Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We have taken a kettle to Disney for many years, as we do not drink coffee only tea and housekeeping haven't ever highlighted this to us or told us we cannot use it. Why would that item be more risky than me plugging in my hair straighteners or hairdryer, both of which I bring.
From the Disney website,

'For safety requirements, Guests should avoid bringing their own personal appliances such as toasters, microwaves, crock pots, electric coolers, hot plates, camping stoves, etc. inside Disney Resort hotels.'

Does each section of Pop have its own "screen saver" on the TVs? I was in the 80s section recently and it was delightful. It was totally 80s and showed only that style of building. Had a lot of character and a fun little beat. Made up for the loss of the soothing blue parks hours loop.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Many reliable sources are reporting that BounceBack (BB) (aka Future Stay) offers are returning next week! New this time is that it seems you may be eligible to book a BB offer up to 7 days from your checkout date.

In a nutshell, a BB offer is a special offer given to guests currently staying at a Disney Resort to book their next vacation while still there and now, shortly after they leave. These are for select dates and the offers differ depending on when you are at WDW.

Additional details will be posted as they become available.

Our family motto is, 'It's always easiest to leave Disney with our next trip already on the calendar!'

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Many reliable sources are reporting that BounceBack (BB) (aka Future Stay) offers are returning next week! New this time is that it seems you may be eligible to book a BB offer up to 7 days from your checkout date.

In a nutshell, a BB offer is a special offer given to guests currently staying at a Disney Resort to book their next vacation while still there and now, shortly after they leave. These are for select dates and the offers differ depending on when you are at WDW.

Additional details will be posted as they become available.

Our family motto is, 'It's always easiest to leave Disney with our next trip already on the calendar!'

Saw somewhere they will email it to guests that are currently there over the 5th on checkout day and then place it in rooms for people checking in at that time or later. So I will be there and get the email on the 8th. We hope to go back in December next year ap crossing fingers for an offer

Saw somewhere they will email it to guests that are currently there over the 5th on checkout day and then place it in rooms for people checking in at that time or later. So I will be there and get the email on the 8th. We hope to go back in December next year ap crossing fingers for an offer
Hope the dates work for you Dec 2024 trip!! Our family stayed for 10 years in a row with free dining BB offers in Aug.

We have already booked our December 2024 trip at Pop -- but we are going this year in September and staying at AOA.

Do you know if we can apply a bounceback offer to an existing reservation or will we need to book a new reservation and then cancel our existing one? That's not a big deal, but curious to know the answer!

Hope the dates work for you Dec 2024 trip!! Our family stayed for 10 years in a row with free dining BB offers in Aug.

I hope they bring back the free dining BB offers. Looks like it's only straight discounts right now. If we stay AoA or Pop we can possibly save more money with free dining since Values are currently listed as a 25% discount. Though with the price increase on rooms, maybe the 25% will be the better option.

Bounce Back Offer
(just one of many bloggers/sites reporting)

I hope they bring back the free dining BB offers. Looks like it's only straight discounts right now. If we stay AoA or Pop we can possibly save more money with free dining since Values are currently listed as a 25% discount. Though with the price increase on rooms, maybe the 25% will be the better option.

Bounce Back Offer
(just one of many bloggers/sites reporting)
Darn we just got back from Disney Tuesday night and would have loved to have been able to book a bounce back trip🤨

Thank you - actually staying at AoA but knowing that it is a simple walk over a bridge to get some is priceless.
I would anticipate all Disney resorts carry it. It may not always be on the shelf but if not be sure to ask at either the food court or store. Distilled water is normally carried due to the number of guests with CPAP machines who require distilled water.

I joined a FB group for Pop and have seen pictures of people decorating windows. Some of them are "winning" a prize ribbon from housekeeping. I didn't realize that this was a thing. How many people actually decorate? This is my 1st stay in a Value Resort.

I joined a FB group for Pop and have seen pictures of people decorating windows. Some of them are "winning" a prize ribbon from housekeeping. I didn't realize that this was a thing. How many people actually decorate? This is my 1st stay in a Value Resort.
You will definitely see decorated windows but it is a small percentage of people that do it. Definitely more decorate for holidays.

I haven’t seen awards but possibly this is something new?

We decorate our window some trips but not always. It is fun though both to do and to see other people’s decorations!

You will see tons of windows decorated during Holidays and during Cheer/Dance/Sports team events.

Other times you may see a sprinkling of 1st Visit/Birthday,etc. windows.

The Ribbon is definitely new-nice touch by Housekeeping.Hopefully the All-Stars will start doing it as well.

From the Disney website,

'For safety requirements, Guests should avoid bringing their own personal appliances such as toasters, microwaves, crock pots, electric coolers, hot plates, camping stoves, etc. inside Disney Resort hotels.'
As someone whose job it is to interpret laws and regulations in my job every day, I have to say that Disney wrote that incredibly vague. I would actually interpret that as making a suggestion and not prohibiting it.

As someone whose job it is to interpret laws and regulations in my job every day, I have to say that Disney wrote that incredibly vague. I would actually interpret that as making a suggestion and not prohibiting it.
I'm not disagreeing, just saying in the past we've always been told guests are not allowed to bring personal small appliances for use in their rooms. This was a question that was raised over and over and over again when the food court did not have kettles, toasters or microwaves available for guests to use after pandemic re-openings.

It may be vague but the understanding is that the electrical system within the rooms was not created to support the use of personal appliances and the risk of fire increases.

From 7AM - 11PM all of these items are available for guests to use in the food court.

The ribbons from housekeeping are random pixie dust for decorating windows. It’s very cute seeing the windows when you walk around the resort. Not many people do though.

Hi, all! We’re staying at Pop for 10 days in August. 🎉 (Yes I know it’s surface of the sun hot-been there done that) We’ve been to Pop a few times and love it but I have a couple questions:
1. We were just at Caribbean Beach and noticed the AC struggled to keep up a bit. How is Pop’s AC in the summer?
2. We have the worst luck with room placement at Disney resorts. We always seem to be placed the furthest away from the main areas of the resort. Unfortunately preferred rooms are sold out on our dates. Any particularly better-than-most standard view buildings I can request? If preferred rooms pop up (pun intended) before we go I’ll definitely book one but they’re out for now.

We find the AC in our room keeps up very well and travel regularly in August.

Good Buildings to request are 3, 4, 5 and 6 but these are also the most popular so many request those locations. Pop is not a huge resort so fir our family, all buildings work except 2, 7 and 8. We choose to avoid those but others like them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter