• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

This is the first time anyone has reported experiencing this. I’m not saying it didn’t happen to you but is different from what has happened since Pop reopened in July 2020.

Has anyone else had this rotation when the Skyliner shuts down because if so, it’s new.
I’ll be there on Monday and will keep you posted.

Hi. Headed to Pop Dec. 20-26. Is there any way to know if the Skyliner isn’t going to be running without having to walk all the way over to it? I know I can see if it’s moving or not, but what if it’s raining really hard before it starts running for the day (before rope drop)? I’m seeing some potentially big rain in the forecast early next week and am wondering if there’s any way to know if we should just go out to the busses or if we have to walk over and see if the sign is out that it’s not running. I know it runs in rain if no lightning, but what if it’s a heavy downpour with no lightning?

If there's no lightning or heavy winds it should still run.

I'll be staying at Pop in January and just took a look at the online check in process. I made a preferred room reservation and thought about specifically requesting the 60s section on the top floor but the only options I'm seeing are 50s section, 70s section, King Bed, and Ground Floor.

I know all the preferred rooms are supposed to be closer to everything, so is it worth it to call or email to specify the 60s section? Or maybe preferred reservations are more likely to be placed there anyway? My main concern is the walk from the room to buses and the Skyliner. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of AoA once and never want to repeat a long walk like that at the end of a busy park day again.

I'll be staying at Pop in January and just took a look at the online check in process. I made a preferred room reservation and thought about specifically requesting the 60s section on the top floor but the only options I'm seeing are 50s section, 70s section, King Bed, and Ground Floor.

I know all the preferred rooms are supposed to be closer to everything, so is it worth it to call or email to specify the 60s section? Or maybe preferred reservations are more likely to be placed there anyway? My main concern is the walk from the room to buses and the Skyliner. I stayed in the Little Mermaid section of AoA once and never want to repeat a long walk like that at the end of a busy park day again.

If you really want 60's top floor, I think it's worth contacting Disney to have your request added to your reservation. Unless you have a preferred pool reservation (guaranteed 60's), a preferred room could be in the 50's, 60's, or 70's.

That said, the walk to any preferred location at Pop is most likely going to be much more pleasant than your experience at in the LM section at AoA.

Last edited:

This is a known error in the check-in. If you would like the 60's section it's worth calling to request it and hope that you are assigned a room there.

This is a known error in the check-in. If you would like the 60's section it's worth calling to request it and hope that you are assigned a room there.

Ahhh thank you, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that a while back. My memory isn't the greatest.

That said, the walk to any preferred location at Pop is most likely going to be much more pleasant than your experience at in the LM section at AoA.

I figured that would be the case, thanks for confirming!

It's not a huge deal if I'm not in the 60s, so unless the phone wait times have gotten better recently I might just try the contact form I've seen on the WDW site and cross my fingers.

Just a little reminder to take a peek at page 1 of this thread too as many details are covered there and we're working hard to keep that page current.

Hi, everyone! My DH and I are planning a quick, 3-night trip to Disney from April 12th-April 15th to see our sons March in the MK with their marching band. We normally stay at deluxe resorts, so the values are new to us, although we did stay at Pop for one night in 2009. We are booking Pop over the All-Stars because of the Skyliner since we are going to Epcot and DHS in addition to MK. We are booking a standard room, not preferred. What section do I want to request to be closest to the Skyliner? Also, is a king bed room a request only? I can’t see any way to book a king room on the Disney site.

TIA!

Hi, everyone! My DH and I are planning a quick, 3-night trip to Disney from April 12th-April 15th to see our sons March in the MK with their marching band. We normally stay at deluxe resorts, so the values are new to us, although we did stay at Pop for one night in 2009. We are booking Pop over the All-Stars because of the Skyliner since we are going to Epcot and DHS in addition to MK. We are booking a standard room, not preferred. What section do I want to request to be closest to the Skyliner? Also, is a king bed room a request only? I can’t see any way to book a king room on the Disney site.

TIA!
Hi there! King bed is request only. Buildings 3,4, and 5 are closest to the Skyliner. If the last time you stayed there was in 2009, that was before the refurb. Rooms now have one queen size regular bed and one queen size murphy bed that folds down out of the wall on to the table if you need a second bed.

TIA!
You may request a king room although most are handi-accessible rooms so understandably those are higher priority.

The 60’s section is closest to the Skyliner but also has the least amount of standard rooms and the highest number of requests so not all requests can be honoured.

The posts on page 1 of this thread contain maps, room location information and more.

I

I've stayed at Pop a few times, and there is no way that I know of to be close to both the buses and the Skyliner, since each is at opposite ends of the resort. We were most recently in a room in the 60's building (4276, if I remember correctly) that couldn't have been any closer to the Skyliner. At first I thought the long walk to the main hall would be annoying, but I found that it's much better to have a very short walk back to your room from the Skyliner at the end of a tiring day. The walk to the main hall seems like nothing in the morning when you're still fresh.

Last edited:
I have stayed in the 50's section several times and love buildings 1 and 3 the walk is not that bad. Getting luggage to building 1 is a lot easier than any where in the 60's section and the non preferred side of building 3 faces the lake and skyline.

I just got back from POP stayed in Room 4106, 2 queen beds, with bathtub and connecting room

I noticed in the intro to this thread it says a twin air mattress could be squeezed in, has anybody actually done this? Tips? Extra points for a pic :)

I noticed in the intro to this thread it says a twin air mattress could be squeezed in, has anybody actually done this? Tips? Extra points for a pic :)

It can certainly be done. We had a weeklong stay and our son happily slept on the inflatable mattress. I would recommend splurging for at least a mid tier version. We propped it up against the wall during the day and he dropped it each evening kicking it as he tried to get to his clothes and such. It makes for a tight fit and it will take a beating. Sorry, but no pics. Enjoy your stay!

Here's a floor plan I found somewhere on the internet. There isn't as much room between the foot of the beds and the tv stand/dresser as this image would imply - just room enough to walk. A twin sized air mattress would probably fit well under the window, between the door and the refrigerator/coffee bar furniture, as long as no one came in the door while a person was sleeping on the air mattress.

Hi,

I haven't been to WDW since 1994 and have a question both my friend and I need to know. We both have bad knees and will be renting ECV's from a rental company. We are getting an accessible room because of a medical condition I have balance issues and can't step out of a tub with out a lot of bars to hang onto. What I'm asking is where do we leave our ECV's during the night? Will 2 of them fit in an accessible room? Do they have a designated place to put them at the resort? I'm worried they will get stolen if left in a hallway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smickey:

Yes, two ECV's will fit in the room, near the window although it will be a bit tricky getting them in and out. Recommend putting the table bed up to do so.

You will want to put your ECV's in the room overnight and not leave them outside the room.

We had 2 with my parents last trip and although tight we fit them both in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter