Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'm doing my online check in at the moment and the room request options are ground floor room, corner room, close to transport and close to Congress Park. Can anyone advise me on what/ where Congress Park is please, so that I can decide if I want to be near this?

It's an error. A few weeks ago the system was offering Toy Story rooms at Riverside. Personally I'm waiting for the Magic Kingdom View rooms, then I'm booking! :)

Andre

6 Beignets: Does anyone know if this counts as only 1 snack credit? coming over to this resort on one of our rest days to try these. Just curious since there's 2 different options. Thank you!

Could someone PLEASE tell me what kind of a coffee pot they have in the rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter. IT has always been the coffee pots that use the pods but now I'm being told that's not the kind they have in there anymore. So what kind do they have in there now ,is it keurigs??

6 Beignets: Does anyone know if this counts as only 1 snack credit? coming over to this resort on one of our rest days to try these. Just curious since there's 2 different options. Thank you!
Yes! Did this last week. Walked from POR (lovely walk) and got 6 beignets and little dipping sauce for 1 snack credit!

Could someone PLEASE tell me what kind of a coffee pot they have in the rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter.

Cuisinart dual-cup machines, which take the flat, round pods that look a bit like tea-bags. The same models that they've had for several years now.

Andre

Cuisinart dual-cup machines, which take the flat, round pods that look a bit like tea-bags. The same models that they've had for several years now.

Andre
Thank you, that's what I thought. I buy the pod every trip but another lady in another group told me "I'm sorry but that's not the kind they have anymore" I think she's confusing the keurigs k-cups with the pods LOL

We are at POFQ Nov 10-14 prior to going off property for DH's conference. I tried the on line check in this morning but it's offering me congress park as a location request :) Looked at above thread and saw it's a glitch. We have a river view room. Any suggestions for a choice in the drop down that might possibly get us close to the main building? Or would we have a better chance if I don't use the online check in and go to the front desk?
DH has really bad knees but wants to try it without a scooter this time as we are going to try to take it slower so cutting down on the walking would be great :)

We are at POFQ Nov 10-14 prior to going off property for DH's conference. I tried the on line check in this morning but it's offering me congress park as a location request :) Looked at above thread and saw it's a glitch. We have a river view room. Any suggestions for a choice in the drop down that might possibly get us close to the main building? Or would we have a better chance if I don't use the online check in and go to the front desk?
DH has really bad knees but wants to try it without a scooter this time as we are going to try to take it slower so cutting down on the walking would be great :)

Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of close to maintain building to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Then just skip the room request section during Online Check In. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so you don't want to wait until you get there.

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so you don't want to wait until you get there.

Groups are usually pre-blocked (as long as the reservations are linked on the system, or can be found by lead-party-surname searches, etc) but individual rooms without complex requests less often. Those are generally assigned a few hours before you arrive (or even when you get there, if you have not done Online Checkin) and will be taken from the pool of ready rooms at that time.

Andre

Just did online check-in for our trip! :banana: Kind of an experiment to see how it works since I really don't care where our room is located (I did put in requests through touringplans, though). We also get in on the later side, so it might be nice to just walk straight to the room and not mess with the front desk.

Could someone PLEASE tell me what kind of a coffee pot they have in the rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter. IT has always been the coffee pots that use the pods but now I'm being told that's not the kind they have in there anymore. So what kind do they have in there now ,is it keurigs??
they look similar to us, we are going to stay at AKL dec 2017,and rebooked for dec 7 th 2018 at french quarter

Not good enough for Riverside but good enough for French Quarter? That's a bit worrying, and frankly a little insulting considering I'm spending the same amount of money. Where is the logic here?
i agree that doesnt sound good. i hope the soft refurb brings bars to the showers.

Is POFQ offering the opt out maid service and if so, what is the offer?
Thanks
We were offered $15 a night in August, I think it's gone down now though. We did take them up on it, but I don't think we would have done it for any less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter