Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Well it looks like the new Annual Pass "dining benefit" does not include POFQ - does include Boatwrights in POR, and some of the food courts (like BC's Marketplace). Wonder why POFQ was not included.... bummer!

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the thread already - feel free to point me in the right direction! I'd like to clarify when POFQ and POR typically share buses. I've read multiple places that the two resorts will share buses "during less busy times." Does this mean less busy times of day or less busy times of the year?

I chose POFQ partly for the single bus stop, and I'm a little concerned that going in a low-crowd time (January) means we'll be sharing buses anyway!

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in the thread already - feel free to point me in the right direction! I'd like to clarify when POFQ and POR typically share buses. I've read multiple places that the two resorts will share buses "during less busy times." Does this mean less busy times of day or less busy times of the year?

I chose POFQ partly for the single bus stop, and I'm a little concerned that going in a low-crowd time (January) means we'll be sharing buses anyway!
I stayed at POFQ January 2016 and if I remember correctly we only shared buses a few times and it was only an extra 10 minutes if that. When I was there last month we shared buses once on the way back from a park and FQ was dropped off first.

So glad the new room only discount works for POFQ! It's only 10% off rack rate, but that saved me $133!
I briefly considered changing to Caribbean Beach to save $475 but I decided to stay with POFQ and still saved about $150. We just love POFQ too much!

Well it looks like the new Annual Pass "dining benefit" does not include POFQ - does include Boatwrights in POR, and some of the food courts (like BC's Marketplace). Wonder why POFQ was not included.... bummer!

It's up to each individual restaurant, counter service, resort, etc whether they are in or not. POFQ must have decided they didn't need to be included to bring in more business.

It's up to each individual restaurant, counter service, resort, etc whether they are in or not. POFQ must have decided they didn't need to be included to bring in more business.

I very much doubt that each Disney restaurant makes that decision, it would have been determined centrally. The third-party owned ones do make the decision themselves though, depending on how good a deal Disney offers them I guess.

Andre

I wonder if it's because the new food court hasn't been re-opened yet? They could be waiting to add it. I know from staying at Coronado Springs multiple times and keeping up with their eating establishments during those planning times that for some reason they would add them to the ddp later than other restaurants. Everyone would freak out that they'd booked the resort and their credits wouldn't be valid, then close to the end of the year the places would be added. Just guessing...

Was just reading through this thread, a lot of great info. We are checking in 12/2 and have not received a notice about the food court renovation. Anyone out there checking in that week and receive a notice?Not too worried about it but it would be great if the food court were complete.

Thanks!

Was just reading through this thread, a lot of great info. We are checking in 12/2 and have not received a notice about the food court renovation. Anyone out there checking in that week and receive a notice?Not too worried about it but it would be great if the food court were complete.

Thanks!

According to Andre, it's supposed to be done by Thanksgiving, which of course is before you arrive.

First of all...to those guest who are there now please be safe!

One more question... can I bring my own fishing poles to fish or do I have to rent cane poles? since we are driving we can bring them:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter