Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading about bell service waits Im a bit nervous now about doing a split stay. My husband was very against it, I said it would be fine. We check out of Pop on 04/20 and check in at AOA. Would you wait and check luggage at POP to be transferred or walk over to AOA with luggage and attempt early check in / check luggage there?

Yeah I definitely would. Its a quick walk over there and that resort has fewer guests generally so I'd think they might not have a line over there at AOA.

Yeah I definitely would. Its a quick walk over there and that resort has fewer guests generally so I'd think they might not have a line over there at AOA.
We actually left our Luggage at AoA once when Checking IN TO POP.

We were excited to get to the Parks,our room at POP wasn't ready and the line at POP Luggage Assistance was around an hour,so we booked it over to AOA.

No line there and we just asked AoA Luggage Assistance if we could leave our bags there,that the line at POP was so LONG!

They were glad to do it and we hopped on an AoA bus to MK and were on our way!

We tipped them generously both leaving and picking up our bags. :)

Wait, they have distilled water at the resorts?! I'd just been using regular bottled water for my sinus rinse this whole time because I didn't want to stop at a grocery store. 😂

Yes they do have it! I asked at the entrance to the store and she took me over to regular bottled water at the store and I said it has to be distilled and she had me go to the cash register in pop food court to order it. They quickly got the gallon. It was cheap. I want to say $2.49 at most. Might have been cheaper. I forget.

We actually left our Luggage at AoA once when Checking IN TO POP.

We were excited to get to the Parks,our room at POP wasn't ready and the line at POP Luggage Assistance was around an hour,so we booked it over to AOA.

No line there and we just asked AoA Luggage Assistance if we could leave our bags there,that the line at POP was so LONG!

They were glad to do it and we hopped on an AoA bus to MK and were on our way!

We tipped them generously both leaving and picking up our bags. :)
Was this recently?

View attachment 567140

This was our line for Bell service on February 27 at 11:11am our check in day. We waited about 45 minutes. On our last day March 6 we paid for late check out $76.00 till 2:30, so we could leave our luggage in our room and not check it in with bell service. Worked out better for us this way.
How early in your stay did you request the late check out?

Amazon Prime shipped boxes - can you still ship a box of goodies to POP before you arrive?

I'm also interested in the Amazon Prime Now process.
When can you order it? The night before you leave? When you get there? Earlier?
And it sounds like they hold it at bell services? That's cool...
Would enjoy hearing a full "review" so to say, of this experience.

Amazon Prime shipped boxes - can you still ship a box of goodies to POP before you arrive?
I'm also interested in the Amazon Prime Now process.
When can you order it? The night before you leave? When you get there? Earlier?
And it sounds like they hold it at bell services? That's cool...
Would enjoy hearing a full "review" so to say, of this experience.
I have always ordered 5-7 days before I arrive and POP has always held it at bell services and then I either pick it up or call and have them deliver it when I get to our room.

Question- We have some family in Florida that is wanting to meet us on our arrival day for lunch. Does anyone know if they would be able to park at the resort so we could take the Skyliner to lunch at Riviera Resort? I thought about parking at Disney Springs and riding a bus but they are older and even though they will be vaccinated, I don’t want them to get around a big group of people. That’s why we are thinking Skyliner to a resort for outside dining would be better.

Question- We have some family in Florida that is wanting to meet us on our arrival day for lunch. Does anyone know if they would be able to park at the resort so we could take the Skyliner to lunch at Riviera Resort? I thought about parking at Disney Springs and riding a bus but they are older and even though they will be vaccinated, I don’t want them to get around a big group of people. That’s why we are thinking Skyliner to a resort for outside dining would be better.
My understanding is that if they're meeting you at the resort and can provide you name at the gate for verification, they should be allowed to meet you at Pop Century.

I have always ordered 5-7 days before I arrive and POP has always held it at bell services and then I either pick it up or call and have them deliver it when I get to our room.

Are these groceries coming directly/only from Whole Foods? Or are people doing combo orders? Or is this about only Amazon Prime groceries NOT from Whole Foods (i.e. dry goods mostly)?

Just wondering about order timing and how it differs depending on what kinds of things you want and where they are coming from.

We do Amazon Prime delivery for groceries here at home sometimes but only directly from Whole Foods. I've never done a grocery combo order and would love to hear how that works.

Does anyone know about how long after park close the rope drop rush dies down? What time would it be safe to head to the Skyliner if we wanted to avoid the madness?

Does anyone know about how long after park close the rope drop rush dies down? What time would it be safe to head to the Skyliner if we wanted to avoid the madness?
Typically the rush dies down in about 15 minutes. If you head to the Skyliner about 30 minutes after the park opens you will avoid the madness.

We are planning to eat dinner at Three Bridges at Coronado Springs. I am trying to figure out our best route via Disney transportation... Would it be to take the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios then catch a bus to Coronado? (We have a baby without a car seat so not planning to Uber/Lyft.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter