Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I asked a CM why the ice cream machines were no longer in service. She said they were waiting for a part. I'm not sure if that is what they are told to say because I find it hard to believe that this is true. There are 2 machines sitting there. Surely by now Disney could have gotten the new part or ordered new machines. I was speaking with the manager on a non-related issue (floor in the room was buckled from prior flooding) and mentioned to him it would be great to have more dessert options. He agreed and said they have been asking for the return of the ice cream. Sounds silly but I am going to send an email requesting they get that up and running for guests to enjoy.

I did have the Pop Goes Bananas cupcake and it was really yummy. Just let it warm up. Also the Flashback Oatmeal Creme Pie was great...better than the Wookie Cookie in my opinion!

Possibly. You can select an arrival time but this is just a heads up that you will be arriving then. It is not a guarantee your room will be ready.

Check-in is officially 3PM and even that means they will do their best to have you room ready by then but it’s not a guarantee.

If your room is not ready when you arrive, luggage services will care for your luggage if you wish to do something else.
I attempted the online check in but the 2 requests I want to make aren't drop down options and I didn't see anywhere to make a custom request. We want top floor and bath tub. Did I miss somewhere to free text?

We've never done online check in for our previous 3 stays at pop because we always book standard and we weren't really concerned. This trip is just me and my son and he prefers baths and I would like top floor to decrease noise.

I did have the Pop Goes Bananas cupcake and it was really yummy. Just let it warm up. Also the Flashback Oatmeal Creme Pie was great...better than the Wookie Cookie in my opinion!
I tried both of these in September and was very glad I did. In the past, I really haven't enjoyed the cupcakes or other special bakery dessert items at Pop. We shared the oatmeal creme pie for breakfast more than once. I can't wait to have them again at the end of the month.

We are staying for 10 nights soon and I notice Pop still doesn’t not have full mousekeeping. At what point in my 10 nights can I expect/request the bed sheets to be changed ?

I attempted the online check in but the 2 requests I want to make aren't drop down options and I didn't see anywhere to make a custom request. We want top floor and bath tub. Did I miss somewhere to free text?

We've never done online check in for our previous 3 stays at pop because we always book standard and we weren't really concerned. This trip is just me and my son and he prefers baths and I would like top floor to decrease noise.
You can call in those requests. They are not available online.
We are staying for 10 nights soon and I notice Pop still doesn’t not have full mousekeeping. At what point in my 10 nights can I expect/request the bed sheets to be changed ?
You can request clean sheets at any point in your stay. They will be dropped off in your room with clean towels, etc. but you will be responsible to change the bedding yourself. Regardless of the length of stay of your trip, Pop is not currently cleaning rooms while guests are there. Cleaning only happens between guests currently.

There's another post from today that indicates full housekeeping every other day will be back at value resorts starting today. I'll be there in 2 weeks and will confirm if it really is full housekeeping - unless someone else confirms beforehand.

There's another post from today that indicates full housekeeping every other day will be back at value resorts starting today. I'll be there in 2 weeks and will confirm if it really is full housekeeping - unless someone else confirms beforehand.
We are at All-Star Sports and Housekeeping just brought us the flyer and it states FULL housekeeping every other day!

Step in the right direction!

You can request clean sheets at any point in your stay. They will be dropped off in your room with clean towels, etc. but you will be responsible to change the bedding yourself. Regardless of the length of stay of your trip, Pop is not currently cleaning rooms while guests are there. Cleaning only happens between guests currently.
I really don’t like this. I would be happy to pay extra! I hope this is another thing that Bob Iger rethinks!!

WHAT??? If true I’ll be a happy lady😂

Just a reminder that full housekeeping doesn't mean new bedding every time they come in. But I'd guess they'd likely change the sheets every other visit (so every 4 days or so). I don't think you'll need to make the bed with the new sheets unless you need new bedding more frequently.

Does anyone know if there is a big rush at dining right at 7am open? interested in grabbing a quick grab and go prior to skyliner for ETPE and wondering how early I would need to line up for breakfast
On our ten night stay, I was there every morning to fill a couple mugs while my wife was getting ready and there wasn't a huge food crowd tight at opening.

I really don’t like this. I would be happy to pay extra! I hope this is another thing that Bob Iger rethinks!!

Yay!! Yes, it appears full housekeeping is returning to every-other day starting tomorrow. Once we know for sure I will update the posts on page 1 but this source is normally reliable:

https://www.disneydining.com/daily-housekeeping-service-returning-to-select-disney-world-hotels-ks1/

Just a reminder that full housekeeping doesn't mean new bedding every time they come in. But I'd guess they'd likely change the sheets every other visit (so every 4 days or so). I don't think you'll need to make the bed with the new sheets unless you need new bedding more frequently.
Yes, our normal pre-Covid stay was 9 nights and the sheets were normally changed once, mid-stay.

My point is that my travel agent has already called in those requests. I'm curious if I try online check in but put "no requests" if that supercedes what she's already done. I may just send her a message.

My point is that my travel agent has already called in those requests. I'm curious if I try online check in but put "no requests" if that supercedes what she's already done. I may just send her a message.

I've always either had my ta do the request or had to call them in when I booked myself. I leave the requests blank when I do online check in and it's never been an issue over 5 or 6 stays. Only once did I need to go to the desk and see if they had a room in the bldg I wanted and she was able to meet both my requests so I'm guessing the person assigning rooms just didn't see it/didn't care since it's not guranteed.

Just back from 6 nights at Pop. I checked in online and chose 50’s and first floor. We got 80’s 4th floor! Location wasn’t bad, close to the bus stops and by the elevator.

First time staying after the remodel and with the bed pulled down that room is tight! I missed having the table available all the time.

We had our room occupied sign up most days. The day we didn’t they changed out sheets. We asked for extra towels one day and they gave us enough for 6 people.

Loved the ease of the Skyliner especially for riding Remy! Leaving the MK one night the AOA bus queue was practically empty so we hopped on instead of waiting in a long line for the Pop bus.

Pop is nice but the small room would be a deterrent if there was more than two.

Just remember, they’re not guaranteed to be fulfilled.

Oh yes, so much this!! No matter how you make your requests - or what the CM or your TA tells you - they are only requests. Yes, they will do their best to meet at least one (hence why it's best to leave it at one or at least specify which is the most important) of them, but sometimes it's just not possible.

(And sometimes it is for the best! I had a couple of nights at ASMu one summer before a cruise. I'd requested a specific section but didn't get it. I had to go to the desk anyway for something (a birthday button I think) and figured I'd just ask since I hadn't been to the room yet. The CM I spoke with was super nice. She looked and made a call and while she was on the phone said "There are 2 rooms in your requested area...but there is a tour group in the rest of the building." I said thank you, I was fine with my assignment. Turns out it was a family-oriented SATG with all ages, but I was still glad that they opted to put me somewhere else.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter