Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

The ‘Everything Early Theme Park Entry’ thread answers all your questions and more in post 1. It includes detailed information about transportation fir all parks.
I was looking for their personal recent experience. I've read that, but the poster illuded to personal experience which is what I was interested in. If that is for some reason not allowed, please let me know and I can PM them. I just assumed on a message board orhers may like to hear personal experiences as well.

It seems you had a bad room/neighbours. Your last visit was in 2019. Did you encounter the same challenges then?

All room renovations at Pop were completed by Jun of 2018 so it appears you would have stayed in a refurbished room in the past.

We have stayed at Pop many times both pre and post renovations. Many of the sounds you've shared we've heard pre and post renovations but most times they were not bothersome, just 'there' if we listened for them. For us, the time we heard the most was from inconsiderate neighbours pre-refurb who felt 2AM was a great time to yell, jump and bang around their room.

Sadly it appears you had inconsiderate upstairs neighbours which is disappointing for sure! Why people don't consider those around them, I'll never understand.

Did you possibly have a room with a connecting door? Possibly request a room without that in the future? If that isn't possible, others have shared rolling up a towel and laying it on the floor between the connecting rooms helps buffer the sounds.

Sounds can occasionally be heard between rooms but, for us, it's not normally to the point where it affects our stay.

Hope if you choose to return to Pop that your experience is better next time. I would say your experience was not the norm.
Weird on the refurb. We definitely did not have a Murphy Bed room in 2019. This was our first time with one. We usually stayed at Pop Century every year, never had noise issues like this. No trip in 2020. In 2021 & 2022 we stayed on DVC points so this is our first time back to Pop since.
I do hope it was a one time thing, as we love Pop so much. But it was definitely more than one neighbor as the noises went on for at least 2 hours. No connecting door but we were near the center of the building. I expected a little outside noise from people walking by, being near the nexus point but the toilet flushing and door slamming was surprising and by far the worst.
Perhaps we'll give them another try next year. We alternate fall and winter and this should have been the "quiet" trip but we'll see!

Weird on the refurb. We definitely did not have a Murphy Bed room in 2019. This was our first time with one. We usually stayed at Pop Century every year, never had noise issues like this. No trip in 2020. In 2021 & 2022 we stayed on DVC points so this is our first time back to Pop since.
I do hope it was a one time thing, as we love Pop so much. But it was definitely more than one neighbor as the noises went on for at least 2 hours. No connecting door but we were near the center of the building. I expected a little outside noise from people walking by, being near the nexus point but the toilet flushing and door slamming was surprising and by far the worst.
Perhaps we'll give them another try next year. We alternate fall and winter and this should have been the "quiet" trip but we'll see!
Is there a possibly had a king room last visit when you stayed in to 60’s section? My friend and I carefully tracked all the Pop room renovations in the second post of this thread.

Is there a possibly had a king room last visit when you stayed in to 60’s section? My friend and I carefully tracked all the Pop room renovations in the second post of this thread.
Nope, we had 3 adults. Definitely a double queen room in the 60s section. Been too long for me to remember the room number. I'll have to look and see if I took any room pics that trip...
EDIT:
Annnnnd I'm an idiot. We didn't stay at Pop that trip. 🤦‍♀️ I completely forgot we had to reschedule that trip from 1st week of November 2019 to first week of January 2020. And when we rescheduled, Pop was full and we had to switch to All-Star Sports.
So my last Pop Century stay would have been February 2018, before the refurbs were finished. Doesn't really change my situation with the noise being so much worse, as it's still the first time back since the refurb, just been longer than I thought.

Last edited:

Nope, we had 3 adults. Definitely a double queen room in the 60s section. Been too long for me to remember the room number. I'll have to look and see if I took any room pics that trip...
EDIT:
Annnnnd I'm an idiot. We didn't stay at Pop that trip. 🤦‍♀️ I completely forgot we had to reschedule that trip from 1st week of November 2019 to first week of January 2020. And when we rescheduled, Pop was full and we had to switch to All-Star Sports.
So my last Pop Century stay would have been February 2018, before the refurbs were finished. Doesn't really change my situation with the noise being so much worse, as it's still the first time back since the refurb, just been longer than I thought.
Ah! Mystery solved!!

I would recommend reading pages towards the end of the thread linked above to see other’s experiences. It will give you a better idea if what you experienced is the norm or more rare.

We don’t find it noisy but also live in a city with attached neighbours. We’re very used to sounds from other units so just block them out as they’re part of day to day life for us at home and on vacation. If you don’t have any external sounds entering your home then there is potential for Pop to seem loud for you for sure as some of the sounds you shared are common. Eg toilet flushing is a sound you hear is most/all rooms at Pop.

Can you tell me more about rope dropping the skyliner? What time do you feel you should've been in line to be one of the firsts?
For our HS day we arrived at Skyliner around 6:50. There were probably 50 people in line. We boarded right at 7, arrived to HS turnstiles at 7:20. It was perfect.

For Epcot we were a bit slower in the morning. Didn’t get to Skyliner until 7:30. Line was wrapped around the lake to the 50s section, but went pretty quick. We waited about 15 minutes, then another 5 or so at Caribbean. Arrived at Epcot at 8:20.

Also strangely enough on Saturday there was 0 wait at 7am. So we took it to Riviera for breakfast.

For our HS day we arrived at Skyliner around 6:50. There were probably 50 people in line. We boarded right at 7, arrived to HS turnstiles at 7:20. It was perfect.

For Epcot we were a bit slower in the morning. Didn’t get to Skyliner until 7:30. Line was wrapped around the lake to the 50s section, but went pretty quick. We waited about 15 minutes, then another 5 or so at Caribbean. Arrived at Epcot at 8:20.

Also strangely enough on Saturday there was 0 wait at 7am. So we took it to Riviera for breakfast.
Thank you for sharing!

Just got to Pop. Is the resort channel somewhere? I think I heard ppl talk about it, but I can't remember and we were bummed not to have it while we unpcked tonight. - Did Pop get rid of it?

Also...food court has soft serve ice cream (vanilla, twist, chocolate) and they're making sundaes. Not as good as the old days and not Dole Whips, but it's something.

Just got to Pop. Is the resort channel somewhere? I think I heard ppl talk about it, but I can't remember and we were bummed not to have it while we unpcked tonight. - Did Pop get rid of it?

Also...food court has soft serve ice cream (vanilla, twist, chocolate) and they're making sundaes. Not as good as the old days and not Dole Whips, but it's something.

When you get a chance, could you post the current pool hours? Thanks!

We are planning on renting a car for a couple of days here and there, and brining our own car seats for the kids. They are quite big and bulky, so will Bell Services be able to store them when we are not using them?

We are planning on renting a car for a couple of days here and there, and brining our own car seats for the kids. They are quite big and bulky, so will Bell Services be able to store them when we are not using them?
I could be wrong but I don’t believe luggage services is set up to store luggage long term/for length of stay. You could ask but if they’re unable to, there are options within your room.

There are places within a Pop room where items such as car seats may be stored. It it’s not much wider than an ironing board, you could possibly fit 1 in the sink area, near the ironing board and they on either side of the dresser or in front of the window. I would recommend watching the video on the first page, purely with the thought of looking for storage options.

Nope. It's still there.
Can you tell me more about rope dropping the skyliner? What time do you feel you should've been in line to be one of the firsts?
To be one of the first in line (top 20 or so) you need to get to the Skyliner close to 6:30. 6:15 or so on busy days.

When you get a chance, could you post the current pool hours? Thanks!
Meant to post yesterday but pool hours are 10-10.

Also, FYI Pop seems to have a lot of food items that they sell but you can't mobile order. I haven't run into that at other resorts but it's a decent amount here which is kinda a pain, but glad they have more than just whats showing on the mobile order.

Nope. It's still there.

To be one of the first in line (top 20 or so) you need to get to the Skyliner close to 6:30. 6:15 or so on busy days.
Do you happen to know the channel? We have like a Pop "resort channel" but not the traditional one that rotates through the park hrs, weather, and has Disney music playing.

Just for others info. We got in line for the skyliner at 620 this morning (Sat. of Presidents day weekend, with DHS opening at 8 and Epcot 830 for resort guests) and were 2nd in line. Unfortunately for us they were about to load the first party when they had an issue and ended up having about a 20 min. delay for rope drop.

Meant to post yesterday but pool hours are 10-10.

Also, FYI Pop seems to have a lot of food items that they sell but you can't mobile order. I haven't run into that at other resorts but it's a decent amount here which is kinda a pain, but glad they have more than just whats showing on the mobile order.
We found this at ASMu when we were there last August, as well.

Do you happen to know the channel? We have like a Pop "resort channel" but not the traditional one that rotates through the park hrs, weather, and has Disney music playing.

Just for others info. We got in line for the skyliner at 620 this morning (Sat. of Presidents day weekend, with DHS opening at 8 and Epcot 830 for resort guests) and were 2nd in line. Unfortunately for us they were about to load the first party when they had an issue and ended up having about a 20 min. delay for rope drop.
second in line at ROTR?? thats great!

Just leaving a 3-night stay on a VERY crowded presidents weekend trip (which we knew it would be going in). Pop is doing a really great job managing crowds and never felt nuts except in morning dining room, but mobile order saved the day. All cast members were wonderful.

Maybe I’ve missed it: but can we talk about how horrible it is to constantly bang your leg on the Murphy bed’s wooden sharp corners when it’s down? No matter how hard you try? I really wish they’d do something to pad these somehow. It can’t just be us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter