Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I decided to upgrade to a preferred and the only thing available was preferred pool view. What should I anticipate?

I decided to upgrade to a preferred and the only thing available was preferred pool view. What should I anticipate?
someone can hop in and correct me if i'm wrong, but any time i've ever had a preferred pool at Pop, it's been a room overlooking Hippie Dippie. While the pool was very loud, I did not notice the noise from my room. If you have a light sleeper who naps during the day it might be an issue. The rooms are situated nicely because they're pretty much equidistant between the main building and the skyliner.

We booked this for our next trip in October of 2024 (originally March - sad). I have a noise maker fan I am bringing, but I am super excited about its location for this old girl! Being between the skyliner and main building was a priority for me this next trip. We always request top floor no matter where we stay. So far, our wishes have been granted!

We booked this for our next trip in October of 2024 (originally March - sad). I have a noise maker fan I am bringing, but I am super excited about its location for this old girl! Being between the skyliner and main building was a priority for me this next trip. We always request top floor no matter where we stay. So far, our wishes have been granted!

My thinking was less walking in the extreme heat of August. I am arriving very late, so I am just hoping I get a non-ground floor room. Bit worried about noise, but the pool closes at 9ish I believe.

I have been in 7 of the 10 buildings. The worst walk I have had was after a very hot MNSSHP and walking to building 2. Didn't want a repeat.

My thinking was less walking in the extreme heat of August. I am arriving very late, so I am just hoping I get a non-ground floor room. Bit worried about noise, but the pool closes at 9ish I believe.

I have been in 7 of the 10 buildings. The worst walk I have had was after a very hot MNSSHP and walking to building 2. Didn't want a repeat.

We were in Building 2 in May 2009 -- a week we fondly refer to as "monsoon week". It rained *soooooo* much that week --- hours on end every day of our 7-day stay. Having that long walk every time we got back to the resort or even just to go get food or drinks at the food court was not enjoyable in the rain (though we still had a great trip). Two years later when we checked in and the CM told us our room assignment was Bldg. 2 (literally the same two rooms we had on that previous trip), I politely asked if there was anything else available (we needed connecting rooms). He was able to move us to bldg 8 which was so much closer to things -- especially the bus stop since we could cut through the parking lot and be there in no time.

We had a preferred room in 2018 and we requested 70's. We were in building 10 main floor right next to main building and very close to main pool but without the noise. It was perfect!

All of the preferred pool view rooms are in the 60's section (buildings 4 and 5). The bulk of these rooms face the Hippy Dippy Pool, but there are a few that face the splash pad. Rooms are located on all floors. My family has stayed in preferred pool view rooms exclusively for several years, mainly 1st floor. You can hear noise from the pool and even the movie, depending on room location. If anyone in your party likes to take afternoon naps or you go to bed before the pool closes, it might be noisy. The noise doesn't bother us but light sleepers may need some white noise.

The location is super convenient - less than 5 minutes to basically everything. There's also a mug refill station for soda/water next to the pool bar.

I don’t mind the pool/movie noise, but there are tables outside the perimeter of the pool fences where groups of people sometimes gravitate to late at night. I would find the talking/laughing outside my room late at night bothersome. It’s not like there’s people out there every single night, but occasionally, they’ll be there. You just never know. We have never stayed in preferred pool rooms, we‘ve just noticed these groups when we come back from the parks late at night.

Last edited:
I don’t mind the pool/movie noise, but there are tables outside the perimeter of the pool fences where groups of people sometimes gravitate to late at night. I would find the talking/laughing outside my room late at night bothersome. It’s not like there’s people out there every single night, but occasionally, they’ll be there. You just never know. We have never stayed in preferred pool rooms, we‘ve just noticed these groups when we come back from the parks late at night.
Generally they are just eating and moving on. We have moved chairs to keep groups from picking outside our door

Generally they are just eating and moving on.
I find the late night groups can be parked at those tables for hours, mostly just chatting and enjoying adult beverages. They seem to be families or groups of friends who travel together, and need a place to socialize near their rooms once their kids are in bed.
We have moved chairs to keep groups from picking outside our door
Good idea. :)

I just booked Pop for my April trip! A close friend is getting married at Disney and his wedding is 2 days before my birthday. So, for the first time ever, I get to spend my actual birthday in the parks. I am so excited to return to Pop and Disney. Come on April.
We are booked for Sept 2024 and it will be the first time I will be in the parks on my actual birthday also. Pretty excited about that!!

I think this is correct. People with preferred/preferred pool view rooms have been getting moved to Nemo suites at AoA lately. (I have seen reports on FB of this happening and not as paid upgrades but free)
Where are you seeing this? We are POP bound in august with a preferred room. Curious what dates are involved. Not gonna lie---my kids would love this.

Where are you seeing this? We are POP bound in august with a preferred room. Curious what dates are involved. Not gonna lie---my kids would love this.

Idk if it is still happening as I haven’t seen anything about it more recently. I saw several people say they were moved to Nemo suites on a Pop FB group. I am guessing whatever repairs they needed to fix are probably done but not positive since I am not currently there.

Idk if it is still happening as I haven’t seen anything about it more recently. I saw several people say they were moved to Nemo suites on a Pop FB group. I am guessing whatever repairs they needed to fix are probably done but not positive since I am not currently there.
There were reports of water leaks. They are doing maintenance on the rooms.

There were reports of water leaks. They are doing maintenance on the rooms.

Yes when I was there early July I met a woman who had a flood in her room and heard others mention that. I just am not sure if the work is still happening now or not and not sure if they are still moving people to AoA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter