Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I’m not 100% sure of post card availability at Pop (assuming they have them) but when I was at WDW in February 2020, I sent a postcard from the Fab Five to the young grandchildren of a friend and took the postcard into Magic Kingdom’s Chamber of Commerce to be postmarked from Main Street USA. So thats a fun thing you might want to consider. In my lifetime of going to WDW, I never knew about this until that trip.
Oh! Thats a great idea!! Thank you!!

Have the rooms gotten Keurig coffee makers yet? If not, has anyone had luck finding the correct coffee for the type of makers they have?

Has anyone changed their reservation dates, if it was somewhere between Jan 22-29? I just found out the Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment then :headache: . That is the whole duration of my trip and the reason why I booked that resort. It sucks that I have to postpone my trip for a week, but at least I have the luxury of doing so, and it does not cost more thankfully. Hope it isnt too busyJan 29- Feb 4. Fingers crossed! 🤞

This exact thing happened to us this past January so like you, we moved our trip out by 1 week. It was worth it to us for the ease of using the Skyliner.

I will say the week we moved it to was pretty busy but that time of year, everything was busier due to people feeling more comfortable travelling in 2022.

The Transportation post on page 1 has been updated to reflect the 2023 Skyliner closing dates of Jan 22-29, 2023 as all 3 lines will be closed and buses running in their place.

This exact thing happened to us this past January so like you, we moved our trip out by 1 week. It was worth it to us for the ease of using the Skyliner.

I will say the week we moved it to was pretty busy but that time of year, everything was busier due to people feeling more comfortable travelling in 2022.

The Transportation post on page 1 has been updated to reflect the 2023 Skyliner closing dates of Jan 22-29, 2023 as all 3 lines will be closed and buses running in their place.
I'm glad to see someone was once in my shoes. It is my first time going to WDW, I plan to get the Genie + for us as well as purchase the "fastpasses" for the rides that allow you to ( I used to have an annual pass to Disneyland Resort, I am a bit stuck in that lingo lol). I am just trying to be grateful for being able to go, rather than throw a fit about a reschedule! :flower:

Hmm, our dates are January 29-Feb 4. Now wondering if we should switch to the week before, maybe it will be less busy? Skyliner isn't that important to us. lol!!
You could but Skyliner resorts are a drop in the bucket of WDW crowds.

We loved the Skyliner for the ease of getting from A to B and used it far more than we thought we would. It was a great help when going to resorts for dining reservations! We’d hop on at Pop and quickly take it to DHS then take a bus to the resort where our ADR was. Opposite for evening dining reservations and returning home to Pop.

The Skyliner was a complete game changer for our family and we’d find it hard to stay at a non-Skyliner resort now!

I'm glad to see someone was once in my shoes. It is my first time going to WDW, I plan to get the Genie + for us as well as purchase the "fastpasses" for the rides that allow you to ( I used to have an annual pass to Disneyland Resort, I am a bit stuck in that lingo lol). I am just trying to be grateful for being able to go, rather than throw a fit about a reschedule! :flower:
FP now equals LL - Lightning Lane.

I hear you about swapping coasts! We’re WDW vets and going to DL for the first time this Friday. We’re in California now and each morning I find myself awake and studying about Disneyland snd our upcoming trip!

I’m sure we’ll both have great trips and it will be fun to experience new parks!!

That's true, I guess I was thinking that perhaps Disney picked this week because they predict it will be super low crowds? Just wondering if it could be the case!
I wouldn’t count in that. Disney no longer has any weeks with ‘super low crowds’. Also, 2023 dates have not been announced yet but Epcot Festival of the Arts normally begins mid-January which draws in the crowds.

If you are looking for lower crowds I’m not sure January is the time. September seems to have somewhat lower crowds but that trade-off is weather.

You’ll have a great visit in January but I would not set my expectations at having super low crowds. Prepare for busy parks and possibly be surprised in 2023 is different from 2022.

FP now equals LL - Lightning Lane.

I hear you about swapping coasts! We’re WDW vets and going to DL for the first time this Friday. We’re in California now and each morning I find myself awake and studying about Disneyland snd our upcoming trip!

I’m sure we’ll both have great trips and it will be fun to experience new parks!!
Have a great time! DL is definitely nostalgic for me, I grew up only 15 min away and could hear the firework booms at night! When I used to have a pass as a teen my mom and I would sometimes go there just to have dinner after school on friday nights, good times.

Just changed our dates for Jan trip from 1/29-2/4 now going 1/31-2/7...I was afraid the skyliner closure might extend a day or 2 beyond what is scheduled....only choosing Pop for this trip because of skyliner.

Has anyone changed their reservation dates, if it was somewhere between Jan 22-29? I just found out the Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment then :headache: . That is the whole duration of my trip and the reason why I booked that resort. It sucks that I have to postpone my trip for a week, but at least I have the luxury of doing so, and it does not cost more thankfully. Hope it isnt too busyJan 29- Feb 4. Fingers crossed! 🤞
Yep just moved our trip up a few days to arrive after skyliner reopens.

I wouldn’t count in that. Disney no longer has any weeks with ‘super low crowds’. Also, 2023 dates have not been announced yet but Epcot Festival of the Arts normally begins mid-January which draws in the crowds.

If you are looking for lower crowds I’m not sure January is the time. September seems to have somewhat lower crowds but that trade-off is weather.

You’ll have a great visit in January but I would not set my expectations at having super low crowds. Prepare for busy parks and possibly be surprised in 2023 is different from 2022.

Good point, it does seem Disney is crowded all the time now. I can handle crowds a lot better when I'm not also sweating to death. haha!

That's true, I guess I was thinking that perhaps Disney picked this week because they predict it will be super low crowds? Just wondering if it could be the case!
I'm guessing it's scheduled for when the Dopplemayr techs can come in to do the yearly inspections/work. I seem to remember that the last time this was done, it actually only took 2 or 3 days to complete the work, not an entire week. Disney probably blocks out an entire week just to be safe.

I'm guessing it's scheduled for when the Dopplemayr techs can come in to do the yearly inspections/work. I seem to remember that the last time this was done, it actually only took 2 or 3 days to complete the work, not an entire week. Disney probably blocks out an entire week just to be safe.
That could be the case but Jan 2022 was only select lines. 2023 is scheduled to be all 3. Hopefully it still takes less time than planned though!

And also January historically is a HUGE month for South American Guests as the schools are out the entire month in both Brazil and Argentina.

I am thinking January 2023 will see the return of Pre-Covid numbers of January South American Guests.

We are going mid-January for the College Cheerleading and Dance Nationals at ESPN WWoS and expecting to hear LOTS of Portuguese and Spanish!lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter