Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. So do you think it's worth it to book the exclusive rate at around 10% off? It's $651 for 3 nights all taxes in.
Yeah, unless there is some weird exclusion where you can't cancel in case a better rate comes out. There are always exceptions to the rule. Bigger discounts are rate but do happen. We have one in early Sept (when most all resorts have pretty big discounts, for AP that is) but it's one of the biggest discounts I've seen in a long time. We didn't get anything close to that for Oct.

The area behind building 4 looks like they are replanting lower-level plants and bushes.

Andre
On Thursday or Friday of last week I saw them planting 2 good-sized live oaks next to building 4 between the building 4 elevators and the building 6 elevators. I was worried they were moving away from live oaks completely! Gotta have my live oaks and crepe myrtles! I don't know how old the two oaks are, but it was bigger than the live oak I planted here in Texas ten years ago!

@andrewilley - do we know if they changed the wall-mounted roll-in shower benches during the POFQ refresh? (please let the answer be no... the new "mesh" style they installed at POP is problematic for many of us mobility impaired folks)

Yeah, unless there is some weird exclusion where you can't cancel in case a better rate comes out. There are always exceptions to the rule. Bigger discounts are rate but do happen. We have one in early Sept (when most all resorts have pretty big discounts, for AP that is) but it's one of the biggest discounts I've seen in a long time. We didn't get anything close to that for Oct.
Hi - just saw your number of posts - wow - averages out at 8 posts/day for every day since you joined!

What are people's experiences with the room checks at POFQ? Has there been any negative experiences?

In 8 nights in June we never saw anyone. I know they came in once on arrival day because we requested extra towels and they were on the bed when we came back from either Disney Springs or the pool. Other than that, even when we were there in the afternoon, we never saw them.

What are people's experiences with the room checks at POFQ? Has there been any negative experiences?

We were there around the 4th of July week. We declined housekeeping. We had 1 nap interrupted, where they opened the door while we were sleeping and before we had a chance to get up and open the door. The person was embarrassed and left as soon as they saw we were in bed. Never saw them again after that.

We were there around the 4th of July week. We declined housekeeping. We had 1 nap interrupted, where they opened the door while we were sleeping and before we had a chance to get up and open the door. The person was embarrassed and left as soon as they saw we were in bed. Never saw them again after that.

I might take the advice from the thread about the room checks to use the security bolt then. I don't think we would be bothered much as we don't take nap breaks and we're usually out all day. We're not early risers though and from stories I've read about them just barging in without even knocking sometimes, I don't want to take any risks.

How about the RO signs, do they generally respect those, or do they still knock?

I might take the advice from the thread about the room checks to use the security bolt then. I don't think we would be bothered much as we don't take nap breaks and we're usually out all day. We're not early risers though and from stories I've read about them just barging in without even knocking sometimes, I don't want to take any risks.

How about the RO signs, do they generally respect those, or do they still knock?

Yeah, we did not bolt the door. Next time we will for sure.

I'm just asking as some people have reported that some resorts (or maybe it's just some mousekeepers/members of staff), respects the RO sign as if it was a DND sign.

Maybe some do, but in general the sign is to let them know the room is occupied so they need to knock.

When we were there in March, we always came back for a little R & R...which usually included a nap. Usually, they had already been there to clean, but often hadn't replaced the towels yet. One day, while were were napping with the RO sign on the door, housekeeper left a bag hanging on the outside with towels, etc. Otherwise, we were never interrupted... but we are Rope Drop people, so we were up and out between 7 and 8.

Yikes! That is scary.

I'm afraid I will never hear a knock. I sleep with a fan and a white noise machine!

We are staying at POR this May. I’ve stayed many times before, but never with a baby. I’ve also never walked through POFQ so I’m wondering how appropriate the splash pad area would be for an almost 10 month old? I know there is a height limit but would we be able to go through with him? We live in the northeast so he won’t have a lot of pool experience at this point (or at least anything meaningful).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter