Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I noticed that on the Sassagoula menu they no longer list the shrimp and grits or the prime rib sandwich. Can anyone confirm they are no longer offered? They are family favorites and we have an upcoming trip so I am crossing my fingers they are still available!
We stayed last week and there were a handful of items available at the food court that were not listed on the menu. We didn't mobile order, other than breakfast, so I have no idea if they would have shown up during MO. However, for dinner, there were items that were not on the online menu but available; like braised beef and rotisserie chicken. I think it's an availability thing so they're not always sure what they'll have so it's not listed in perpetuity on the menu. I did see shrimp and grits but did not see the sandwich but I likely just missed it. I will say, in all my moderate stays, I felt like even though the POFQ food court is smaller than POR and some of the other mods, I felt like there was an ample variety of food choices.

We stayed at POFQ in June, and the shrimp and grits was seriously my favorite thing I ate during the entire 8 night stay at WDW, and we ate in some great restaurants!

I loved POFQ so much. We will definitely be back!

I also really love POFQ. This is a great place to stay if you want to be close to Magic Kingdom.

My husband and I just planned a last minute getaway Sept 8-11 to visit our niece who is in the college program. We used her room discount :yay:so our resort choices were limited. I really wanted to stay at a Skyliner resort, but am happy we landed at POFQ since we‘re going to hang around the pool one day.

We stayed at PORS last year because we took our kids and nephew and needed a 5th sleeper room. This time it‘s just the two of us.

My husband and I just planned a last minute getaway Sept 8-11 to visit our niece who is in the college program. We used her room discount :yay:so our resort choices were limited. I really wanted to stay at a Skyliner resort, but am happy we landed at POFQ since we‘re going to hang around the pool one day.

We stayed at PORS last year because we took our kids and nephew and needed a 5th sleeper room. This time it‘s just the two of us.
My DW and I loved POFQ. I think you and your hubby will too. It's a great (small) resort.

I have three rooms booked for my family at POFQ. I made room request when booking, two rooms to be connected and one nearby. Should I still send a request through Touring Plans? I did both last time and room was not anywhere near the request but they did change our room location at check in.

Checked into POFQ for the first time late last night. Already in love with this resort. Very calming, super quiet, and a scenic running trail. Super excited to try the Beignets for breakfast. The room looks great and has some very nice touches without being over the top. And the best part....AP discount gave us $210 / night. I feel like that is a steal nowadays. Can't wait to explore this resort a bit more before we head off to the parks today!

We just booked a last minute trip for Sept 7th - 10th and are staying at POFQ for the first time! We stayed at riverside in December and liked it but felt we would enjoy FQ more so I’m excited to experience it 😁
I have to say we were die hard POR resort ppl and while we still love POR, POFQ is our new #1 moderate. The much smaller footprint is a game changer. We don’t mind walking at all, but FQ is so much more convenient than POR. We stayed earlier this month and loved everything about it. We were in building 3, LOVED the location. And the one bus stop, the best!!! Enjoy!!

We just booked a last minute trip for Sept 7th - 10th and are staying at POFQ for the first time! We stayed at riverside in December and liked it but felt we would enjoy FQ more so I’m excited to experience it 😁

POFQ is my favorite! I'm staying at Riverside next time for the 5th sleeper so my kids don't have to share a bed, but if POFQ had 5th sleepers, I would stay there every time.

My husband at teenage son will be joining me and the girls halfway through the trip in February. I want to stay in the POR Royal room with the girls. I think they will love it. I don’t see my son enjoying that. I actually think the boys might prefer POFQ. They will have a rental car. It looks like they could easily drive over to us in just a couple of minutes, right? Or a short walk since we will be in the royal rooms. Is there any reason this is a particularly bad idea? The pool will be closed. Anything in particular a teen boy might enjoy there?

Thank you!

My husband at teenage son will be joining me and the girls halfway through the trip in February. I want to stay in the POR Royal room with the girls. I think they will love it. I don’t see my son enjoying that. I actually think the boys might prefer POFQ. They will have a rental car. It looks like they could easily drive over to us in just a couple of minutes, right? Or a short walk since we will be in the royal rooms. Is there any reason this is a particularly bad idea? The pool will be closed. Anything in particular a teen boy might enjoy there?

Thank you!

This should be fine as long as they don't mind not "technically" being at the same resort. I say technically because the 2 resorts really almost feel like one. They don't even have to drive over as it is an easy 10 minute walk. The 2 resorts also share amenities so they could use the Riverside pool while the FQ one is closed. (Assuming it is warm enough in February which is possible.)

It looks like they could easily drive over to us in just a couple of minutes, right? Or a short walk since we will be in the royal rooms. Is there any reason this is a particularly bad idea?
Right. They could easily drive over to you in just a couple of minutes. Depending on where they are parked at POFQ and where you are at POR it's less then half a mile. And as @Pyxie said, it's a 10 minute walk. There is no reason this is a particularly bad idea.
Anything in particular a teen boy might enjoy there?
There isn't anything specifically designed for a teen boy. But there might be many things he would enjoy at both resorts.

Just got back from staying here.

Super quiet. I enjoyed not having to share bus service with other resorts. Had a river view room which was excellent. Boat to DS was a nice bonus.

Room was clean and had enough space. Fixtures worked but were clearly well used, especially the bathtub where the handle felt loose. Loved the curtain that separated the beds from the sink area. Loved the Alexa echo show. Liked the ceiling fan but wished I could change the speed.

My only disappointments: Was there 4 nights and never got mouse keeping - and, no, I did not leave the sign on the door. Also, I had breakfast there and it wasn't good.

Also, I would totally buy that bed frame, I just love the style. I'm betting Disney has them made exclusively.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter