Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

How is the bus stop situation lately? On a past trip, it was total confusion. Since there are no definite lines (like at POP), when a bus pulled up, it depended on where you were standing with lots of people coming up and getting in line ahead of others who were standing waiting the whole time. I really hope it is better, but probably not with no designated lines.

Thankfully the Moderates and Deluxes are still without the people corrals. We really dislike them and prefer the covered stops with benches.

Do they enforce the height limit at the kids splash pad? We stayed at CBR and they measure you. But when we stay at the Poly they let big kids on the splash pad. My son is 52 inches (he's 7) he's well past the 48 inches but at the Poly he can play in there. Just wondering!
Depends on the lifeguard and how crowded the place is already. Do you have just the one kid? My DH and I were allowed to splash around with our DD, spray each other with the equipment, but we weren't allowed to go down the slide with her. But we were the only family there at the time. When another family arrived, the lifeguard asked if either myself or DH could go outside and enjoy the rest of the pool area. Obviously the lifeguard didn't want to worry about what could happen in the splash area with too many adults looking after their littles AND co-watch the larger section of pool they are assigned to.

Thanks. I had fun putting it together. The google maps camera was passing at the perfect time. That 3 year old in red at the blue line KNOWS what she's doing! And the guest in the chair? She's done this before!
I was using a scooter during our last visit in March, and it seems there are always folks who are surprised that they load the scooters/chairs first.

I have to say that the bus drivers are great with scooters, though. Each bus that arrives makes sure if there is a chair in the box, that they ask if this is their bus. And they assist with quick and efficient loading of the chairs, which in my case, was great as a first time "rider". Got pretty used to it by the end of the trip, but I know I added a few more dents and scratches to the both the scooter and the bus from my "learning experience."

Good morning! What is the fastest way to get from PO-FQ to the Boardwalk? I have an early breakfast reservation.

Taxi, Uber or Minnie Van. If you want to use free Disney transport, I'd suggest getting the bus to Studios and then hop on a Friendship Boat (the dock is very close to the bus zone) over to the Boardwalk. You could also try changing at Disney Springs, but I think it would take longer.

Andre

We opted to not have housekeeping during our stay which worked out fine except for the inspections which always seemed to fall while one of us was in the shower or napping. CMs were very nice and would ask if we wanted them to come back, funny because when we said "no, its fine, they just stood in doorway and asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything looked into room from doorway and left!

So, my question is how much of a tip does one leave on check-out day???

We opted to not have housekeeping during our stay which worked out fine except for the inspections which always seemed to fall while one of us was in the shower or napping. CMs were very nice and would ask if we wanted them to come back, funny because when we said "no, its fine, they just stood in doorway and asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything looked into room from doorway and left!

So, my question is how much of a tip does one leave on check-out day???
Not sure, if you don't have housekeeping everyday, but for a regular stay, I usually leave $2 per adult per night.

EDIT: We are not messy, so really, all they need to do is empty trash and change out towels.

Not sure, if you don't have housekeeping everyday, but for a regular stay, I usually leave $2 per adult per night.

EDIT: We are not messy, so really, all they need to do is empty trash and change out towels.

Yes $2 per person is what I leave when room is cleaned daily I'm just not sure what would be appropriate when we check out and our check out Day is only day of housekeeping...and we have taken out our trash each day and will not be leaving any "mess". Just not sure if I should leave more than $4

Oh, Google maps! That is funny! I wondered how you got the pic. Good work!
And to think there are folks in that picture who would be ecstatic to learn their vacation from X years ago was captured for posterity! I dream of watching someone's Disney World youtube video from 2005 and seeing me on my first trip. No telling how many times a day a guest appears in someone else's video/pics!

My DD and I decided to fly late Tuesday night, 11/20, so that we could have a full day on Wednesday. We are only staying 5 nights so the only bags we will have will be our carry on rolling suitcases. We will be checking into Pop for that night, but getting there around 1:30 am. So, my question is this: should we leave our luggage in the room when we check out of Pop and have it transferred to POFQ? We were going to take a bus to a park and then a bus to FQ and check in, even if our room wasn't ready, but now I'm thinking it might be better to Uber over with our bags and just leave them in storage until our room is ready. What would you do?
Also, on our departure day, our flight is not until the evening. Will FQ store our suitcases after we check out? Our plan is to go to a park and be back in time to take a last stroll around the resort, go to the gift shop, pick up our stored luggage and then board DME. Can we do this? We always drive, so flying this time has brought with it a lot of new questions! Do I reserve DME for both ends of the trip at the same time? Can I do that online or is there a number I have to call?
Yikes! I guess I had more questions than I thought! Thanks in advance for your help!

My DD and I decided to fly late Tuesday night, 11/20, so that we could have a full day on Wednesday. We are only staying 5 nights so the only bags we will have will be our carry on rolling suitcases. We will be checking into Pop for that night, but getting there around 1:30 am. So, my question is this: should we leave our luggage in the room when we check out of Pop and have it transferred to POFQ? We were going to take a bus to a park and then a bus to FQ and check in, even if our room wasn't ready, but now I'm thinking it might be better to Uber over with our bags and just leave them in storage until our room is ready. What would you do?

Whenever we have this situation we bring our luggage down to luggage services and ask them to deliver them to resort #2. Then we take a bus to parks for the day. Late afternoon we take the bus to resort #2 and check in. Once in our room we have luggage services bring us our luggage.

Also, on our departure day, our flight is not until the evening. Will FQ store our suitcases after we check out?

Definitely.

Our plan is to go to a park and be back in time to take a last stroll around the resort, go to the gift shop, pick up our stored luggage and then board DME. Can we do this?

Definitely.

We always drive, so flying this time has brought with it a lot of new questions! Do I reserve DME for both ends of the trip at the same time?

Yup.

Can I do that online or is there a number I have to call?

Either way will work. Google magical express reservation and the first link will work.

Or call (407) 939-1936

Last edited:

That's odd, when I clicked directly on that link on the DIS page it took me to a spammy looking shopping website (viglink.com). However by cut'n'pasting the link into a browser it works fine. Also forcing it to open in a new tab worked correctly. Does anyone else see this issue? (I'm using Chrome in Windows 10, and no malware on my machine as far as I know)

Andre

That's odd, when I clicked directly on that link on the DIS page it took me to a spammy looking shopping website (viglink.com). However by cut'n'pasting the link into a browser it works fine. Also forcing it to open in a new tab worked correctly. Does anyone else see this issue? (I'm using Chrome in Windows 10, and no malware on my machine as far as I know)

Andre

Hmmm....it does the same thing for me. I can copy and paste the link from a google search into any browser and no issues. When I click on it here, copy and paste it from here or open a new tab from here it goes to the shopping website. I removed the link from my original reply.

Just switch my December Vacation from CBR to POFQ and save $400 :D super excited because I've been wanting to stay here. I'll save CBR for when the gondola is up and running.

Yay for saving money! I had originally been looking at the GF, then the GF DVC, and then I realized that I could just visit the GF every day and my vacation would be just fine. I also saved $$.

Hmmm....it does the same thing for me. I can copy and paste the link from a google search into any browser and no issues. When I click on it here, copy and paste it from here or open a new tab from here it goes to the shopping website. I removed the link from my original reply.
:offtopic: I've been having the same issue with any link posted on the DIS...really strange

It happened to me last week....here on DIS, a link to the Disney Candlelight Processional page. It took a few tries before I could actually type in the proper address and save the link to my computer. Interesting that the links are all from the DisBoards with no trouble anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter