Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Because I cannot control myself when it comes to Disney vacations, I currently have a 3 reservation trip coming up at Pop. I started with a package using the Disney+ subscriber discount. I have have since tacked on two one-night stays on either end of that reservation, since I was unable to simply extend the existing trip haha

I know it's not a guarantee of course, but what would my best course of action be to try and stay in the same room throughout all three reservations, and not have to switch rooms several times? If I go to the desk when we get there, can they make a note or something?
I would call Disney Reservations (or chat via the website), give them all three confirmation numbers, and ask that a "continuing stay" notation be placed on all three reservations. Then when I arrived to check in for the first one, I'd visit the front desk and ask whether I had been assigned to stay in the same room. If so, wonderful, and if not, that's the best time for them to fix it. It saves housekeeping costs, so Disney would like to keep you in the same room just as much as you want to stay there!

Because I cannot control myself when it comes to Disney vacations, I currently have a 3 reservation trip coming up at Pop. I started with a package using the Disney+ subscriber discount. I have have since tacked on two one-night stays on either end of that reservation, since I was unable to simply extend the existing trip haha

I know it's not a guarantee of course, but what would my best course of action be to try and stay in the same room throughout all three reservations, and not have to switch rooms several times? If I go to the desk when we get there, can they make a note or something?
I always have split stays at POP because we stay longer than 14 days and I have never had to switch rooms. I always go straight to the desk to check in and ask that we can stay in same room and that we have a non connecting room because we once had a bad experience with a connecting room. I always ask nicely and let them know that if they have to move us we have no problems waiting for a room. Every time my request has been granted. I have done this our last 8 stays.

Editing to add that I always have days before and after our long 14 night stay like you have on either end of yours too.

can anyone remember what breakfast condiments there are? Single serving peanut butter? Honey?

Also I will be heading there next week if there is anything yall want me to check out!

can anyone remember what breakfast condiments there are? Single serving peanut butter? Honey?

Also I will be heading there next week if there is anything yall want me to check out!

Unless something has changed in the past two years, there's grape jam and strawberry jam, but no peanut butter. I pack our own peanut butter.

I would call Disney Reservations (or chat via the website), give them all three confirmation numbers, and ask that a "continuing stay" notation be placed on all three reservations. Then when I arrived to check in for the first one, I'd visit the front desk and ask whether I had been assigned to stay in the same room. If so, wonderful, and if not, that's the best time for them to fix it. It saves housekeeping costs, so Disney would like to keep you in the same room just as much as you want to stay there!
I always have split stays at POP because we stay longer than 14 days and I have never had to switch rooms. I always go straight to the desk to check in and ask that we can stay in same room and that we have a non connecting room because we once had a bad experience with a connecting room. I always ask nicely and let them know that if they have to move us we have no problems waiting for a room. Every time my request has been granted. I have done this our last 8 stays.

Editing to add that I always have days before and after our long 14 night stay like you have on either end of yours too.

Thanks to you both! I'll definitely give these methods a try. Fingers crossed!

The peanut butter seems hit or miss. There are days we've seen it out and the. next day not...odd.

We have been there when there was no peanut butter out and my husband just asked and the CM went and got him some for his bagel.

Hi All. Recently returned from another great 8 night stay at Pop. Room and room location were great. Housekeeping was excellent. All cast members were friendly and helpful. Love the skyliner and weather was great used it twice every day with no weather or maintenance issues. Yay. On October 30th a flyer was left in our room letting us know of all the Halloween activities and they had quite a few of them. Also when we were there they gave us ample notice of a power outage that would take place in the early morning hours one night. We only experienced a 40 minute outage and my husband slept right through it. Although we thankfully didn't need it the flyer they left in our room did tell anyone with health issue concerns to go to the front desk for assistance. My husband and I may be in the minority and although we have enjoyed the other resorts we have stayed in we love Pop the best. We enjoy the hustle and bustle food court atmosphere and except for the occasional door slamming and toilet flushing we haven't had any noise issues. And we stay at Pop mostly all the time. If you are still reading this thanks. Just wanted to share our experience of another great stay at Pop Century. Oh and of course I booked our Pop bounce back for 2024.

Our family is a giant POP fan also, 4 out of the last 5 trips:) Those sounds rarely bother us but if you just close your bathroom door it pretty much eliminates the other bathroom sounds. Our family likes to have some sort of sound and some light in our room, sound machine etc. We are definitely not a family that needs our room totally quiet and dark and that has really helped us when staying at hotels.

Last edited:
Hello! I realise this has been asked many times before, but what is the best, most up to date way to request a room? I have checked in online and made the request, also went on the chat and requested the same. Any other tips? We won't arrive to the resort until about 7pm so getting early to request is out of the question.
TIA!

This question is for those who bring a fan to use for noise reduction...
Do you use a box fan or a desktop style (aka Vornado Flippi) fan? I'm driving down so no issues with size.

1700563458049.pngOR 1700563015445.png

Hello! I realise this has been asked many times before, but what is the best, most up to date way to request a room? I have checked in online and made the request, also went on the chat and requested the same. Any other tips? We won't arrive to the resort until about 7pm so getting early to request is out of the question.
TIA!
You can call if you wish and possibly request a room through Touring Plans.

Reality is that Pop runs at/near capacity so not everyone gets the location they wish.

I had a similar scenario to yours in Aug. We arrived at Pop around 8PM and were assigned a room location that wouldn’t work well for us. I went to the front desk on our way in to request a different room.

They were not able to move me that night but offered to move us the next day. Not ideal but I was happy to work with them and was very happy with our second room location. It was worth the wait for sure!

That’s the best I can recommend should you be assigned a room location you are not happy with. The later in the day you arrive, the higher the possibility to be assigned a less desirable location as all day guests have requested moves so those with late arrivals get what is left.

Hope this helps.

I always request a non-connecting room but when we do get a connecting room I place a rolled up towel along bottom of connecting door and it does help some to cut down on noise from next room.

I always request a non-connecting room but when we do get a connecting room I place a rolled up towel along bottom of connecting door and it does help some to cut down on noise from next room.

This is exactly what we do and it does work very well (last couple of times I was lucky and got a room without a connecting door. That always makes me happy lol

We just got back a couple weeks ago and unfortunately had a connecting door. Our neighbors were horrible. Had it not been for our other family members that were in the next 2 rooms the other direction I would have asked to be moved. I put a towel and also a pillow at the bottom of the door but it barely helped. Every night when they got back to the room the husband would start yelling, then the wife would yell at him to be quiet, then the kid would start crying which lasted for hours. We were there for 9 nights and they finally checked out after 7 nights. Ugh! We have stayed at Pop several times and have never experienced something like this before. I would definitely request a non connecting room in the future.

You can call if you wish and possibly request a room through Touring Plans.

Reality is that Pop runs at/near capacity so not everyone gets the location they wish.

I had a similar scenario to yours in Aug. We arrived at Pop around 8PM and were assigned a room location that wouldn’t work well for us. I went to the front desk on our way in to request a different room.

They were not able to move me that night but offered to move us the next day. Not ideal but I was happy to work with them and was very happy with our second room location. It was worth the wait for sure!

That’s the best I can recommend should you be assigned a room location you are not happy with. The later in the day you arrive, the higher the possibility to be assigned a less desirable location as all day guests have requested moves so those with late arrivals get what is left.

Hope this helps.
I don’t think I’ll use Touring Plans again even though last year we did get the location we wanted just not the floor. I used them this year too. I requested 50’s building 3 overlooking the lake and we got building 1 instead right by the parking lot/laundry cart hub. Had it not been for the fact there were 7 of us and 3 rooms I would have asked for a different room. I think I’ll save my money from now on and skip Touring Plans.

We just got back a couple weeks ago and unfortunately had a connecting door. Our neighbors were horrible. Had it not been for our other family members that were in the next 2 rooms the other direction I would have asked to be moved. I put a towel and also a pillow at the bottom of the door but it barely helped. Every night when they got back to the room the husband would start yelling, then the wife would yell at him to be quiet, then the kid would start crying which lasted for hours. We were there for 9 nights and they finally checked out after 7 nights. Ugh! We have stayed at Pop several times and have never experienced something like this before. I would definitely request a non connecting room in the future.
Oh how this post brings back not so good memories with my first stay at Pop many years ago. Although similar I didn't have as many nights to endure. I thankfully with all my many stays at Pop since then have always gotten a non connecting room. That is my first room request and I always go and check in at the front desk to make sure my room is non connecting. I may have to wait longer for a room sometimes hours but it is worth it. I also make sure I can arrive by 3 pm. I know I may be just lucky all these times and hope it continues 🙏 🤞 I will say this thread has been so helpful .I also forgot in my previous post to give a big thank you to @scrappinginontario for all her time and work to make this the best thread on these boards. Because of her information I know exactly which rooms are non connecting so I am always prepared to ask for a room change if necessary. My recent stay was again great and hoping for many more.

Oh how this post brings back not so good memories with my first stay at Pop many years ago. Although similar I didn't have as many nights to endure. I thankfully with all my many stays at Pop since then have always gotten a non connecting room. That is my first room request and I always go and check in at the front desk to make sure my room is non connecting. I may have to wait longer for a room sometimes hours but it is worth it. I also make sure I can arrive by 3 pm. I know I may be just lucky all these times and hope it continues 🙏 🤞 I will say this thread has been so helpful .I also forgot in my previous post to give a big thank you to @scrappinginontario for all her time and work to make this the best thread on these boards. Because of her information I know exactly which rooms are non connecting so I am always prepared to ask for a room change if necessary. My recent stay was again great and hoping for many more.
Awe, thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your kind words!!

I love Pop and want others to have a great experience there too so do my best to keep it current. It's also a bit thank you to everyone here who posts updates so that together we can help others.

You can Uber to a resort you aren't staying at for an ADR, correct? I get into Pop Century super late and would like to sleep in as much as possible before my lunch ADR at the Contemporary. Would prefer to avoid the bus/monorail route and just Uber directly there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter