• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

isn't the boat from POFQ to DS faster than the bus? We once waited 45 minutes for a bus cause I didn't remember there was boat service!

Thats what I used already...Something needs to be faster than what they suggested (at least I hope).

Whatever way you do it, you'll need to take two buses if you use Disney transportation. For the All-Stars, I think I'd probably suggest changing at Hollywood Studios to keep the transfer times as low as possible, but Disney Springs or Epcot might be worth trying too. Avoid AK and MK as the routes are longer. However if you happen to time it wrong you could have two 20-minute waits just to get on the two buses, plus two lots of 10-12 minute travel time, so don't expect to do it in the 10 minutes or so that a taxi might take.

Andre

Hi! We check into FQ on March 31! We've stayed at Riverside, but are new to FQ! We are excited to try something new, and now that we are a family of 5, this will be the last time we can stay at FQ.

Oh, I didn't see that when I posted. Sorry! :blush: I would have gone the route that you were thinking. I would probably do a bus between Movies and DS and bus between DS and POFQ.

Whatever way you do it, you'll need to take two buses if you use Disney transportation. For the All-Stars, I think I'd probably suggest changing at Hollywood Studios to keep the transfer times as low as possible, but Disney Springs or Epcot might be worth trying too. Avoid AK and MK as the routes are longer. However if you happen to time it wrong you could have two 20-minute waits just to get on the two buses, plus two lots of 10-12 minute travel time, so don't expect to do it in the 10 minutes or so that a taxi might take.

Andre

That's what I ended up figuring out.

When we stayed at POR years ago we only used the boat to DTD/DS. So much more relaxing and a lot less busy.

That's what I ended up figuring out.

When we stayed at POR years ago we only used the boat to DTD/DS. So much more relaxing and a lot less busy.

Same here. We tried the bus on our 1st or 2nd trip and decided never again unless it was our only option. Since then we used it few times , when weather stopped the boats or going to breakfast at WPE before the boats started.

The boats drop off near the Rainforest Cafe, at the extreme end of the marketplace section. You can walk from there or get an internal water taxi over to the central Landings dock. The buses now all use a central bus station located just behind Planet Hollywood.

Andre

This is great to know because we have a reservation at Rainforest Cafe...DD's fav, not mine lol...my question is if we go there for lunch, would it be most time effective to boat back to POFQ and catch the bus to HS or is there a better plan? I didn't realize till recently that we can't go straight from DD to HS by bus!

Food court at FQ. Some people said its not a big deal, but our family does not agree. We don't eat a lot of food in the food court but love a snack from time to time.

Tonight we went to Blue Man Group at Universal. It was raining so we did not stop there for dessert. Once back at the hotel we decided to go to the food court for a dessert/snack. The line was so long that it would have taken us 45 minutes to order and then additional time for them to bring it to us at the table. Fortunately I found out that they did not have any ice cream treats before we waited in line. We walked to Riverside in the rain to get our dessert/snack.

FYI it is raining so it may not be that crowded every night.

This is great to know because we have a reservation at Rainforest Cafe...DD's fav, not mine lol...my question is if we go there for lunch, would it be most time effective to boat back to POFQ and catch the bus to HS or is there a better plan? I didn't realize till recently that we can't go straight from DD to HS by bus!
You could always catch a bus to BWI and then walk or boat over to HS.

Food court at FQ. Some people said its not a big deal, but our family does not agree. We don't eat a lot of food in the food court but love a snack from time to time.

Tonight we went to Blue Man Group at Universal. It was raining so we did not stop there for dessert. Once back at the hotel we decided to go to the food court for a dessert/snack. The line was so long that it would have taken us 45 minutes to order and then additional time for them to bring it to us at the table. Fortunately I found out that they did not have any ice cream treats before we waited in line. We walked to Riverside in the rain to get our dessert/snack.

FYI it is raining so it may not be that crowded every night.

The Food Court is a big deal for us also. This will be our 30+ trip (third one without children or grandchildren). We like to select a resort that has decent restaurants and/or food courts since we have eaten at almost every restaurant on the Disney property. We enjoy returning to our hotel in the middle of the day, eating at the food court or restaurant and then getting in some pool time. Our expectations are not that high, but we selected the POFQ many months ago based on the reviews of the food court. We are originally from New Orleans, so the Mardi Gras atmosphere is not the drawing card. Thanks for the info. I hope we are not sorry we did not change resorts.

I ate at the FQ replacement food court two or three times while were we were staying at Riverside, once at 9am and twice lunchtime-ish and it only took a few minutes to order, and about 5 minutes or less for the food to be delivered to the table. I rather enjoyed the change in fact.

Andre

I ate at the FQ replacement food court two or three times while were we were staying at Riverside, once at 9am and twice lunchtime-ish and it only took a few minutes to order, and about 5 minutes or less for the food to be delivered to the table. I rather enjoyed the change in fact.

Andre
Hey, do you think they will continue to do it that way? Deliver food to tables? Of course, keeping the grab-n-go stuff close to the registers, but it would be nice to have sandwiches and other hot food delivered, rather than just standing there waiting for it... :)

Hey, do you think they will continue to do it that way? Deliver food to tables? Of course, keeping the grab-n-go stuff close to the registers, but it would be nice to have sandwiches and other hot food delivered, rather than just standing there waiting for it... :)

No, I think the updated food court will have the same serving style as the old one. It will have an extra serving counter though (for make-your-own-pasta) and will also include 8 Cola Cola Freestyle machines instead of the old beverage island.

Andre

I changed my 9:35 ADR for Whispering Canyon to 7:30. That day we are going to Magic Kingdom. Once on the bus from POFQ where do we transfer to get there. TIA

I changed my 9:35 ADR for Whispering Canyon to 7:30. That day we are going to Magic Kingdom. Once on the bus from POFQ where do we transfer to get there. TIA
I believe there is boat service between MK and WL not sure if there is a bus.The boat launch is near the bus area . The other option (which would be faster) is to taxi or Uber to WL then take the resort's transportation to MK

At that hour, a taxi or uber is going to be your best bet. The boat from MK to WL doesn't start running until too late for your ADR. If you are able to get to the MK VERY early, you MIGHT be able to hop on the boat from the Contemporary to the WL (walk to the CR from the MK bus stop), as that boat starts running at 7, but even then, you're pushing your luck with timing.

Update... My daughter ordered a child's Mickey waffle and beignets this morning around 10:00. It took us about 10 minutes to order and about 15-20 for the food to be delivered to the table.

We rode the boat to Disney Springs this past Saturday. The boats are every 15-20 minutes and the ride is about the same amount of time. The boat dock is to the left of Rainforest Cafe. You actually walk behind the building and come out by the custom t-shirt store.

FYI if you have a reservation at the other end of Disney Springs there is a bridge that cuts off a lot of walking by Rainforest.

No, I think the updated food court will have the same serving style as the old one. It will have an extra serving counter though (for make-your-own-pasta) and will also include 8 Cola Cola Freestyle machines instead of the old beverage island.

Andre
I will be in heaven if there is a pasta station there in december!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter