• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

just left the coronado boards and switched to here because for early november i had coronado with a pop split stay but when (finally) a room opened up at french quarter garden view (any room would do) i grabbed it. my sister went to coronado last week (been there many times and good experiences) but this time had a negative experience or two and when pofq opened which it never does i grabbed it and left those boards. so here i am . i have never stayed at this resort but am excited. i do have some questions about transportation if people can answer? it says online the buses are shared with riverside at times. will they be shared first week of november? and does the ds ferry make stops or it's one way back and forth? I have a foot condition coming into this trip ahead (very nervous about have a physical problem for a wdw trip) and really excited about the size (or lack of large size) of this resort compared to coronado. any tips with this resort and my foot would be appreciated too. i just want to be able to sit on a bus and ferry for my foot and not walk too far to get there.
I only had s shared bus on the way back from one of the parks late at night after closing.

Never had a shared bus going to a park. My understanding from reading is that very occasionally in the afternoons on less busy times there might be a shared bus to the parks

The boat goes directly to and from Disney Spring. After a certain time it for service both Riverside and FQ.

FQ is the perfect size. Nothing is more than a 7 minute walk (So they say) and most things are 5 or less.

If you haven’t yet, go have a browse on Andre’s awesome site portorleans.org. Tons of great information there. Honestly I think you’ll love it.

Last edited:
i do have some questions about transportation if people can answer? it says online the buses are shared with riverside at times. will they be shared first week of november? and does the ds ferry make stops or it's one way back and forth? I have a foot condition coming into this trip ahead (very nervous about have a physical problem for a wdw trip) and really excited about the size (or lack of large size) of this resort compared to coronado. any tips with this resort and my foot would be appreciated too. i just want to be able to sit on a bus and ferry for my foot and not walk too far to get there.
We usually go the second week of November. Bus sharing with POR has gotten less. Usually it was during afternoon . If you feel you can't get a seat wait for the next bus. Other then DS buses we got (early morning before the boat started or bad weather so no boat). POFQ seems to be the first stop. The boat to DS in the morning / afternoon is shared with POR but it starts at POR. It stops at the dock behind the Rainforest Cafe . There is a water taxi that goes between that dock and the other 2 DS locations.
If you have Garden view that can be in every building. As another poster said checkout the maps at www.portorleans.org to see what buildings look the best for you. No matter what you get checkout the maps for shortcuts through courtyards or passage ways. We do it to get to the buses , pool, boat and to walk up to POR .

Last edited:

Is the October recreation schedule posted yet or do I have to wait until October 1? I haven't been able to find it yet.

Is the October recreation schedule posted yet or do I have to wait until October 1? I haven't been able to find it yet.

I will post it on 30 Sept, in the evening. They have requested me to not post it in full before the time that on-site guests are given them.

One difference for October is that the evening movies at Riverside will be located by the pool deck on the quiet pool between buildings 90 and 95. French Quarter is as usual (for Oct, Tuesday at 8:30pm will be "Hocus Pocus", Thursday "Coco", Friday "Nightmare Before Christmas"). There will be a separate schedule for 31st Oct for Halloween.

Andre

I will post it on 30 Sept, in the evening. They have requested me to not post it in full before the time that on-site guests are given them.

One difference for October is that the evening movies at Riverside will be located by the pool deck on the quiet pool between buildings 90 and 95. French Quarter is as usual (for Oct, Tuesday at 8:30pm will be "Hocus Pocus", Thursday "Coco", Friday "Nightmare Before Christmas"). There will be a separate schedule for 31st Oct for Halloween.

Andre
Thanks!

Has anyone had the pumpkin spice beignets yet? Do you think they are better than the original? We will be down in 4 weeks and I can't decide which one I want to get. I love pumpkin but I'm not a PSL crazed kind of person. Just wondering if it's worth getting the pumpkin or not.

Which park?
I don’t remember which for sure, that’s why I didn’t say at the time. It was most likely HS as I think that was the only park we stayed at till close on that short trip with my MIL.

I seem to recall we had just missed a bus so they pulled up a partly filled Riverside bus into our queue, or may have directed us back to it.

Has anyone had the pumpkin spice beignets yet? Do you think they are better than the original? We will be down in 4 weeks and I can't decide which one I want to get. I love pumpkin but I'm not a PSL crazed kind of person. Just wondering if it's worth getting the pumpkin or not.
Will you only have one opportunity to get beignets?

Just doing a little research for a trip in March and have found conflicting info. If we are going to use the buses to travel to Blizzard Beach, is there a bus that goes directly to Blizzard Beach or do we take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then have to switch buses?

Thanks in advance!

Quick question,

We just changed our reservation from Pop to POFQ.

Does POFQ have bed rails as my 4 year old will roll off the bed without them.

Thanks!!

Quick question,

We just changed our reservation from Pop to POFQ.

Does POFQ have bed rails as my 4 year old will roll off the bed without them.

Thanks!!

Yes they do! I forgot to note it on our reservation so I just asked at check in. They delivered them to the room.

Just doing a little research for a trip in March and have found conflicting info. If we are going to use the buses to travel to Blizzard Beach, is there a bus that goes directly to Blizzard Beach or do we take a bus to Animal Kingdom and then have to switch buses?

Thanks in advance!

The Blizzard Beach Bus will drop you off at Animal Kingdom, then you'll get on another one to Blizzard Beach.

First time staying at POFQ on the 25th of this month. Does this resort text you with your room number when it's ready? We are driving in from 4 hours away to do MNSSHP and only staying one night. It would be great if we didn't have to waste party time waiting for our room to be ready so we know which room to come back to at the end of the night.

First time staying at POFQ on the 25th of this month. Does this resort text you with your room number when it's ready? We are driving in from 4 hours away to do MNSSHP and only staying one night. It would be great if we didn't have to waste party time waiting for our room to be ready so we know which room to come back to at the end of the night.

Yes, they do, if the system is working properly. Most of the time at every Disney hotel, I do get a text, but there are times it doesn't happen; it appears random and just tied to system glitches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter