Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

There is great information on the Port Orleans website that Andrew manages. No form just advice on timing (3-5 days out) and information. I faxed on Saturday for our arrival tomorrow- will feedback how successful/not it was - obviously just requests for pixie dust.

Would you mind sharing how to find the website please?

What is everyones favorite building for a standard room ? I have been trying to decide on what building we should request. I'm thinking building 4?

What is everyones favorite building for a standard room ? I have been trying to decide on what building we should request. I'm thinking building 4?

Our favorite building is 4. We’ve requested it for all three visits. The first two trips were standard view rooms. The last trip we upgraded to garden view for an extra $5 per night because I really wanted the first floor corner room directly across from the food court. Was so happy to get it. But really any of the rooms in 4 are fine. All are close to transportation and close to the food court.

Building 4 is the closest to the main building but if walking up to POR is in your plans building 7 is good and close to the bus and main building . FWIW we have had river view in building 1 (which has stanard rooms) and that wasn't a far walk .

Building 4 is popular because of proximity to Food Court and Bus Stop. The Building 4 standard view rooms also tend to be further from the parking lot and almost "feel" like garden view rooms. If you want to be away from things, Building 1 and 7 are at the ends of the resort. I like Building 7 because I like the North Quarter (more Oak trees and Crepe Myrtles and less "gardenny"). Building 7 is also closest to POR and not far from bus stop/food court.

I love building 1. Haven't stayed in a Standard but I love that Garden view. The fountain and hearing the horse drawn carriage is a big plus for me. The resort is so small and I really enjoy walking through it to get to the food court.

Arrived and so grateful for the pixie dust - got our favourite location and adjoining rooms - thank you Andre for all your advice! Does anyone know where to buy shaved ice drinks - DGS is dying to try it!

We were there this past June. And the best location. If you turned left you would be going to the bus stop and if you turned right you would be going to the food court. I went to food court each day at least twice before we went to the parks.

Our favorite building is 4. We’ve requested it for all three visits. The first two trips were standard view rooms. The last trip we upgraded to garden view for an extra $5 per night because I really wanted the first floor corner room directly across from the food court. Was so happy to get it. But really any of the rooms in 4 are fine. All are close to transportation and close to the food court.

We travel with my parents, and every year my Dad walks by that room and says, "I wonder what a guy has to do to get that room?". He has a lot of mobility issues, and I always request "as close as possible to bus stop and food court". Last year I sent a room request fax pretty much begging for my parents to get that specific room, while acknowledging I realized it was a long shot. We ended up on the other end, other side of Building 4. I was sad... because the room appeared empty the first 3 days of our stay, and then I actually saw some people moving in on day 4.

Someday... I'm going to get that room for my Dad!

Maybe list all of your dad's mobility issues and how that SPECIFIC room would increase his ability to enjoy his vacation.

I was sad... because the room appeared empty the first 3 days of our stay, and then I actually saw some people moving in on day 4.

Those guests might have been assigned that room in advance (possible medical reasons?) which as their stay overlapped with yours would have prevented you from being assigned there.

Andre

We didn't have a very successful Park day yesterday and headed back to the resort. It totally made up for our day with some amazing CM's, fun in the pool, campfire and a high speed boat ride offered to us when we went to have a look at Riverside! Oh and Arneil was here today and of course wonderful with our Special Needs DGS!

if you were staying there in March, would you request one of the newly refurbished rooms based on that building schedule, or still go with location?

if you were staying there in March, would you request one of the newly refurbished rooms based on that building schedule, or still go with location?
We'd pick refurbished but room as early a possible is always first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter