Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone ever worked from the Pop? Is the Wifi solid?
I know its not ideal but I'm going to have to at least one day. We didn't want to spend a ton on a room if we would otherwise be at the parks.
I didn't have a problem with WiFi at POP in September of this year. Stayed in the 50's building as far away from the Lobby as you could get in that section.

That was not the case when we stayed at AoA in June. Every day that we used the buses (for MK, AK, & DS) there were people standing in line at the DHS and/or EP bus stops and a CM or bus driver would tell the people that those buses only run when the Skyliner is down. One of the guests said that there always used to be limited bus transportation to those parks from AoA even when Skyliner was operating. The CM said that service was discontinued several months earlier.
This is the first I’ve heard this.

Has anyone else been told this? If do I will update the post on page 1 but will wait for confirmation first.

This is the first I’ve heard this.

Has anyone else been told this? If do I will update the post on page 1 but will wait for confirmation first.

I did not witness it firsthand but was told that they were no longer doing busses from AoA when skyliner was running by someone when we were there in August but it was not an employee - it was during conversation while on the skyliner with another family who was staying at AoA and wanted to take a bus

I did not witness it firsthand but was told that they were no longer doing busses from AoA when skyliner was running by someone when we were there in August but it was not an employee - it was during conversation while on the skyliner with another family who was staying at AoA and wanted to take a bus
I was at Pop a few weeks ago with an ECV and asked if I could take a bus to HS instead of Skyliner and was told “no”. CM told me that busses were only available to HS and Epcot if skyliner was not running. I was told only way to get to HS or Epcot by bus when skyliner is up and running would be to go to AK or MK after 1:00 pm and catch bus from there....crazy...

A little late but add a forth; I was at POP Sept 10-20 this year. I was near the front of EPCOT and it was raining hard so headed to the buses just in case. I was told the same thing as @Lsdolphin the buses to AoA and POP only run when the Skyliner is not running.

I, too, remember when buses ran from AoA to EPCOT all the time: Sept 2021. Seems those days are over.

Thanks everyone for sharing your recent experiences and helping to keep the information in the thread current!

The Transportation post on page 1 has been updated to show that buses no longer run from either Pop or AoA to DHS and Epcot when the Skyliner is running.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Are the microwave and toaster in the food court accessible early in the morning or at night before/after the food court is open?

Have stayed at pop many times before remodel, wasn’t thrilled with the room. I did like all the cubbies in the bathroom and coffee bar. Needs to have another mirror in the bedroom area. Oh the beds were hard as a rock. We will have to find a new home, didn’t help we were stuck in our room for 2 days during the hurricane. Housekeeping brought extra towels and flashlights before the shutdown, they did come in every day after the hurricane and took towels and trash and turned all the lights on.
1st time for skyliner, when the line is massive it’s not good, when there is no line it was great. Did walk over to AOA for a bus to HS, that is apparently not a thing anymore. Several groups wondering what to do, my DD and her husband took an Uber, we got a bus to MK, then went to monorail to poly and then a bus to HS took us 2 hours but we finally made it to the park.
Best buy at pop was the case of Dasani for 6.99. Had the braised beef dinner several times and it was delicious. Food court was open during the 2 day shutdown and it was packed, each section had a line going out the door. CM were really great about everything.
We thought something was off when we checked in on tuesday afternoon and
it looked like chaos happening at the front desk area, had just announced 5 minutes prior parks were shutting down. We stayed in the 50s section building 1 3rd floor great location.

Have stayed at pop many times before remodel, wasn’t thrilled with the room. I did like all the cubbies in the bathroom and coffee bar. Needs to have another mirror in the bedroom area. Oh the beds were hard as a rock. We will have to find a new home, didn’t help we were stuck in our room for 2 days during the hurricane. Housekeeping brought extra towels and flashlights before the shutdown, they did come in every day after the hurricane and took towels and trash and turned all the lights on.
1st time for skyliner, when the line is massive it’s not good, when there is no line it was great. Did walk over to AOA for a bus to HS, that is apparently not a thing anymore. Several groups wondering what to do, my DD and her husband took an Uber, we got a bus to MK, then went to monorail to poly and then a bus to HS took us 2 hours but we finally made it to the park.
Best buy at pop was the case of Dasani for 6.99. Had the braised beef dinner several times and it was delicious. Food court was open during the 2 day shutdown and it was packed, each section had a line going out the door. CM were really great about everything.
We thought something was off when we checked in on tuesday afternoon and
it looked like chaos happening at the front desk area, had just announced 5 minutes prior parks were shutting down. We stayed in the 50s section building 1 3rd floor great location.

Why didn’t you take the skyliner to studios? I have waited in the line all the way back in the 50’s when they were only loading one family per car and it didn’t take any time at all. Line constantly moved. Last trip when they loaded groups together it was significantly faster than that. The lines at the transfer station move very quickly too. Definitely way less than 2 hours. Mattresses are individual taste of course and sorry it was bad for you. I like it much better than my mattress at home and have considering buying the same one if I could possibly find it lol. Glad you were safe during the hurricane and had a reasonably good experience there during it. I don’t think the food court is set up to have a full resort with parks closed so I can only imagine how crowded it must have been.

Has anyone ever worked from the Pop? Is the Wifi solid?
I know its not ideal but I'm going to have to at least one day. We didn't want to spend a ton on a room if we would otherwise be at the parks.

I've found it to be very solid in the last couple of years. (I believe it was upgraded recently – it's an order of magnitude better than Fort Wilderness, for one.)

My rooms were in 50s, 80s, and 90s as recently as last February. Can't speak to the central area. I ask for 80s and 90s anyway for the theme and the side parking lot.

Why didn’t you take the skyliner to studios? I have waited in the line all the way back in the 50’s when they were only loading one family per car and it didn’t take any time at all. Line constantly moved. Last trip when they loaded groups together it was significantly faster than that. The lines at the transfer station move very quickly too. Definitely way less than 2 hours. Mattresses are individual taste of course and sorry it was bad for you. I like it much better than my mattress at home and have considering buying the same one if I could possibly find it lol. Glad you were safe during the hurricane and had a reasonably good experience there during it. I don’t think the food court is set up to have a full resort with parks closed so I can only imagine how crowded it must have been.
DD and sil were in line for the skyliner and it wasn’t moving, so they bailed and told us the situation. We were there a few minutes later, same thing the line never moved. Now this was Friday after the hurricane and everyone had been on lock down for 2 days so crowds were massive.
Rode the skyliner to Epcot at 8:15am on Saturday not a single person in line and that trip was very quick. When we got to Epcot that was a different story, the 40th and lines were bad all day.
My husband and I are close to 60 and we like to take our time anyway, we could not even keep up with our 30 year olds this trip. Many lessons learned.
As for the food court I was surprised it was actually orderly with the formed lines, the grab and go section even had a line. Only thing they seemed to run out of was trays and tables, food seemed plentiful.

I haven't charged back to my Disney room for years and years. Will someone please explain to me how the having a card on file works? I think they put a $100 hold on your card at the values? So say I'm out and about, and making purchases. I am using up that $100? And once I spend it all they put another $100 hold on my card? What if I don't charge back to my room? How long does it take the hold to come back off?

I haven't charged back to my Disney room for years and years. Will someone please explain to me how the having a card on file works? I think they put a $100 hold on your card at the values? So say I'm out and about, and making purchases. I am using up that $100? And once I spend it all they put another $100 hold on my card? What if I don't charge back to my room? How long does it take the hold to come back off?

Yes that is how the hold works. If you spend more than $100 they run the $100 charge which release the first hold and they place a second $100 hold on the card. When holds are released depends on your bank. From my experience Disney releases the holds quickly because they fall off my card within days depending on if it is a weekend or not. I rarely charge to the room more than the $100 hold. Usually it is my daughter buying a snack here and there when I don’t want to pull out my Disney gift card or credit card. The hold falls off my card shortly after I check out - a few days or less. I have heard other people’s banks take longer than mine does so your experience may vary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter