Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

but between the noise levels, shared busses and poor housekeeping service, it won’t go on our list as a future option.
I agree and we were also in a top floor, corner room. I loved the walk along the river and enjoyed drinking a morning coffee on the benches along the river bank but without fail I was joined by smokers, which spoiled the best aspect of the resort for me.

Isn't it strange how people can be at the same place at the same time and have different experiences? We are just back from our stay at POFQ. We arrived Wednesday afternoon and used online check in. We were texted that our room wasn't quite ready at 3pm (we were at Universal so that was ok, but I could see this being annoying to others) and when it was ready we saw that we'd been upgraded to a River view room which was gorgeous. We were in building 6 so a small walk to the food, buses and pool but the resort is so beautiful we didn't mind. We never shared a bus going anywhere while we were there, and never smelled smokers. We use a white noise app to sleep so that might be why we didn't hear anything other than a random toilet flush here and there, but we hear those no matter what WDW resort we are at. Those toilets are loud! I do completely agree with housekeeping though. Day 1 when we checked in we had 2 coffee cups and 2 lids. Day two we had 2 coffee cups replenished but no lids. Day 3 no coffee cups, lids, stirrers or anything replenished. Beds were made and that's about it. POFQ remains one of our faves though due to the size, location and general feel of the resort, and we love taking the boat to Disney Springs.

We checked out this morning. I never had issues with smokers, quit using busses for the most part. I will say the bus coming back after closing last night was wonderful. No shared bus and it arrived minutes after we walked up- first in line but due to how small the resort is, everyone got on with seats.

Housekeeping was just bad. They didn’t replenish the coffee properly ever and never put out clean glassware. As someone else said, it was pretty much make the beds and put out towels.

Finishing our trip at the Yacht Club!

Disappointing to hear the housekeeping issues with POFQ. We stayed at POFQ in March & April (before and after our cruise) and housekeeping was wonderful. Returned in June for a quick weekend trip and had issues which were resolved after speaking to the resort management. Have an upcoming trip in November/December (before & after our cruise) and I am concerned after reading some of these posts as these were issues we encountered in June. I was assured that the issues we encountered in June would not be encountered in November but after reading some of the posts, I think I will make it appoint to speak to management once we arrive to ensure our room is cleaned each day. Yes, I know we can opt out of housekeeping and do it ourselves, but I am on vacation so I like to return to a clean room.

We plan to opt out of daily room service
We always did without any benefits - which would be a nice perk

We bring our own coffee and only use the machine to make hot water
My DH like Folgers - DW likes GFIC

We will buy POFQ mugs in the gift shop for souvenirs and coffee mugs to use in the AM. Unless the refillable mug can hold hot water and fits under the coffee machine in the room. Then just buy the refillable mugs

We plan on getting (or sending to ourselves) dishwasher detergent
as well as other items like garbage bags and some snacks
Maybe order stuff from Garden Grocer :)

We have a standard room - our requests will be top floor away from smoking
We do not care about the view - there is no balcony and DH will keep the curtain closed because people can walk by and look in our room.

I have a "wedding" Mickey and Minnie stuffies with a small sign which will say "Happy Anniversary" to put in our window.
So if you see it November 2020 - it will be us.
Celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary :)

Last edited:
Can someone let me know if the player piano is still in the lobby? I don't know if they would have had to move it with the opening of the new Club space.

Beignets have always been available at POFQ. I don't know why they make it sound like they are a new item. :rolleyes:

I feel a bit the same. There is nothing really new in the new locations apart from the jazz trio. The beignets and drinks are the same as before (in the food court), as are the cocktails and bar snacks in the lounge. Well, to be fair, you can now get beignets with cinnamon sugar or a drizzle of raspberry icing or chocolate sauce, but those are just toppings. I had hoped for something a bit more to be honest, seems a bit of a missed opportunity.

Oh, and the 'boozy beginets' which used to be three for $8 are now two for $9.99 (and even more than that if you order them in the lounge).

Andre

We had our first stay here Sept 18-Sept 22. We have previously camped at Fort Wilderness and stayed at Pop. I got a room ready text as soon as I turned my phone on after landing. That was around 11:30. We ate lunch at the airport and then went to get on DME. We seemed to wait awhile (probably only 20 min), but with cranky, tired kids it seemed forever but then we were on our way. We stopped at OKW to drop people off and then to FQ. We booked a standard room and ended up in building 4 facing the bus stop, top level. I couldn't have been happier with our room! Housekeeping was really great all week as we did quite a bit of resort time and our room was always cleaned by noon. DH is a coffee drinker and they restocked everything daily. We also had no problem with towels/linens. I make sure to throw any towels, hand towels and washrags in the tub before leaving though so they know I want them replaced. Bus service was OK. Most times it was really good, but there were a few times I wanted to cringe. We stood quite frequently (more than I would have liked with kids). Never shared on a trip to a park, but did share a couple times on return trips from AK. Had good luck about 1am after MNSSHP in that a bus pulled up quickly and we all had seats. We took the ferry to DS on Saturday night and that was probably my biggest disappointment. I realize that Saturday evening at 7pm is a crowded time, but it fit best in our touring schedule. We probably waited 40 min for a boat. There was a long line, lots of scooters, and it just seemed to take forever! The boat ride was nice, but I was so aggravated by that point, a quick bus might have been more enjoyable. It had also gotten dark while we were waiting so we really weren't able to see much. Return service around 11pm was a little better but nothing to write home about. All in all, we LOVED the size of the resort and the food court was really good. We will be a party of 5 next trip as our baby will be over 3yo, so we likely won't be staying here again as I don't want to pay for 2 rooms, but it was fun to check out another resort!

We just got home from POFQ on Sunday night and absolutely loved it! It is easiest the prettiest resort I have seen on property. Its so romantic with the New Orleans architecture, the beautiful river, and all of the Spanish moss. It also was very quiet and relaxing which makes it a great respite from the parks. The room was always nice and clean and the beds comfortable. Its a good size too. We were in Building 7 which is one of the furthest from the main building, but did not seem like a long walk at all, even at night! And the buses were easily the best we've ever had at a resort!! So quick! I think its a combo between being a very central resort and very few guests. I tried out the pool, which was a lot of fun. I also loved having the Freestyle machines at the resort for my mug. (Seriously, you have a huge deal with Coke, Disney. Why aren't they everywhere??) All in all, we loved it and want to go back ASAP!

We just got back as well. We loved the size of the resort, the quietness, and the pool. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The food wasn’t amazing, but nothing is perfect. I did like the beignets and breakfast and loooved the Pina-colavas.
We opted out of housekeeping but had no problems getting extra towels when we asked. Overall, we were very happy with the resort and round definitely go with it again - unless we could afford a deluxe, lol!

We’re currently in our first stay here and I love it. It’s been quiet. About the only issue with housekeeping is I haven’t had my sugar for coffee replenished lol. But I’ll just grab some from the drink area and be good. I like that it’s a small resort. Everything is close. We’re staying in building six with a view of the river. Still got a few more days to go

I’ve stayed at Pop and Contemporary. This is my first time at a moderate. Anyone have suggestions? It’s also my first solo trip, so the only person’s schedule I have to accommodate is my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter