Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We booked our room at FQ 2 days ago at $198 a night. Today the same standard view room is going for $181! Had I booked us for Ju e 2 days later, we would have saved $300!!! Is there anyone I can call to see if they will adjust our rate?

Sure, if you booked room-only through Disney directly you can even cancel for a full refund of your deposit up to six days before your arrival date, so you can definitely rebook at a better rate if one is available.

Probably not an issue for you, but it will effectively be treated a new booking (although with the existing reservation number) so for example if you booked with a Free Dining deal which is no longer available when you call back to change the booking then you might lose out on that part of the deal.

Andre

Hi :wave2:

So Excited !!!:dance3: just 9 more days!!!!party:

Sorry... i apologize if this has been addressed before. i couldn't find the answer....

Does anyone know where the boat leaves you off in DTD? I'm hoping for the Marketplace:goodvibes
Thank you for your help
Liz :goodvibes

Hi :wave2:

So Excited !!!:dance3: just 9 more days!!!!party:

Sorry... i apologize if this has been addressed before. i couldn't find the answer....

Does anyone know where the boat leaves you off in DTD? I'm hoping for the Marketplace:goodvibes
Thank you for your help
Liz :goodvibes

Yes. It's the Marketplace. There is a new-ish boat dock there now. It's at the very end, not by Rainforest Café but further down.

We got back late Tuesday from a quick but GREAT 4 night trip to WDW. Since our oldest DD had a couple of tests on Friday, so we just decided we would leave after I got off from work, this way I did not have to use a vacation day. But that meant we would not start driving until 6PM central time, for the 6.5 hour drive. We checked in at 1:30 and believe it or not there was no line so check-in was a breeze. There was one thing that happened at check-in that has never happened before. Brenda the CM checking us in, asked if we would like a late check-out and I said yes we always call mousekeeping that morning to request one. Well, she said no problem that she can take care of it now and put in the system a check-out time of 1:30:worship:
Okay, before we left we sent a fax with the following requests. 3rd floor, building 6, corner room and if they could add some pixie dust maybe close to the river. Well we were assigned room 6346 with this view.

The CMs all were very nice and helpful when we had any questions. We were impressed with how nicely decorated the resort lobby area was for Christmas. The buses were also very efficient, even the night after DHS closed and POFQ had the longest line. Four buses came within 20 minutes and we were on the 4th bus. We shared with POR twice during our trip. We did find it interesting that 3 of the 7 movies were only at POR, so if you wanted to view them you would have to go there. The only issue we had was trying to get the 'Be our Guest" guide that has the BB offer in it. They went back to having mousekeeping be responsible for leaving them in the rooms. Twice I asked the CM's in registration for it and they said they would notify mousekeeping, and the 2nd time I was still there when she called and told them. Still no booklet:( I told them that they should either go back to putting it with the paperwork you get at check-in or at least have them in the lobby or behind the counter so when someone asks they could just hand you one. Sorry about the little rant:) Anyways, I did what I do best and took the matter into my own hands:rotfl2: and the first mousekeeping cart I came across I went and scoped it out and found them and took one. Needless to say we still never got one delivered to our room. We used the BB to book an 8 night trip in March and we decided to stay at POFQ again. I think this trip has pushed POFQ slightly ahead of POR as our favorite resort. The quaintness of the resort, the nice little tree lined streets and just how the buildings are designed and themed. We found one sort of issue with APs. We just re-purchased AP's and went to guest services at MK to activate them, they said that the APs are linked to our magicbands(which worked flawlessly) and sent us on our way. Well; yes they allow you into the parks but you still need to have an actual AP card to get the discounts at the stores etc. So we had to take care of that. The bad part of a short trip is that we are all exhausted, happy but exhausted:laughing: The earliest of the 3 days that we got back to our room was 11pm, the other 2 nights after midnight.

I would like to wish everyone a very magical

Merry-Christmas.png

PO.org-Guest-Marsha-Dec2011-038_forum.jpg

I hope you and your families have a lovely and peaceful festive break.

And if you do happen to be at Port Orleans on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or over the New Year (either as a guest or a Cast Member) have an amazing time!

Andre

Next December we want to bring my daughter's friend to Disney with us so I needed to find less expensive lodging. After lots of reading here, I thought my first choice would be POFQ.

We took a bus from MK to POFQ during our vacation a couple of weeks ago, after we walked around, we took the boat to DTD and then a bus back to WL. Initially, my daughter was very reluctant to staying anywhere other than WL, but once she saw the POFQ pool, she was sold! It is a lovely resort.

I booked a standard view room. What are the pros & cons to making a room request?

Thanks!

Next December we want to bring my daughter's friend to Disney with us so I needed to find less expensive lodging. After lots of reading here, I thought my first choice would be POFQ. We took a bus from MK to POFQ during our vacation a couple of weeks ago, after we walked around, we took the boat to DTD and then a bus back to WL. Initially, my daughter was very reluctant to staying anywhere other than WL, but once she saw the POFQ pool, she was sold! It is a lovely resort. I booked a standard view room. What are the pros & cons to making a room request? Thanks!

I can't really think of any cons to putting in room requests. In my experience the requests have worked out great. One year we got a corner room which we wanted. It was nice.

On this last trip, I got one of the two buildings I requested with a free upgrade. So lots of pixie dust!

Just remember it is not a guarantee and you will not be disappointed.

I was checking out the rates (rack) and the rates for the Riverside are lower during the times I was thinking of going than the French Quarter. Not by much but I thought the Riverside would be more expensive because it's bigger, has more amenities. Is this typically the case?

Also, can anyone tell me why the FQ was exempt from free dining and if we book the FQ and free dining is announced, can we switch to Riverside and get the deal?

Thanks,
- Newbie!

I was checking out the rates (rack) and the rates for the Riverside are lower during the times I was thinking of going than the French Quarter. Not by much but I thought the Riverside would be more expensive because it's bigger, has more amenities. Is this typically the case?

Also, can anyone tell me why the FQ was exempt from free dining and if we book the FQ and free dining is announced, can we switch to Riverside and get the deal?

Thanks,
- Newbie!

POFQ does not always get the discounts the other mods get because it is small and popular and Disney doesn't have to offer discounts/FD to fill it up. POR probably is less and gets more discounts because it is bigger - more rooms for Disney to fill = more/better discounts.

If you book and an offer (FD or otherwise) comes out that isn't available for the resort or room category you have booked, you can always cancel that res and rebook at the resort that has discounts/FD available. (ETA, I said "always," but I'm sure someone knows of an exception to that rule. :) )

Both POFQ and POR were excluded from this year's free dining offer. Disney decide based on how much capacity is unsold at each resort, and they only offer free dining as an incentive to fill empty rooms. They obviously felt they did not need to do it at all for Port Orleans this year - although there were a few PIN code offers emailed out later.

When you've made a booking, the only way to 'add' a new offer is if that resort has the offer available at the time you want to switch; you are in effect making a new discounted booking from the current pool of available rooms and cancelling your old one. Sometimes offers are restricted to certain rooms types too (e.g. there are sometimes better offers on Royal Rooms than on regular rooms).

Rack Rates used to be really simple - there were three room categories (Regular, King Bed and Water View) and about four seasonal bands during the year, giving a total of about eight pricing options. However over the past few years the room categories and pricing structure have been getting more and more complex, and this is how POR/POFQ look for 2015 (and my charts even omit the weekday/weekend adjustments, in order to try to make them a little clearer!)

POR-RackRates-2015.png

POR-RGR-RackRates-2015.png

POFQ-RackRates-2015.png

Andre

We are usually visitors to POP in October. We are mixing it up this year: POFQ in May! This resort looks beautiful! We are really excited and have enjoyed reading this thread!

We will be staying at POFQ Jan 9-14, our first time there. Just wondering how busy the boats to and from DTD might be during that time. We just enjoy the boats much more than the buses.

We will be staying at POFQ Jan 9-14, our first time there. Just wondering how busy the boats to and from DTD might be during that time. We just enjoy the boats much more than the buses.

Should be fairly quiet I'd have thought. Might be a bit busier during Marathon Weekend on the days after the runs, but you shouldn't have any problems.

Andre

We used the bounceback at our recent stay this October 2014 and booked the free dining at POFQ for October 2015.
Why are some people not able to get it and some are?

Has anyone stayed in building 3? Is that a good building to request? We booked a garden room view and looked at the floor plans that building 3 has a lot of rooms that don't have a connecting doorway (which is what we are going to request). I don't really care what building we will be placed in, but just wondering.

We used the bounceback at our recent stay this October 2014 and booked the free dining at POFQ for October 2015.
Why are some people not able to get it and some are?

If I remember right, the FD BB ended in November and was replaced with a RO BB. This worked well for us when we were there a couple weeks ago and made a BB reservation for March, since we rather have a RO discount over a FD discount.

Has anyone stayed in building 3? Is that a good building to request? We booked a garden room view and looked at the floor plans that building 3 has a lot of rooms that don't have a connecting doorway (which is what we are going to request). I don't really care what building we will be placed in, but just wondering.

We loved building 3- great location.

If I remember right, the FD BB ended in November and was replaced with a RO BB. This worked well for us when we were there a couple weeks ago and made a BB reservation for March, since we rather have a RO discount over a FD discount.
What's an RO?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter