Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

You can Uber to a resort you aren't staying at for an ADR, correct? I get into Pop Century super late and would like to sleep in as much as possible before my lunch ADR at the Contemporary. Would prefer to avoid the bus/monorail route and just Uber directly there.
You should be able to if you have an ADR.

Another option we found worked very well was to take the Skyliner to DHS and then bus to Contemporary. Not as direct as Uber but fairly efficient and free!

That does sound like a good alternative. Thanks!
We used it when we had a late breakfast at Steakhouse 71 and it was so easy. Full credit goes to my daughter who was 12 at the time. I was planning your bus/monorail option when she suggested Skyliner/bus and it was a winner! Taking the Skyliner to DHS and then a bus from there has opened a world of dining options for us!

So agree with @scrappinginontario.When staying at Pop the skyliner to DHS then bus to whatever resort you want is great. My husband and I do no parks resort hopping vacations all the time and doing this has been a game changer for our trips. Yeah I know no parks but it's the only way my non Disney loving husband will come with me. But that's ok. I have found a new way to enjoy and love my Disney vacations. All good. Love Love the skyliner.

Does anyone know or can look if there is an outlet near the window? I want to decorate our window in a couple of weeks and am not sure if I can bring plug in lights or if I need to stick to battery ones.
Thank you!

Does anyone know or can look if there is an outlet near the window? I want to decorate our window in a couple of weeks and am not sure if I can bring plug in lights or if I need to stick to battery ones.
Thank you!
No, I know for sure there is not an outlet near the windows. Most people take battery powered lights. You could use an extension cord but even that is not close. Coffee station would be closest I believe.

ALOT of groups of young boys have suddenly appeared at Pop today. Not a bad thing (so far).

Checked out on Saturday. I enjoyed my first stay at Pop. We ended up in Bldg 7 (7124). Originally they assigned Bldg 2 (4th floor), but I wanted a Shower-only bathroom. They quickly accommodated us and I actually got what a REALLY wanted - Ground Floor room, No Tub (Shower Only), Non-connecting room, and on the corner. The breakfasts were good, but they did have a tendency to get cold quickly.

Instead of the Hustle, they danced around the Christmas tree in the lobby when "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" came on. I didn't get to take part in any of the activities, since I was in the Parks every day nearly all day. Well... almost everyday. My HS day got interrupted by a migraine attack triggered by MF-SR around lunchtime. I made my way back to the resort and spent the rest of the day in bed. The room was quiet and I was able to recover.

I contacted my Dreams agent and have put down a deposit using the Bounceback offer for a birthday trip in April. Booked a preferred room this time at a savings of about $300.

We are going to be flying and checking into Pop Century on NYE (12/31). Our park passes don’t start until the next day.

Do you think there will be much in the way of NYE activities at the resort? We have young kids (5 and 8), so just looking for something low-key while we settle in. Even a “campfire” or “movie” is probably fine. I imagine they will be tired from traveling anyway. Flight gets in around 630.

The more I talk about it…the more I think we just feed them and get to bed. lol

Thanks for mentioning
Rockin around the Christmas Tree for POP holiday fun!
I have 2 day trip planned SOON so I really needed to know this !
I always love all the guests decorating their window too .

And the resort TV channel replays Happily Ever After Fireworks at night .
How happy does watchin fireworks in your pajamas make ya?

We are going to be flying and checking into Pop Century on NYE (12/31). Our park passes don’t start until the next day.

Do you think there will be much in the way of NYE activities at the resort? We have young kids (5 and 8), so just looking for something low-key while we settle in. Even a “campfire” or “movie” is probably fine. I imagine they will be tired from traveling anyway. Flight gets in around 630.

The more I talk about it…the more I think we just feed them and get to bed. lol
Here was their itinerary from last new years eve.

1702575129425.png

This is so random, but does anyone know if they sell saltine crackers in the Everything Pop store? Or does anyone have recent photos of the food items available in the store. Thanks!

This is so random, but does anyone know if they sell saltine crackers in the Everything Pop store? Or does anyone have recent photos of the food items available in the store. Thanks!
I know they used to. It was like 3/4 of a regular sleeve in a cracker box. This was a number of years ago though, so hopefully someone who's been recently can chime in.

Need to leave Pop for a 7:30 breakfast ADR at Cape May, what time do the Skyliners start running? We have a toddler in tow, and will not have a carseat.....are their any bus options to take if Skyliners are not operating at that early time?

Need to leave Pop for a 7:30 breakfast ADR at Cape May, what time do the Skyliners start running? We have a toddler in tow, and will not have a carseat.....are their any bus options to take if Skyliners are not operating at that early time?
What time do Epcot and DHS open that morning? The Skyliner should start running an hour before ETPE for the earliest of those 2 parks. Other than that there really isn't another Disney transportation option unless you use a Minnie Van.

What time do Epcot and DHS open that morning? The Skyliner should start running an hour before ETPE for the earliest of those 2 parks. Other than that there really isn't another Disney transportation option unless you use a Minnie Van.
i think Early Entry for those parks is at 8:30, so Skyliner will not be an option. Shoot.......Do the Minnie Vans offer car seats? We have a toddler with us and are not flying with hers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter