Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We returned today from our stay at POP and we loved it! We are deluxe people and I was not sure how we’d feel about POP, but it was great! The room was small, but it was just right for two people. Had my sons been along, it would’ve been too tight for two adults and two 15-year-olds. The addition of the Skyliner is great and it makes getting to two parks quick and convenient. It makes me only want to stay at a Skyliner resort in the future. I loved the food court and all the options! My DH and I will definitely be back!

On a side note, our plane only landed after 11:00pm and we arrived after midnight. I never got a room ready text or had a room number showing in MDE. We had to go to the front desk and there were only two CMs working and both were helping other guests. I think both parties must have been having issues because we waited well over 30 minutes for someone to help us. A third CM finally came from somewhere and was so sweet and apologetic. We were assigned a room in the 90’s section, but she was able to move us to the 60’s section. Our new room location was perfect!

Thanks for answering my questions over the last few months! We had a great trip!

We had our first stay (and first value stay ever) at Pop last week and really enjoyed it! What a fun vibe. We got a top floor room in building 3 in the 50s, facing the lake. Great location. I mainly wanted to avoid the main pool/60s area and I think that was a good call. It was much quieter where we were. We of course LOVED the Skyliner. What a great transport method. We had a corner room, not connecting, and I was surprised we could still hear some from the other rooms, mostly flushes or doors banging. My mom was very hesistant as she’s a mod/deluxe person but even she admitted she enjoyed Pop LOL. I would definitely return.

We returned today from our stay at POP and we loved it! We are deluxe people and I was not sure how we’d feel about POP, but it was great! The room was small, but it was just right for two people. Had my sons been along, it would’ve been too tight for two adults and two 15-year-olds. The addition of the Skyliner is great and it makes getting to two parks quick and convenient. It makes me only want to stay at a Skyliner resort in the future. I loved the food court and all the options! My DH and I will definitely be back!

On a side note, our plane only landed after 11:00pm and we arrived after midnight. I never got a room ready text or had a room number showing in MDE. We had to go to the front desk and there were only two CMs working and both were helping other guests. I think both parties must have been having issues because we waited well over 30 minutes for someone to help us. A third CM finally came from somewhere and was so sweet and apologetic. We were assigned a room in the 90’s section, but she was able to move us to the 60’s section. Our new room location was perfect!

Thanks for answering my questions over the last few months! We had a great trip!

We had our first stay (and first value stay ever) at Pop last week and really enjoyed it! What a fun vibe. We got a top floor room in building 3 in the 50s, facing the lake. Great location. I mainly wanted to avoid the main pool/60s area and I think that was a good call. It was much quieter where we were. We of course LOVED the Skyliner. What a great transport method. We had a corner room, not connecting, and I was surprised we could still hear some from the other rooms, mostly flushes or doors banging. My mom was very hesistant as she’s a mod/deluxe person but even she admitted she enjoyed Pop LOL. I would definitely return.

Love to hear that you both enjoyed POP!! We definitely find that the POP food court REALLY outshines the Deluxe ones with variety! And as you mentioned, the skyliner is so convenient especially with all of the bus delays recently! Glad you both had a great trip! (We are leaving for Disney this week and aren't staying at Pop which makes me nervous!! lol....we love it there!)

First POP trip coming in 50ish days. I'm going solo this trip and it was one of the few resorts available left to book. From what I've ready 50's and 60's building is best in terms of cloeseness to skyliner and buses, correct?

checking in tomorrow, requested 50's building, top floor, hoping for a quiet area.
any cheer groups staying at POP in the next week?

First POP trip coming in 50ish days. I'm going solo this trip and it was one of the few resorts available left to book. From what I've ready 50's and 60's building is best in terms of cloeseness to skyliner and buses, correct?

We were in the 60’s building last week and thought the location was perfect for quick access to the Skyliner and busses.

Does anyone remember the Indiana Jones pinball machine at the Fast Forward Arcade at Pop Century? If so, do you happen to remember which one they had? I could have sworn it was Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, which is apparently a machine from 1993, but I just realized there was another Indiana Jones pinball machine released in 2008 (to coincide with the theatrical release of Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull), so now I'm doubting my memory a little bit.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought someone might remember it or have a picture of it.

Last edited:
Do they take cash at the food court and gift shop? Does DW in general still take cash? I know a lot places are going cashless. I live by an amusement park and last year they went cash free.

Is there any chance of Everything Pop dining increasing their hours? We have a few early mornings and late nights planned in June, and it'd be cool if they were open when we were on our way in/out of the resort.

Do they take cash at the food court and gift shop? Does DW in general still take cash? I know a lot places are going cashless. I live by an amusement park and last year they went cash free.
Yes. they take cash at the food court and gift shop. WDW in general still takes cash.
Is there any chance of Everything Pop dining increasing their hours? We have a few early mornings and late nights planned in June, and it'd be cool if they were open when we were on our way in/out of the resort.
The way Disney is moving is less rather than more but there is always a chance. It sure would be nice to be able to grab a late snack when returning to the resort.

When we were there in October, they still took cash. I personally like using the magic band and then paying off the bill at the end or even mid-trip. But cash was still a thing in October.

Yes, the 50's and 60's are great locations for both the skyliner and buses. I have stayed in the 50's and it was a great location for everything!

Staying at POP in August!
Requesting 50s or 60s even though we booked standard.
Fingers crossed we get it!

Hi! Staying one night at Pop before checking in Poly next Friday. It’s just DH and I and we want to go to Disney Springs that night. How are the Springs buses? Debating booking disney springs hotel to walk instead.

Thanks

Hi! Staying one night at Pop before checking in Poly next Friday. It’s just DH and I and we want to go to Disney Springs that night. How are the Springs buses? Debating booking disney springs hotel to walk instead.

Thanks
We had no issues with DS buses from Pop. They came pretty frequently during every trip. Coming back to Pop, the Pop bus is one of the longest walks. You pretty much will walk past every other resort bus stop before you get to Pop's. Art of Animation bus depot is right beside Pop so feel free to take the AofA bus if it comes quicker. The walk through AoA back to Pop is a nice one if nobody has any mobility issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter