Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I haven't done it, but still have my recreation calendar from December, and it doesn't list the price - how odd! It does say you "paint two Disney-themed wine glasses to take home" and that a complementary glass of wine is included if you're of age. The limit is 16 people, and the contact number is: 321-347-0750.
I gave them a call yesterday, the price is $50 and they do accept walkups. Registration is at 3:45. I might still do it, next week, depending on if my flight is on time and how I feel. If I do, I'll let you all know how it goes.

I need some information. I totally understand Florida and the wildlife and the environment surrounding the parks and resorts. However, is there any reason to belief or anyone with stories about snakes being a bigger issue at POFQ? I have a child who is more than terrified of snakes. This has been a lifelong fear and has caused some nasty nightmares. We are staying DVC for the majority of our trip but I need to add a few nights before the start of our DVC reservation. This is coming up with the best deal on our AP discount and I have heard it is beautiful. That being said, if there truly is an increased presence in snakes at the resort, that totally cannot be an option for us! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

I need some information. I totally understand Florida and the wildlife and the environment surrounding the parks and resorts. However, is there any reason to belief or anyone with stories about snakes being a bigger issue at POFQ? I have a child who is more than terrified of snakes. This has been a lifelong fear and has caused some nasty nightmares. We are staying DVC for the majority of our trip but I need to add a few nights before the start of our DVC reservation. This is coming up with the best deal on our AP discount and I have heard it is beautiful. That being said, if there truly is an increased presence in snakes at the resort, that totally cannot be an option for us! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
We have stayed at POFQ 11 times since 1998 & have seen only 2 small snakes . Small lizards multiple times on every trip, but not snakes .
We spend a good deal of time on the resort grounds and walk up POR multiple times .

Thank you!!
We have only stayed at POFQ one time for 6 nights. We did not see any snakes. We are the opposite of you....our son wanted to see snakes.

Thank you!!
Are you planning to swim? The pool slide is basically a big serpent... probably not great for a kid with anxiety about snakes. Google to see a picture (or maybe go to the first post - there has to be a link/photos).

We have stayed at FQ many times over the years and have never seen a snake on the resort property. For that matter, in the 26 years we have been going to Disney, we have seen 1 snake at the AK going across the path on the way to the petting zoo.

Thank you!!

No more than at any other WDW resort.

Thank you!!
We've stayed at POFQ 5 times in the past several years and have never encountered a snake. We do typically stay in building 4 which is not near the water, for whatever that's worth. We only saw a snake once while on WDW property -- and that was at BCV.

Last edited:

Thank you!!

Are you planning to swim? The pool slide is basically a big serpent... probably not great for a kid with anxiety about snakes. Google to see a picture (or maybe go to the first post - there has to be a link/photos).

My kids think the slide is a dragon.

In over 25 trips to WDW, we've only seen a snake once, and it was a small snake at Wyndham Bonnet Creek--that was at dusk on a quiet walkway near the water. I have a family member with a paralyzing fear of snakes, so I get the concern! I don't think the slide is an issue--show your child a pic or video of the slide, say it's a dragon, and you'll know then if it's going to be OK.

I never seen a snake in POFQ or anyplace else in WDW EXCEPT for the campground! Wife woke up one morning and there was a snake (a little over 2ft long) in the screen tent. Got me up to deal with it. Took a pic and gently convinced it to move across the road to a drainage ditch. Thought it was a king snake but looking at the picture later it was the poisonous coral snake :) but snakes do not bother me and it was just looking for breakfast or a way out of the screen tent.

I've seen several small snakes and many lizards while walking the grounds. All in the morning.

We saw a black snake slither between the bushes and the sidewalk by the pool, and one time
my young nephews were thrilled that a geko actually got into our room and was crawling up the wall.
Its Florida, you will see all kinds of stuff, we even saw deer grazing next to the roads going to the
Contemporary.

First timer here at the POFQ~~~ doing a split stay with the Poly this summer. So excited, as I always wanted to stay at Port Orleans (since back when it was Dixie Landings!).

Last edited:
Do you ever have a hard time getting a table at the food court area? The amount of tables seems a bit small, so just wondering and trying to plan ahead.

Another question - you know how each building has 3 "sections" to it, are there walkways in between each section on the ground level or no? So for example do you need to walk around the entire building to get to the pool if you are in building 2 or 5?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter