Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Sadly, upon googling, all the info I found was that they are allowed AND no rubber pants over them are required. In the pools and the water parks.

DISGUSTING.
Makes my drink spilling pretty inconsequential doesn't it.... ha ha ha:rotfl2:

Sadly, upon googling, all the info I found was that they are allowed AND no rubber pants over them are required. In the pools and the water parks.

DISGUSTING.
Disgusting indeed. I'd love to see a link to this Google search.

I’m pretty sure swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Kids can be in the splash area with them, but it is against health code to wear them in a pool anywhere I have ever heard of.

And if they are? That just reinforces my avoidance of the pools. Those “diapers” only contain the actual solid stuff - NOT the liquid or the bacteria.

Edit... Upon googling, apparently Disney bucks all public pool health regulations and not only allows them, but allows them without rubber pants over them (the way some places allow them). GROSS!
Huh. Every single pool facility I have EVER been to, has very clear signage that, for babies and incontinent swimmers, "Swim diapers are required!" Irregardless of the leakage factor, they want butts literally covered on those who indiscriminately void themselves, consciously or not. ;)

I’m pretty sure swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Kids can be in the splash area with them, but it is against health code to wear them in a pool anywhere I have ever heard of.

And if they are? That just reinforces my avoidance of the pools. Those “diapers” only contain the actual solid stuff - NOT the liquid or the bacteria.

Edit... Upon googling, apparently Disney bucks all public pool health regulations and not only allows them, but allows them without rubber pants over them (the way some places allow them). GROSS!

This may vary by area but literally the only pools I have been to that did not allow swim diapers (with or without plastic shorts over them) are on cruise ships. Both local parks where I live allow swim diapers, the pool where my son takes swimming lessons allows them, the local YMCA pools all allow them. It’s not a regulation for all public pools and not unique to Disney.

This may vary by area but literally the only pools I have been to that did not allow swim diapers (with or without plastic shorts over them) are on cruise ships. Both local parks where I live allow swim diapers, the pool where my son takes swimming lessons allows them, the local YMCA pools all allow them. It’s not a regulation for all public pools and not unique to Disney.

It is in my area.

Huh. Every single pool facility I have EVER been to, has very clear signage that, for babies and incontinent swimmers, "Swim diapers are required!" Irregardless of the leakage factor, they want butts literally covered on those who indiscriminately void themselves, consciously or not. ;)

In my area it's not allowed and if you're not trained, no pool for you.

But knowing that not all places believe in sanitation is just more reason to avoid pools. *shudder*

Disgusting indeed. I'd love to see a link to this Google search.

I searched on my phone and already closed the window.

But this is Disney's information

"Dress Code

• Swim attire must be appropriate for a family environment, and without buckles, rivets, zippers or exposed metal. Inappropriate swim attire, swim attire with buckles, rivets, zippers or exposed metal, and other sharp objects are not allowed on any of the attractions.
  • Jeans (denim) and wetsuits (neoprene) are not permitted on the following attractions at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park: Bay Slides, Humunga Kowabunga, Ketchakiddee Creek and Storm Slides.
  • For safety, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers in pool areas"

It's the "or" that gets me. At least if the swim diapers are covered with rubber pants there is a little less chance of there being leakage.

Same here....all indoor and outdoor pools around here allow/require swim diapers.

In my area it's not allowed and if you're not trained, no pool for you.

But knowing that not all places believe in sanitation is just more reason to avoid pools. *shudder*

On the topic of pools and sanitation, I’m just wondering what is to stop those who are no longer in diapers from just urinating in the pool (certainly it happens). Also the general hygiene of other swimmers can’t be controlled. Signs state that swimmers must shower before entering the pool- who polices that? How many people wander around the park all day and then hop into the pool when they arrive back at the resort? What’s to stop anyone with a rash, cold,
True. And I don't think it's only because of babies and toddlers that there is bacteria and viruses in the water.
Yes! There is no way to control everyone’s hygiene/ cleanliness, all they can do is treat the water accordingly. I could offer a list of things that potentially contaminate the water that no one blinks an eye at but I’m sure we can all use our imaginations. It’s definitely not just babies and toddlers- I’ve been on more than one cruise where the pool (where diapered children are not allowed) has had to be emptied and cleaned.

Which is why pools skeeve me out. Unless it is a backyard pool where I know the owners, I know they test the water, and the number of people allowed is limited I will pass.

BUT... (keeping this on topic), I get to experience the rest of POFQ for the first time tomorrow!! Hooray!!

I know whatever the answer is may change between now and when we come over in Feb (so I’ll probably ask again closer to the time) but what are they currently allowing re QS credits. I’ve heard of people (because they have the refillable mug) asking to swap the drink for a snack credit item (in our case hubby would love the cup of Gumbo) and it being ok at most resort food courts. It never occurred to me to ask last time, I just grabbed a bottle and took it into the parks with me, but if it’s something FQ allows it could be handy. So if anyone has recent experience that would be great. Thanks :)

At JFK now waiting for my flight down (in FIVE HOURS!! - but JFK is close to the school where I teach so it just made sense to come on our rather than backtracking and risking subway issues)!!! So far no email, no text, no room showing up in MDE...but that is ok as I need to stop by the front desk to decline housekeeping anyway.

Excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter