Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Just leaving a 3-night stay on a VERY crowded presidents weekend trip (which we knew it would be going in). Pop is doing a really great job managing crowds and never felt nuts except in morning dining room, but mobile order saved the day. All cast members were wonderful.

Maybe I’ve missed it: but can we talk about how horrible it is to constantly bang your leg on the Murphy bed’s wooden sharp corners when it’s down? No matter how hard you try? I really wish they’d do something to pad these somehow. It can’t just be us.
Is it a different edge for the free standing queen?

Maybe I’ve missed it: but can we talk about how horrible it is to constantly bang your leg on the Murphy bed’s wooden sharp corners when it’s down? No matter how hard you try? I really wish they’d do something to pad these somehow. It can’t just be us.
YES.
I'm grateful for the Murphy Bed so we can have a little space during the day but man when that freaking thing is down. I must have hit my legs on it a dozen times a day. I'm sure I looked like some sort of abuse victim by the end of our 3 days there. The regular queen I only banged my legs into once or twice a day. LOL The platform beds can be tricksy if you aren't paying attention, with their corners sticking out a little further than the mattress. But man those Murphy Beds....

YES.
I'm grateful for the Murphy Bed so we can have a little space during the day but man when that freaking thing is down. I must have hit my legs on it a dozen times a day. I'm sure I looked like some sort of abuse victim by the end of our 3 days there. The regular queen I only banged my legs into once or twice a day. LOL The platform beds can be tricksy if you aren't paying attention, with their corners sticking out a little further than the mattress. But man those Murphy Beds....

OMG legit I thought I fractured my leg on our last day. We had a crib in our room as well so there really was no walking space. I was holding our 1 year old and hit the corner so hard that I threw him on the bed. If the bed wasn't there he would've been...ya. Below my knee was swollen for a good 48 hours after that.

But anyway. Pop is great! LOL

Is it a different edge for the free standing queen?
yes! The murphy bed edges extend further out than the queen bed AND they're sharp, not rounded, like the queen ones. We literally have bruises and had to stuff sweatshirts on them to avoid breaking our legs when down in the evenings/early mornings.

Just leaving a 3-night stay on a VERY crowded presidents weekend trip (which we knew it would be going in). Pop is doing a really great job managing crowds and never felt nuts except in morning dining room, but mobile order saved the day. All cast members were wonderful.

trust me, its not just you

Thank you!
No problem and just for those who care; I'm almost positive Pop no longer has the typical resort tv channel with the Disney music. I've been missing the regular one with the music that rotates between all the park hrs and weather. Pop instead now has a channel that plays the same 20 second clip of "pop" music that plays over and over and that does not rotate through the hrs or hrly weather. Disappointing for us. I asked a cm and they said the new pop one was their new one. Just as an fyi.

Also for anyone who cares an hour and 40 mins. prior to early entry was not early enough for the MK bus stop today. It took 4 buses to get on. Very busy day at MK it seems.

No problem and just for those who care; I'm almost positive Pop no longer has the typical resort tv channel with the Disney music. I've been missing the regular one with the music that rotates between all the park hrs and weather. Pop instead now has a channel that plays the same 20 second clip of "pop" music that plays over and over and that does not rotate through the hrs or hrly weather. Disappointing for us. I asked a cm and they said the new pop one was their new one. Just as an fyi.

Also for anyone who cares an hour and 40 mins. prior to early entry was not early enough for the MK bus stop today. It took 4 buses to get on. Very busy day at MK it seems.

Not to rub it in your face or anything...

We went on the CM party day few weeks ago when hours were only 8-4:30 (7:30 early entry). We showed up to the bus stop at 6:40. There were like 10 people in line! Crazy difference!

Not to rub it in your face or anything...

We went on the CM party day few weeks ago when hours were only 8-4:30 (7:30 early entry). We showed up to the bus stop at 6:40. There were like 10 people in line! Crazy difference!
Yes that's what we're used to too. As soon as we walked out of the room I could tell we were behind the crowd. Usually we see a few families, but. the lobby looked like an airport terminal at 640 this morning lol.

I miss the old channel! We kept that on our entire stay. Loved the way it cycled through the parks info and played that all too familiar soundtrack. At Movies it was the same repeat of a Toy Story song and even more annoying was All Star Music's jazz clip they played on repeat.

We are visiting at the end of March and I'm starting to worry about using the skyliner. Early entry for some days is 7:30. The thought of being up, dressed, fed, and in line at 6 am just doesn't sound doable with two teens.

Please reassure me before I start to lose my mind. LOL

We are visiting at the end of March and I'm starting to worry about using the skyliner. Early entry for some days is 7:30. The thought of being up, dressed, fed, and in line at 6 am just doesn't sound doable with two teens.

Please reassure me before I start to lose my mind. LOL
You don't have to be there at 6:00 unless you want to be towards the front of the crowd. You can arrive at anytime you wish, it will just affect your travel time and when you enter the park.

Yeah, I understand that. We like to get all the big rides out of the way in the morning so we aren't in long lines first thing. We have been staying at Boardwalk the past 5 years (minus covid year), so dealing with the skyliner is stressing me out. The last time we stayed at POP was pre-skyliner, so just anxious I guess.

Just wanting to set expectations so there are no surprises, they function (the teens) better that way.

Thanks for the great thread!

Also, there's a certain amount of leeway the earlier the park opening is, the less people there are who want to be in line at that crazy hour. IF you can get them up for a 6AM lineup the first day, you might be able to gauge crowds from there. Just a thought as I completely agree that 6AM is a crazy time to line up!

That's a great idea. I think if I sell it as, we need to get there to see how crowded it is, then we can plan accordingly. It will be way easier than, we are going to be in line at 6 (on our MK days).

Thanks for letting me talk it out. Sometimes it's just so much easier to bounce ideas back and forth.

That's a great idea. I think if I sell it as, we need to get there to see how crowded it is, then we can plan accordingly. It will be way easier than, we are going to be in line at 6 (on our MK days).

Thanks for letting me talk it out. Sometimes it's just so much easier to bounce ideas back and forth.
Happy to help!

Also, if you’re helping set expectations, transportation will not be running 90 mins before ETPE but, lines are normally extensive by the time the buses start rolling, and you’ll be at the front of those lines.

It's 60 min, right? So we could go grab breakfast, if it's open, and eat in line?
Sorry 60 mins?

The rule of thumb to be towards the front of the ETPE crowds is to arrive at resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins. Occasionally some report having success less than 90 mins but that’s not the norm.

Depending on which park you’re going to and what time it opens, you may or may not be able to pick up food. Pop food court normally opens at 7AM.

You can eat in line but eating and drinking on Disney transportation is discouraged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter