Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Do the rooms have a full length mirror in them at all? I know there's the two above the sinks but I was wondering if there was a bigger one anywhere?

Also how good is the hairdryer thats provided? Is it worth bringing my own one?

Do the rooms have a full length mirror in them at all? I know there's the two above the sinks but I was wondering if there was a bigger one anywhere?

Also how good is the hairdryer thats provided? Is it worth bringing my own one?

Hairdryer is good...and there is a big mirror over the table by the door...maybe a full length one the bathroom door, but I can't remember for sure...

Holy moly! I had disregarded POFQ a long time ago because there are never discounts (and also those giant head things in the food court scare me), and now...we're booked! How did this happen?! Cue panic!!!!!

Holy moly! I had disregarded POFQ a long time ago because there are never discounts (and also those giant head things in the food court scare me), and now...we're booked! How did this happen?! Cue panic!!!!!

LOL, don't panic! POFQ is a lovely place, and honestly I hardly notice the giant heads (although I don't mind them). It's so small, nothing's much of a walk; even the walk up the river to POR isn't bad. Enjoy!

Only 8 days until we arrive at POFQ for our first Disney resort stay ever! I have enjoyed everyone's posting and I am very excited to experience a little magic. I'm afraid I have over-planned for our time at the parks and haven't left much time to experience the resort. Still, it seems like it will be amazing!

The June 2016 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See http://www.portorleans.org/news.php?first=300516

As from Sunday 29 May, the main feature swimming pool hours will be 9am-11pm for the rest of the summer. The evening campfires will commence at 6:30pm this month and the Movies Under the Stars will be screened at 8:30pm, with both activities occurring on alternating days at the two resorts - Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday at Riverside, and Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday at French Quarter.

Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes (from the band Off Kilter) will be performing at Port Orleans French Quarter on June: 4, 5, 6, 7, 14, 19, 20, 21, 25, 26, 27 & 28 (Scat Cat's Club, 8:30pm-11:30pm).

Andre

I put in a quote for this resort today, and I am sure hoping that I get it. I want two rooms connecting. How likely am I to score that. Long ago, I stayed at Riverside, but I always wanted to stay at POFQ. We are a party of 6. I think the 3 kids will really like the pool. and the ride to Disney Springs.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I want two rooms connecting. How likely am I to score that.

Pretty good if that's your only request (around 50% of all the rooms at the resort have connecting doors). Make sure you request CONNECTING rather than just adjoining though.

Andre

My only request is connecting. The resort is small enough, so that it will limit our walking. If I don't stay here than it will be Pop again for my 4th time. I picked French Quarter because of the kids in our party. They will live the pool and waterslide. This resort should be a whole lot quieter than Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter