Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

But should we send a letter to POFQ with our room requests a week before arrival ?

Best way to contact the room inventory team directly - rather than just adding a note to your booking on the system - is to FAX them about 30 days before arrival (used to be 3-5 days, but they can work further out now).

Andre

I have 2 seemingly odd questions: do the rooms at PO:FQ have ceiling fans, and how well does the air conditioner reach both beds?
My mom and I exist in different temperatures, so we're hoping if she gets the bed further away from the A/C, she won't be freezing, and I won't have to complain about it being too warm and stuffy.

...I've briefly considered if we should get 2 rooms at the All-Stars so we can both have our own A/C at our own temperature. :rotfl:

There is a Motel Style AC under the window. So if she is in the bed near the bath, there should be a little bid higher temperature.

One more question - we made our reservation with Dreams Unlimited - just in case we can get free dining or a discount - going next year mid-November
But should we send a letter to POFQ with our room requests a week before arrival ?
IE first request, upper floor, then corner room, and if will be our 35th wedding anniversary
If you are working with at TA I'd let them do that for you. In our case our TA already booked the type of room we wanted and noted the request, they will communicate on our behalf.

We got back 2 days ago from a 6 night visit to POFQ ( #12 overall). Weather wasn't the best but nothing we or Disney can do about that. It was our first visit since the remodel and we liked the fake wood floor & storage under the beds. We have no issue with the plain white bed covers. Every other hotel/resort we visit has gone this route and we stay at POFQ for the location not only to the Parks but also DS and not having to use a rental car.
We got a corner River view room in Building 6. We were able to get into the room around 2:30.It was one of the view corner rooms with no second window but IMO that is a 1st world problem. Housekeeping was very good. We càme back mid-day and the latest the room was done was by 3:30.
We had good luck with both the buses and boats regarding wait times going & coming. We went to the Parks during morning rush and left in the afternoon.
The only meals we ate at POFQ were breakfast and moving the beignets to the old lounge made the food court easier at breakfast. Breakfasts were good. If you get a meal with the option of ham , get that as it is so much better than bacon or sausage.
Our experience with Castmembers went from fine to great. Shelley at Mardi Grogs is a great bartender & one of the best servers we have had anywhere.
The only negative was the new Scat Cat's lounge. The bar has no stools. There are no TVs so don't expect to watch any games even if it is a night with no live entertainment ( or before they start). The performers the 2 nights we stopped in were good, they did a some Pop songs with a jazz feel. Not our musical taste but that is ok. The other nights we went up to see Yeeha Bob or hung at Mardi Grogs ( when it was warm enough).

Last edited:

@ncc1701 thanks for the review thought I was bummed to hear the suggestion of ham over the bacon, but I'm not really shocked, just disappointed.

I called and maintenance lowered it for me but said it would only last 3 days so I’ll have to call back and have them lower it again.

We tend to adjust the temperature setting very regularly (for example warmer when we've just come from the rain, or while sleeping). Is it really not possible to adjust the setting as needed any more?

Andre

I called and maintenance lowered it for me but said it would only last 3 days so I’ll have to call back and have them lower it again.

We tend to adjust the temperature setting very regularly (for example warmer when we've just come from the rain, or while sleeping). Is it really not possible to adjust the setting as needed any more? My wife will be really cross if all we can do is turn the AC on or off.

Andre

We tend to adjust the temperature setting very regularly (for example warmer when we've just come from the rain, or while sleeping). Is it really not possible to adjust the setting as needed any more? My wife will be really cross if all we can do is turn the AC on or off.

Andre
I don't think the one in our room went below 68. Never checked on how high a temperature you could set.

68 was as low as it would go when we first checked in. After the maintenance override I lowered it to 65. Not sure if it goes lower but I’ll get back to you...

Does anyone know if Sassagoula Floatworks will be offering traditional Thanksgiving fare Thursday? I know Boatwrights at Riverside has a special menu but I’m looking for quick service at the resort.

I wish that too, there is already an empty table-service restaurant space there (the old Bonfamille's) but that is where they are now moving the lounge to. The current Scat Cats's area is becoming "Beignet Central" - I assume some kind of cafe and cakes location. See https://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=170919. The big downer is that Jason & Billy are not being kept on for the new lounge space.

Andre
Oh that’s a shame. They were fantastic to listen to and watch. I discovered them one night in Feb when I was trying to let hubby get early sleep without disturbing him the night his race. I’m so glad I did or I might not have discovered them.

I have 2 seemingly odd questions: do the rooms at PO:FQ have ceiling fans, and how well does the air conditioner reach both beds?
My mom and I exist in different temperatures, so we're hoping if she gets the bed further away from the A/C, she won't be freezing, and I won't have to complain about it being too warm and stuffy.

...I've briefly considered if we should get 2 rooms at the All-Stars so we can both have our own A/C at our own temperature. :rotfl:
You could always get one of those portable USB stroller fans for extra air blowing on you (I do that in any hotel anyway) and could ask for extra blankets for mum, and set the AC in a happy medium?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter