Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello everyone! POFQ seems like one of the best choices for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. I had a question about the buses. Everything I read says during less busy times French Quarter and Riverside share bus service. When exactly are less busy times? My wife and I are going 11/30-12/9 of this year. Good bus service is pretty much one of the most important things to us so we are just wondering what to expect when we go. Should we expect sharing a bus with Riverside?

We were there Dec. 29 - Jan. 5. We shared with POR once on our way to AK around noon. I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't share with POR more since we always went to the parks at non-peak times and the bus only had a handful of people on them most of the time.

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone. It looks like we don't really have much to worry about with the bus service.

Hello everyone! POFQ seems like one of the best choices for an upcoming trip for my wife and I. I had a question about the buses. Everything I read says during less busy times French Quarter and Riverside share bus service. When exactly are less busy times? My wife and I are going 11/30-12/9 of this year. Good bus service is pretty much one of the most important things to us so we are just wondering what to expect when we go. Should we expect sharing a bus with Riverside?
We did share buses with POR a few times, but only during off - hours. For instance, when went to parks a bit later or came back during the middle of the day.

Here now and really like the new light fixtures in the Floatworks. They add color and theme without being overwhelming like some of the old props. It looks a lot more festive now.

Here now and really like the new light fixtures in the Floatworks. They add color and theme without being overwhelming like some of the old props. It looks a lot more festive now.

We're here now too and really like them. I thought the big masks were a little creepy.

Could you post some photos, I've not been sent any yet?

Andre

I snapped a couple photos coming back to the room tonight
I got some of decorations on a ledge too. DH said they were there in November. May have been, I can't recall one way or another
20170126_232302.jpg

Last edited:

We are staying at the french quarter saturday to wednesday of memorial day weekend. Has anyone stayed there over the memorial day weekend? Was is very crowded? How were the buses?
Thanks

I snapped a couple photos coming back to the room tonight
I got some of decorations on a ledge too. DH said they were there in November. May have been, I can't recall one way or another
20170126_232302.jpg
I remember the stuff on the ledges from last trip after Thanksgiving, but I don't remember the beads or umbrellas hanging down from the ceiling (maybe they were they, but I don't remember them).

I like the new design, especially the feather mask grouping on the walls - looks fresh and open - and agree that those huge masks on the ceiling were pretty creepy. I also like that they reused a lot of the other stuff on the ledges.

We are staying at the french quarter saturday to wednesday of memorial day weekend. Has anyone stayed there over the memorial day weekend? Was is very crowded? How were the buses?
Thanks
We stayed at Thanksgiving, easily as crowded as memorial day. Buses were great

The are carriage rides around both Port Orleans resorts. You get them at Riverside. We booked in June, same day
I thought perhaps they meant something different as we just walked up for ours on the day - didn't think of pre booking for that - thank you for your quick response Angi :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter