• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We checked into Pop yesterday, our first time here. Love it so far. We even got a Remy boarding group from the resort wifi.
We check in on Halloween. Do you know if there are any special activities going on there for Halloween? Our 3 granddaughters would love it! TIA

We check in on Halloween. Do you know if there are any special activities going on there for Halloween? Our 3 granddaughters would love it! TIA

Usually Pop will have a few Halloween themed things happenning. I have seen a "guess the number of candies in the jar" type of game, and they usually run a Halloween themed movie on one of the grassy areas and have a DJ at the pool area. It's light, but there should be some little bits of fun.

This is Pop's calendar of Halloween activities from 2019. Obviously this year's will be different, but at least it'll give you an idea of what they've done in the past!

Attachments

• IMG_6718-768x1024.jpg
    IMG_6718-768x1024.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 22
I had to reschedule my October stay and it is now a November one. My room type is now a Preferred Pool View Room. I assume these rooms can be quite loud?

I had to reschedule my October stay and it is now a November one. My room type is now a Preferred Pool View Room. I assume these rooms can be quite loud?
They have potential to be louder but hopefully in November the crowds at the pool are less due to slightly cooler weather, especially in the evenings. The pool hours may also be slightly shorter in November than they are in the summer.

The pro is that they're close to everything!

They have potential to be louder but hopefully in November the crowds at the pool are less due to slightly cooler weather, especially in the evenings. The pool hours may also be slightly shorter in November than they are in the summer.

The pro is that they're close to everything!
Thanks! It is also a king bed/roll in shower accessible room due to my mobility issues. Based on my research (including your wonderful thread about the rooms!) it is likely to be room #5103 which actually faces the spash pad/kiddie pool rather than the main pool. I really don't plan on spending much time in the room during the daytime.

We love the location of the preferred pool view rooms. Last time, in September 2018, we were on the 2nd floor about midway along the pool and didn’t really notice loud noises. Staying in one again in a couple weeks.

Question for those who are there right now or have been recently. Is it still mostly Mobile Order at the food court or is it easy to just drop in and order like before?

Question for those who are there right now or have been recently. Is it still mostly Mobile Order at the food court or is it easy to just drop in and order like before?
I'll qualify by saying I'm not there but we have had many guests report that the food court is open and functioning as normal now with many food stations to choose from. The grab 'n go section is also open.

Mobile ordering is still an option.

Everything Pop Dining is definitely back to "normal" as of this AM-they did the whole changeover overnight!

It is still just the limited Menu,but I am sure they will add things as time goes on.

It felt a little strange to walk through a line this AM!lol

I searched for the topic of thermostat settings but was not successful. Hoping since my previous visit that room settings can go lower than 65 degrees and isn’t ‘smart’ to run only when motion is detected?? Does anyone have recent experience? TIA

I searched for the topic of thermostat settings but was not successful. Hoping since my previous visit that room settings can go lower than 65 degrees and isn’t ‘smart’ to run only when motion is detected?? Does anyone have recent experience? TIA
I don't know if they go below 65 degrees, but that is what ours was set at when we arrived (in mid-Sept.). But I can tell you they do not have motion sensors. It was freezing all night long.

We were
We were there October 6-10. We set ours at 62.
ETA: We had to set the fan to Hi instead of Auto. That did the trick to keep the room cool.

Has anyone stayed at moderates/deluxes and also POP? I’m booked there for the first time and have always stayed moderate and most recently deluxes for all trips but because it’s a short trip I figured why not.

Has anyone stayed at moderates/deluxes and also POP? I’m booked there for the first time and have always stayed moderate and most recently deluxes for all trips but because it’s a short trip I figured why not.
Yes, we did Poly twice (7-8 nights), BC once (10 nights) and even GF because that was my mom’s dream (5 nights). I went to Pop on a solo trip and like it so much that we went back as a family (6 nights). We all loved it: Mom, two teens, husband and uncle, so people with different standards and expectations.

The vibe is different. The place is whimsical. The food court is efficient. The pools are fun, they don’t have slides but the animation is lively. The rooms are well organized and provide comfy beds and functional spaces. Walking around the lake or flying over it in the gondolas is beautiful. Definitely worth trying.

We have stayed at BC, CBR and POP and loved all them for different reasons. The most recent stay was at POP. I really like the renovated rooms at POP. The rooms offer a lot more flexibility. The sky liner is also a game changer. It's nice to be able to go to HS and EPCOT in a short amount of time.

We have stayed at AoA, YC, POP twice and All Star Movies. While we love YC for the pool area and how close it is to two parks, POP is our go to. The food court and layout is great, no room is that far from the busses, and skyliner looks to be a nice perk. The renovated rooms are really nice too. If we had unlimited budget, we would probably stay YC again, my son likes a water slide and of course there isn't one at a value, but until then, we will choose POP.

We are transferring from Pop to Yacht Club tomorrow. Do we take our bags to Bell Services at the front outside of the lobby or to the old airline checkin station? I’d check myself, but we aren’t currently at the resort.

Yes, we did Poly twice (7-8 nights), BC once (10 nights) and even GF because that was my mom’s dream (5 nights). I went to Pop on a solo trip and like it so much that we went back as a family (6 nights). We all loved it: Mom, two teens, husband and uncle, so people with different standards and expectations.

The vibe is different. The place is whimsical. The food court is efficient. The pools are fun, they don’t have slides but the animation is lively. The rooms are well organized and provide comfy beds and functional spaces. Walking around the lake or flying over it in the gondolas is beautiful. Definitely worth trying.

thank you everyone for your responses!!! This makes me feel so much better about my choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter