Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I just returned from POFQ 2days ago, and yes, parts of the food court were curtained off. A cashier told me they were working on the floors. It did make it awkward getting around
Oh dear - a month till our stay perhaps it will be finished!

I agree about missing the old bakery; the pre packaged items were unappealing, and milk shakes are no longer available there!

Yes, they were quite unappealing! We spent one night at Coronado Springs this week and the bakery items in Ric's Café were much nicer.

Just back from POFQ - building 2 is now my favorite. :jester: They did offer the opt out of housekeeping. The food court is still under construction, in the seating area. I REALLY miss the old bakery area. Now the offerings are prepackaged and there seems like there is less of a variety. Biggest hassle was leaving Disney Springs later than the boats. The signage for the return buses was wrong and we walked back and forth to find the depot. Of course, the security guard also gave us the wrong answer. lol
i thought the food court was finished. The bakery area is gone? ;(

The seating area had some areas walled off. The original bakery is gone - there is a dessert spot, but they are prepackaged and have less of a variety than the original one. Just not as appealing as the other offerings.

The new flooring in the food court has NOT worn very well over the last 12 months, and they are resurfacing it section-by-section. The bakery has not gone, but it has been moved to the centre serving area rather than the left-hand edge. I'm not sure why, it happened during the refit last year.

Andre

The ground-floor rooms overlooking the pool area in building 5 (and some of the similar ones in building 2) are classified as Garden View, not Pool View, because the fencing restricts the actual view of the pool. Even if the online request system was working, that wouldn't be something the OP could have chosen anyway (although requesting top floor would have helped). Best to send a fax 3-5 days out.

Andre
Will do the fax as its not the view, it's more the noise. Last time we were placed near the pool and I ended up with a bad headcold. Hard to sleep and get rest with the music they play.

Just back from 2 weeks at Riverside. We went over to French Quarter as it is also a favourite of ours, and the new look of the food court is great although it seemed so small. Not sure if we got used to Riverside or when they did the refurb they made it smaller. The children's splash area also looks really cool. Also, French Quarter still is the most beautiful resort at night :love:

The new flooring in the food court has NOT worn very well over the last 12 months, and they are resurfacing it section-by-section. The bakery has not gone, but it has been moved to the centre serving area rather than the left-hand edge. I'm not sure why, it happened during the refit last year.

Andre

But the bakery is not nearly as appealing as the original.

Just got back after spending 9 nights at POFQ. Added 2 nights at the beginning but stayed at Pop to avoid flight cancellations due to storm. Loved POFQ! Just get classier than Pop and definitely fun, mature atmosphere.

We stayed in Bldg 4, room 4236 (2nd floor, garden view, in the center building section). Loved that location! It was right near the stairs that lead to walkway to bus stops. And if we went to the far stair we were right next to main building, so when it was raining we only needed to walk maybe 15 ft in rain.

Thought we had great service from CMs and they went above and beyond during the hurricane.

Food wise, we ended up getting breakfast quite a few times which we liked. Also got the grab and go lunch/dinner options during the storm, which were acceptable, especially for the price. Didn't eat there for dinner with the regular menu but did grab a pasta dish to share one night, which we both liked.

We never had a chance to try the pool. Did end up soaking our feet in the hot tub during our wait for DME, but pool hours always ended before we got back from parks at night.

Bus stops at POFQ were just fine, with shade and plenty of benches. In the morning we often saw CMs with tablets keeping track of which parks needed busses asap.
At MK, it was station 17, which was in the very end of the center aisle.
At Epcot, it was one of the first bus stations but we never got to take advantage as our one evening at Epcot happened when we stayed at Pop.
At HS, it was fairly close, just can't remember the number.
At AK, it was stop 11, which was the first one on the last aisle. That was the only park which constantly shared service for FQ and Riverside.
For Springs, we never took the bus back. Loved taking the ferry though, very relaxing!

We've a pool view room for our trip in late October. Any suggestions to request for the quiet(est) room? Obviously they'll be pool noise regardless. Near to the busses would be a plus too...

We've a pool view room for our trip in late October. Any suggestions to request for the quiet(est) room? Obviously they'll be pool noise regardless. Near to the busses would be a plus too...

Just ask for what you want - quiet and near the bus stop. All the pool view rooms are in buildings 2 and 5 though, so you're not going to be particularly close to the bus stop regardless of what room you get.

Nothing in POFQ is far from the buses IMO. We had riverview in buildings 1 & 7 which are the furthest out and didn't think it was a long walk. You will be in either 2 or 5 and most pool view are on the upper 2 floors. Maybe request closer to the river ( not an option for Online checkin, you can call or fax it). The pool closes so you won't have people in it all night.My one suggestion is once you are there to take a look at the resort map for paths through courtyards and building to find shortcut rather than staying on the main paths.

But the bakery is not nearly as appealing as the original.

This could actually be a game changer... I think one of the main reasons my Dad is willing to spend more to stay at FQ as opposed to taking the discount at other moderates is for the cherry danishes! Do you happen to know if they still have them? I'm guessing if they do, then they are pre-packaged.

Would you choose a preferred room or a Royal room with the pool view if you were looking for both location and theming? We didn't realize that the bedding was stripped from the royal rooms as well. I understand the pool view royal rooms still have a pretty good location...which is better, the preferred room or royal pool view in terms of the walk to food court?

Would you choose a preferred room or a Royal room with the pool view if you were looking for both location and theming? We didn't realize that the bedding was stripped from the royal rooms as well. I understand the pool view royal rooms still have a pretty good location...which is better, the preferred room or royal pool view in terms of the walk to food court?

The Royal rooms are not at Port Orleans French Quarter. They are located at its sister resort Port Orleans Riverside.

We've a pool view room for our trip in late October. Any suggestions to request for the quiet(est) room?

There is very little difference between the locations of any of the Pool View rooms at FQ, they are all located in two opposing buildings facing toward the pool. Asking for a top floor room could be slightly quieter, but only from the point of view of not having anyone above you. Building 5 is marginally closer to the bus stop, but there's very little in it.

Andre

My DD and her family are staying at FQ in November. They want to ship water down using Amazon Prime. Is this ok and how should the package be addressed?
Thanks so much :goodvibes

Also does anyone know if they sell cases of water in the gift shop and how much?

Last edited:
Just checking in to say that I was in New Orleans last weekend and the beignets at Cafe Du Monde are much better than those at POFQ.

That's all. Carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter