Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Okay this is probably a weird question but the last time I stayed at Pop during the pandemic there wasn’t body lotion in the room. I stay at other Disney resorts and they always have it so I usually don’t pack lotion but after staying at Pop last time and my skin being dry, I need to plan ahead. Any recent visitors to Pop know if the rooms include body lotion?

Values have never provided body lotion unfortunately so you will want to bring your own.

I had delayed skyliner for lightning in the area. It was a bit annoying because I was so tired and had just been trying to make a quick trip to DHS to pick up an item from guest relations that flew off on RNRC. But the CMs kept everyone informed and the delay was no more than standing out front of Pop waiting for a bus every 20 minutes at that time of day. They cleared the POP/AoA line first. And had 3 buses arrive within a few minutes of each other once things got rolling.

Is Skyliner access worth 166USD? We're a family of three and will be visiting Hollywood Studios and Epcot in May 2024 on 2 separate days (no park hopping). Should we keep our 3-nt Pop reservation or switch over to ASM and save some money? Is there a website that shows when the Skyliner closed down historically?

We love the skyliner and have never had an issue with it, never had it shut down when we’ve went to use it either. I would say yes but really it all depends on what you find worth it. Historically the skyliner goes down in January for a week or two for refurbishment but when that happens they will provide busses.

I posted the below in another Thread-it would REALLY help the situation by providing Guests an option from CBR Station besides Buses when Disney Skyliner goes down.

Disney should really provide a walkway from CBR to DHS and also from CBR to POP/AoA.

I would say that it is very unlikely that they ever will but there is some hope in that it was once thought that the Grand Floridian to MK Walkway would never happen.

Yes! As I was standing there so close yet so far I was thinking how easy it would be to have a sidewalk connecting the two. My daughter even asked if we could walk. I know we could have done an Uber but I really couldn’t believe that they wouldn’t send another bus for us. I thought for sure the bus they sent would return and pick us up any minute. Everyone always says they send lots of busses and we experienced that in the past but this time they left about 30-45 people just standing there waiting and told me they basically couldn’t pull a bus out of thin air. I was like you did it for everyone else at the station except us so apparently you can when you want to.

I have walked back and forth between Pop and Caribbean, I just opened up my map app and followed the blue dot through what looked like the easiest route. I walked through a cast member parking lot and across century drive. Wasn’t too difficult and probably only took 10 minutes

I have walked back and forth between Pop and Caribbean, I just opened up my map app and followed the blue dot through what looked like the easiest route. I walked through a cast member parking lot and across century drive. Wasn’t too difficult and probably only took 10 minutes
Only problem is it is not allowed by Disney to do that .

Ask any Manager at either Resort and they will tell you there is no approved by Disney walkway between the two Resorts.

Too much liability with the crossing Century Drive part I would think.

Ask any Manager at either Resort and they will tell you there is no approved by Disney walkway between the two Resorts.

No there is no approved walkway but also no one is going to come track you down and come yell at you either. I have done it more than once and seen others do it as well. Heck I used to do it before the skyliner was made to check out the other resorts arcade and pin trading. Being stuck for who knows how long or taking a quick walk, we’ll you are an adult it’s up to you what you want to do. If you don’t want to cut though the parking lot you can also just walk on the grass by the roads that take you right there but that wouldn’t work well with a stroller.

No there is no approved walkway but also no one is going to come track you down and come yell at you either. I have done it more than once and seen others do it as well. Heck I used to do it before the skyliner was made to check out the other resorts arcade and pin trading. Being stuck for who knows how long or taking a quick walk, we’ll you are an adult it’s up to you what you want to do. If you don’t want to cut though the parking lot you can also just walk on the grass by the roads that take you right there but that wouldn’t work well with a stroller.

Yeah I would have gotten an Uber before I would do that. I knew it was possible to walk between the two but personally I would only use a walkway made for that purpose.

I would also imagine that walking through a Cast Member parking lot if you're not a cast member is also against the rules.

Being an adult is knowing that rules are in place for a reason.

I would also imagine that walking through a Cast Member parking lot if you're not a cast member is also against the rules.
Big time.

Disney probably is as excited about seeing a Guest in a Cast Member Parking Lot as they are about seeing a Guest in a Backstage area.

And of course they don't want Guests walking on the side of a road that doesn't have a sidewalk or crossing a road without a safe crosswalk.

Black and white-not even in the ballpark of a gray area.

If Disney wants Guests to walk between the 2 Resorts they will provide a safe designated way to do it.

They own the joint,they make the rules-not the Guests.

Wow you guys are a barrel of fun. Nothing wrong about walking in the grass by a road and comparing walking through an open parking lot that is not fenced in is nothing like walking through backstage areas. If you don’t want to do it don’t but don’t talk down to me like I’m breaking and entering somewhere. I bet you are the type that stands at the crosswalks when there are no cars for a mile but won’t walk across if the sign is blinking don’t walk…..and then proceeds to walk across when it says walk even if a car is turning onto the road.

Can toddlers use their own floats in the pool (ie. a puddle jumper) or do they need to use Pop's vests?

I saw on the first page that the TVs have ports in the back you can plug a streaming stick into, but can anyone confirm if it works? Particularly a Roku stick? I did a quick forum search and saw people got streaming sticks working at other resorts but saw nothing about Pop.

My friends and I are visiting next month and we don't want to miss the new Ahsoka episode for that week. 😄

After sampling a lot of resorts, we are heading back home to Pop in March. I put the extra $$ on a preferred pool view. I have stayed in all of the categories except this one. We stayed in a Nemo suite one trip at AoA; I loved the location in between the skyliner and the main building. 227 days til we go home again!! Until then, I will light my Pop candle and enjoy the smells from here . . .
We decided to take a quick, long weekend in February and also booked the preferred pool view after originally doing the regular pool view. The price increase was about $20 per night to guarantee being closest to the skyliner.

Hoping for a fun trip -- we stayed at Polynesian over spring break and I'm a little anxious about the travel to/from MK but I think having a super easy trip to EPCOT and HS will even it out. I think the potential lower crowds will probably even things out given that our past trip was Easter week and super busy.

We decided to take a quick, long weekend in February and also booked the preferred pool view after originally doing the regular pool view. The price increase was about $20 per night to guarantee being closest to the skyliner.

Hoping for a fun trip -- we stayed at Polynesian over spring break and I'm a little anxious about the travel to/from MK but I think having a super easy trip to EPCOT and HS will even it out. I think the potential lower crowds will probably even things out given that our past trip was Easter week and super busy.
Personally, I think transportation from Pop to MK is excellent, especially in the morning. There always seems to be a line of buses waiting to head to MK. Middle of the day, you might wait 10-15min as buses just aren't as frequent - and sometimes we hop the AoA bus if one is there waiting since it's such a short walk over to Pop, particularly preferred pool view rooms. We rarely stay until park close at MK so I'm not sure how crazy that gets.

Also, I really appreciate the bus queues set up at Pop, which seems to lead to much more orderly loading in the morning compared with when I stayed at DVC resorts in the past.

Personally, I think transportation from Pop to MK is excellent, especially in the morning. There always seems to be a line of buses waiting to head to MK. Middle of the day, you might wait 10-15min as buses just aren't as frequent - and sometimes we hop the AoA bus if one is there waiting since it's such a short walk over to Pop, particularly preferred pool view rooms. We rarely stay until park close at MK so I'm not sure how crazy that gets.

Also, I really appreciate the bus queues set up at Pop, which seems to lead to much more orderly loading in the morning compared with when I stayed at DVC resorts in the past.
We hop the AoA bus also when we have the chance instead of waiting in line for the Pop bus. It's a great tip that can save a lot of time if you hit it right instead of waiting for maybe 2 Pop busses if the line is long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter