Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

This grabbed my attention. Prime rib you say? At Floatworks? That would be awesome. I'll definitely be trying it when we visit next weekend.
let me know how it is, we used to have the pot roast but its off the menu, we are doing AKL this years but allready planning POFQ for next year lol cant afford the AKL to many times

Just arrived yesterday afternoon a few minutes after 3:00. Once again, I didn't get a text with our room number so we had to go to the front desk. We were offered $75 to forego mousekeeping for our 6-night stay. The CM said that was brand new today so apparently they're testing that at different resort levels. We declined because with 4 of us we generate a lot of trash and I like coming back to made beds and clean towels. If we were only here maybe 2-3 nights we'd have said yes. I got a glimpse of the card with the amounts and it started at $15 for the first night.

So far we're happy with our room. I did fax a request 5 days out and the CM mentioned it, and it was granted. We're in Building 5 with our River View but on the 2nd floor when I wish we had 1st. The kids seem to like the feel of the resort and everything looks beautiful.

Off to wake up my family to go to Studios. We dodged rain at MK last night but it cleared up around dinner time.

Just arrived yesterday afternoon a few minutes after 3:00. Once again, I didn't get a text with our room number so we had to go to the front desk. We were offered $75 to forego mousekeeping for our 6-night stay. The CM said that was brand new today so apparently they're testing that at different resort levels. We declined because with 4 of us we generate a lot of trash and I like coming back to made beds and clean towels. If we were only here maybe 2-3 nights we'd have said yes. I got a glimpse of the card with the amounts and it started at $15 for the first night.

Thanks for taking the time on vacation for the update!! I wonder if you take the 'no housekeeping' incentive how you get new towels/soap/etc. can you just request towels? Grab some from the cart? I could go a week with the same sheets (maybe). But I'm on vacation - I don't want to make beds!! Enjoy your day.

I haven't stayed at French Quarter for years and years. What type coffe makers do they have?

Thanks!

I haven't stayed at French Quarter for years and years. What type coffe makers do they have?

Thanks!
If you are referring to the in-room coffee makers, they are Cuisinart dual pod. The resort supplies Joffrey's coffee pods.

Thanks! I check in tomorrow and I seriously think I will take the offer.

This grabbed my attention. Prime rib you say? At Floatworks? That would be awesome. I'll definitely be trying it when we visit next weekend.

They had it when I was there in late May. It was GOOD. The CM cut me off a nice, juicy piece cooked medium rare/medium.

We will be staying here in about 40 days! Can't wait! Any tips from anyone that has stayed here?
There aren't really any "tips" for POFQ. Any building puts you close to everything, it is a very small Resort.
Take advantage of your access to all of POR's amenities of you have time.
The food court can get crowded at normal meal times so arrive a little earlier than normal.
If you like to sleep in, request a room away from the main lobby area.
Take advantage of the boat taxi to DS.
And try the beignets at least once.
And most of all, have a great trip!
We'll be there next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter