Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Staying February 10th to 21st. So excited to try this resort for the first time! Anyone else staying the same time as us?

I’m here now, and shocked at how NOISY it is. The room is lovely- but when any neighbors flush the toilet it’s LOUD. They have water saving high-powered flushes I guess, but even with the fan on last night, I was awakened many times by the plumbing noises of other guests. It’s surprisingly loud. The walls may be very thin, but its plumbing I hear mostly and not voices.

Other things are really noisy too (tried to take a nap today)- the housekeepers carts rolling on the concrete outside the doors rattle and also make a ton of noise. I’m not usually all that sensitive to noise, but it seems that this is far noisier than other hotels I stay out (including all stars). The cobblestone street outside my “garden view” room means luggage carts and lawn carts rattle and bounce noisily. I’m on the second floor, so it’s not right outside my door.

The room is nice enough, but my mattress is lumpy on one side. I’m alone, though, and just slept on the other side.

Otherwise, I really like it here so far. I don’t think there is much that can be done about the concrete of course, but it did surprise me that it’s so noisy.

Just managed to get a booking at POFQ with free dining for septembre 2020.
Needless to say...I’m beyond excited 😱😱 and wanted to share.

I remember reading online that POFQ was really hard to get with a discount...so was I incredibly lucky or did they change their strategy with this resort ?

This will be my 1st time experimenting this resort and only my 2nd trip to WDW (I’m from Europe so this kind of vacation is pretty expensive 😬).
Last time was at Coronado Springs, it was awesome but I’m looking forward to a smaller resort with less walking though.

Just managed to get a booking at POFQ with free dining for septembre 2020.
Needless to say...I’m beyond excited 😱😱 and wanted to share.

I remember reading online that POFQ was really hard to get with a discount...so was I incredibly lucky or did they change their strategy with this resort ?

This will be my 1st time experimenting this resort and only my 2nd trip to WDW (I’m from Europe so this kind of vacation is pretty expensive 😬).
Last time was at Coronado Springs, it was awesome but I’m looking forward to a smaller resort with less walking though.
Awesome! POFQ has been shut out of fd for years. I was shocked to see it offered so I booked it too. I wasn’t really planning to go the end of June, but that was the best time for me to go, so I’m going to try.

Awesome! POFQ has been shut out of fd for years. I was shocked to see it offered so I booked it too. I wasn’t really planning to go the end of June, but that was the best time for me to go, so I’m going to try.

The weirdest thing is how prices vary from one date to another. I tried several checkin dates but always in the same week and prices were always different (about 500$ difference!) and POFQ was never available. Then it appeared magically and was cheaper than other moderates, even though it is a garden view 😯

The weirdest thing is how prices vary from one date to another. I tried several checkin dates but always in the same week and prices were always different (about 500$ difference!) and POFQ was never available. Then it appeared magically and was cheaper than other moderates, even though it is a garden view 😯
I was so happy and surprised to get it, I can’t even tell you what I payed rack rate for the room. I should probably look into that. Lol.

We just booked for a quick weekend trip beginning of March! I have a few questions:
-Can we do the horse drawn carriage ride or is that only at Riverside?
-Is there a boat to DS from FQ, am I better off taking a bus?
-Is the food different (better) than Riverside?
We stayed at Riverside once for one night and the food was terrible! None of my 3 kids would touch it. So I don't plan on eating at the resort. I figured we could go to DS to eat?
Thanks in advance

We just booked for a quick weekend trip beginning of March! I have a few questions:
We stayed at Riverside once for one night and the food was terrible! None of my 3 kids would touch it. So I don't plan on eating at the resort. I figured we could go to DS to eat?
Thanks in advance
Yes you can do the carriage ride (actually anyone can, you just have to book)

Yes there is a boat, we love it. Sometimes you have to share it with Riverside. Also check that it’s going to DS as some drop off at FQ then carry on to drop at Riverside. Buses are needed early and late.

We absolutely LOVE the food at Sassagoula Floatworks (FQ’s quick service):

Yes you can do the carriage ride (actually anyone can, you just have to book)

Yes there is a boat, we love it. Sometimes you have to share it with Riverside. Also check that it’s going to DS as some drop off at FQ then carry on to drop at Riverside. Buses are needed early and late.

We absolutely LOVE the food at Sassagoula Floatworks (FQ’s quick service):
This makes me feel so much better! Thank you! Just to clarify, is the Carriage ride at the FQ side?

One more question, thank you for bearing with me here!!

For our last day we would like to swim until its time to take the tragical express. Are there bathrooms with showers outside of the pool?

Thanks in advance

We did better with bus to DS. We loved the food. I had to have the shrimp and grits twice and I’m a grits snob (ha!).

One more question, thank you for bearing with me here!!

For our last day we would like to swim until its time to take the tragical express. Are there bathrooms with showers outside of the pool?

Yup. Showers and lockers available at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter