even have refrigerators) until we arrived. Great perk!

I had to order distilled water at the register inside and went ahead and got my mug then too.
Wait, they have distilled water at the resorts?! I'd just been using regular bottled water for my sinus rinse this whole time because I didn't want to stop at a grocery store. 😂

Wait, they have distilled water at the resorts?! I'd just been using regular bottled water for my sinus rinse this whole time because I didn't want to stop at a grocery store. 😂
Yes, you can purchase a large bottle of distilled water at Pop. Not 100% sure where it is right now; either ask in the Everything Pop store or the food court.

Reading about bell service waits Im a bit nervous now about doing a split stay. My husband was very against it, I said it would be fine. We check out of Pop on 04/20 and check in at AOA. Would you wait and check luggage at POP to be transferred or walk over to AOA with luggage and attempt early check in / check luggage there?

E551B104-B92D-4E3D-8A9E-3B12887AB524.jpeg

This was our line for Bell service on February 27 at 11:11am our check in day. We waited about 45 minutes. On our last day March 6 we paid for late check out $76.00 till 2:30, so we could leave our luggage in our room and not check it in with bell service. Worked out better for us this way.

This was our line for Bell service on February 27 at 11:11am our check in day. We waited about 45 minutes. On our last day March 6 we paid for late check out $76.00 till 2:30, so we could leave our luggage in our room and not check it in with bell service. Worked out better for us this way.

They are doing late checkout? That's great news!! Last I knew it was unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter