Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Definitely not! We will be in the parks most of the time and by the pool if not.
I think you'll be fine as long as you go in knowing it will be a tighter space but lots of storage.

LOL, we've visited Pop 30+ times and rarely stay elsewhere. Earlier this year we stayed at a hotel with friends and the room was HUGE! My daughter looked at me and jokingly said, 'THIS is an option??' ;) We love our stays at Pop and for us the Skyliner was a game changer!

I have read such mixed reviews. If we are flying in and renting a car, will we be charged for parking? I've seen that those flying in and renting a car will not be charged. Wondering if this is true. Would like some confirmation.

I have read such mixed reviews. If we are flying in and renting a car, will we be charged for parking? I've seen that those flying in and renting a car will not be charged. Wondering if this is true. Would like some confirmation.
You will be charged for parking a car at POP. Even if you rent a car.

I normally stay at POR or POFQ but this time I am doing a solo trip. I tried booking POP for Nov. 27 to Dec 7 and it pops up that nothing is available. Is it really that booked? or do they hold back rooms. I really don't want to stay at the all stars or AoA. Any ideas if I can book this time?

I normally stay at POR or POFQ but this time I am doing a solo trip. I tried booking POP for Nov. 27 to Dec 7 and it pops up that nothing is available. Is it really that booked? or do they hold back rooms. I really don't want to stay at the all stars or AoA. Any ideas if I can book this time?
Yes, Pop is extremely busy and it’s possible a length of stay trip for your dates may not be available. I would call and see if a CM can piece together 2 or more smaller sets of dates for your trip. If this ends up being what happens you may need to change rooms but often once you arrive they can arrange for you to stay in the same room.

Yes, Pop is extremely busy and it’s possible a length of stay trip for your dates may not be available. I would call and see if a CM can piece together 2 or more smaller sets of dates for your trip. If this ends up being what happens you may need to change rooms but often once you arrive they can arrange for you to stay in the same room.
Thank you. I figured I might end up calling. Thank God I have long distance Canada to US. lol

Is it more than 499 days out because you can’t book that far out yet online if so

We are looking for Pop arriving 11/30/2022 and nothing is available. Been trying for months.

Yeah I have stayed in value and moderate and I guess the biggest thing is having the second sink, but I’m not sure it’s worth an extra $700 for an extra sink.
We were just there in March, DH and I with our 18yo DD, and it worked well. We would stay there again and add in our 22yo DD if we went back. I do not think it is worth it to pay $700 more for an extra sink. My #1 recommendation for you is to bring another good-sized mirror or any type of mirror if there are at least two of you who apply make-up and style hair. What I found is that the mirrors in the room, at least in ours, were located in the same area of the room: above the sink and on the bathroom door. Well, the bathroom door is right next to the sink, so still hard for two of us to be "right there" in the same spot trying to apply make-up. Many hotel rooms we stay in (not Disney) have mirrors in other areas of the room - above the desk, above the dresser, etc. We stayed somewhere last weekend that had a huge full-length mirror elsewhere in the room and that worked well for all of us. So, my advice is to bring another mirror if you think you will need it for getting ready so you can be up and out in the mornings. Good luck! We are normally Deluxe people, picky about hotels and resorts, we really enjoyed Pop and would stay there again. I loved the vibe at Pop and LOVED our remodeled room - the flooring, beds, coffee/fridge area and overall storage in the room was fantastic! LOVED Skyliner.

Last edited:
Pop regularly fills to capacity 8-10+ months in advance even though there are almost 3000 rooms!! Unfortunately the secret is out that it’s the best value resort for standard sized rooms. It was always busy but the Skyliner has changed everything!!
In the past im talking a few years back (unless something changed) I was planning a trip that was delayed until our new upcoming trip, i have reservations tickets everything right now. But i also booked with RACK RATES. So if a promo comes between now and departure how does one apply it? in the past i remember them saying (CM) you need to cancel your reservation? and then immediately book it again (take your chance you dont lose your unit) If it gets fully booked im curious as to how one would get the promo applied ? or are you stuck just getting rack rates. 8-10 months FULL NO promos would be available for those bookings ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter