Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The makeover is very underwhelming, was hoping for something different. My husband’s family grew up in New Orleans. This just doesn’t seem as highly themed as other resorts.
This seems to be the direction they are going with room decor right now.

They put up more pictures, they also have the soap dispensers in the bathroom. Also outlets and USB ports on headboards.
Outlets and usb ports will be GREATLY appreciated...I usually end up charging 3 or 4 devices at a time at night! Yay!:cool1:

This "refurb" is definitely underwhelming. I was expecting more of a major change like they've done in other resorts. I wasn't particularly a fan of the room decor before so this doesn't make me any more excited about our stay in June. Honestly this is making me lean back towards Pop a bit.

Is it just me or does anybody else kind of get grossed out sharing shampoo/ body wash with all the other people who have stayed in the room?
I typically take my own shampoo and conditioner and I guess now I'll be taking a few bars of soap. I will not be using that stuff that everyone else who's stayed in room had access to.

Yep, it looks much the same, except for the floors (and I am very glad to see the laminate flooring). I suppose my only true disappointment is the soap/shampoo dispensers in the shower, because I'm another one who would be grossed out by them! Oh well, I do take my own toiletries, as I am especially picky about shampoo. I actually have forgotten soap before and used Disney's last time, but it looks like there's a wrapped bar of soap in the vanity area? I suppose that could work if I need to use their soap again. The TV cables do also belong behind the wall, but otherwise, this refurb seems pretty nice!

I always take my own toiletries. I’m very particular on my brands.

The room refurb isn’t too bad. It’s plain but decent looking.

Is it just me or does anybody else kind of get grossed out sharing shampoo/ body wash with all the other people who have stayed in the room?
My main complaint about the big dispensers is that I like to snag an extra travel size bottle to take home and use on non-hotel trips, keep in a gym/pool bag, etc. Which I'm sure is part of the point in switching!

But yeah, it does feel a bit more institutional that way, too, not as nice.

I think this looks good - clean and restful. It was billed as a "soft-goods" refurbishment, so I was not expecting major changes. I like the white bed coverings because it makes it much easier to spot bedbugs should that ever be a problem. Floors are so much easier to clean and sanitize than carpets, and I can bring clings for the window if I want to Disney it up a bit. Really, the only thing that I would have loved to see is the barn-door style divided that they have been adding to the rooms at POP, but that is a far more extensive reno than this one.

My main complaint about the big dispensers is that I like to snag an extra travel size bottle to take home and use on non-hotel trips, keep in a gym/pool bag, etc. Which I'm sure is part of the point in switching!

But yeah, it does feel a bit more institutional that way, too, not as nice.
I like the little bottles also , and I like the H2O products, but really dislike this fragrance...much prefer the grapefruit or orange fragrance, or even non-scented

This "refurb" is definitely underwhelming. I was expecting more of a major change like they've done in other resorts. I wasn't particularly a fan of the room decor before so this doesn't make me any more excited about our stay in June. Honestly this is making me lean back towards Pop a bit.

That's funny because I was thinking just the opposite - that Pop's refurb took away all the theming (honestly, it looks so institutional and cold to me), but that POFQ's refurb seems to have kept the theming.

That's funny because I was thinking just the opposite - that Pop's refurb took away all the theming (honestly, it looks so institutional and cold to me), but that POFQ's refurb seems to have kept the theming.

I had thought the same about Pop's rooms from looking at photos prior to seeing them in person! In person I don't find them cold or institutional at all and I think they fit with the theme. I love the Mickeys on the wall and the Pluto bed is adorable. I agree that the theming remains at POFQ, just personally I wasn't a big fan so I was hoping they would appeal to me more after a refurb.

I do think the remodel at CSR completely took away the theming. While beautiful, I don't see how those rooms fit the resort at all.

I had thought the same about Pop's rooms from looking at photos prior to seeing them in person! In person I don't find them cold or institutional at all and I think they fit with the theme. I love the Mickeys on the wall and the Pluto bed is adorable. I agree that the theming remains at POFQ, just personally I wasn't a big fan so I was hoping they would appeal to me more after a refurb.

I do think the remodel at CSR completely took away the theming. While beautiful, I don't see how those rooms fit the resort at all.

I wonder if the rooms at POFQ will also look better in person than in the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter