Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, we're booked for March 10-17 in POFQ, never stayed in a moderate at all before. Got the notice from Disney about the refurb. Then I saw people on other sites saying the rehab was "long overdue" and "badly needed." Should we keep this reservation or move to another moderate? Any ideas of the chances we'll get a redone room? Any advice appreciated! TIA!

Hi, we're booked for March 10-17 in POFQ, never stayed in a moderate at all before. Got the notice from Disney about the refurb. Then I saw people on other sites saying the rehab was "long overdue" and "badly needed." Should we keep this reservation or move to another moderate? Any ideas of the chances we'll get a redone room? Any advice appreciated! TIA!

By March you should be able to request a newly rehabbed room, but to be honest there is nothing wrong with the current rooms, Disney tend to do these rehabs before things become a problem rather than waiting until after.

Andre

POFQ is a beautiful resort! It's definitely the one we return to. Currently both ours and DD's rooms are spotlessly clean, no visible damage to walls/corners etc. The decor may be slightly dated but the curtains appear new (no staining), the bathrooms are quite small but that won't change with the refurbishment so I'm not sure where "long overdue" and "badly needed" was felt? We love it!

By March you should be able to request a newly rehabbed room, but to be honest there is nothing wrong with the current rooms, Disney tend to do these rehabs before things become a problem rather than waiting until after.

Andre
POFQ is a beautiful resort! It's definitely the one we return to. Currently both ours and DD's rooms are spotlessly clean, no visible damage to walls/corners etc. The decor may be slightly dated but the curtains appear new (no staining), the bathrooms are quite small but that won't change with the refurbishment so I'm not sure where "long overdue" and "badly needed" was felt? We love it!

Thank you both very much. I feel totally relieved. Can't wait for our first stay at POFQ!

I think I have asked this before but I can't remember if it was for another resort. Any way if I did sorry. Do they have makeup mirrors in the rooms? I wear glasses and need a makeup mirror that is magnified to put my eye makeup on.

I think I have asked this before but I can't remember if it was for another resort. Any way if I did sorry. Do they have makeup mirrors in the rooms? I wear glasses and need a makeup mirror that is magnified to put my eye makeup on.
Nope. You’ll need to bring one.

Me too - no they don't so I've invested in a travel one that now goes everywhere with me!

I'm still trying to do online check in. The drop down for room location requests is blank and has been that way several times when I tried. I guess I'll be skipping the online check in as I really wanted to put in a request. I don't see much benefit of online check in if I can't select a location choice. Has anyone else had problems? We arrive in 16 days!

I'm still trying to do online check in. The drop down for room location requests is blank and has been that way several times when I tried. I guess I'll be skipping the online check in as I really wanted to put in a request. I don't see much benefit of online check in if I can't select a location choice. Has anyone else had problems? We arrive in 16 days!

The room request drop down boxes have been messed up for almost all of the resorts lately. I'd suggest that you call Disney Travel (or have your travel agent do it if you booked through an agent) and put in the requests for you.

I'd follow Andre's advice and fax it in. I didn't do online check in because I wanted to ensure our rooms were close to each other but I sent a fax through and it all worked perfectly.

So excited! I just saw that it wouldn't be that much of a difference price-wise to move from Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) to French Quarter in early March, so I made the switch! I've wanted to stay here since I was a kid (I saw the sea serpent slide in a promotional video and fell in love) so I'm really excited that I'll be able to. I probably have the refurbishment to thank for the price difference, I guess?

I visited here once two years ago when I was staying at Riverside, and I love the intimate feel of it. Plus, again, the sea serpent is awesome. (Does he have a name? I know that it's King Neptune riding him, but I'm curious. :P)

So excited! I just saw that it wouldn't be that much of a difference price-wise to move from Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) to French Quarter in early March, so I made the switch! I've wanted to stay here since I was a kid (I saw the sea serpent slide in a promotional video and fell in love) so I'm really excited that I'll be able to. I probably have the refurbishment to thank for the price difference, I guess?

I visited here once two years ago when I was staying at Riverside, and I love the intimate feel of it. Plus, again, the sea serpent is awesome. (Does he have a name? I know that it's King Neptune riding him, but I'm curious. :P)
They call him "Scales"! My grandchildren love him!

I'm sure I'm asking something that's been asked before, so forgive me. We're traveling to Disney NYE. When should we fax our room request? How soon before? My mom has disability issues and we would benefit from being in Building 4, at least it sounds like it.

I'm sure I'm asking something that's been asked before, so forgive me. We're traveling to Disney NYE. When should we fax our room request? How soon before? My mom has disability issues and we would benefit from being in Building 4, at least it sounds like it.
You didn't say what type of room you have - Standard or Garden. The Standards are on the parking lot side, and the Gardens are, well, on the Garden side - overlooking the inside of the property. If you are looking for a spot close to the busses or lobby/food court, you might want to word your request something like this:

"Due to disability issues, we are requesting a room close to transportation and lobby, and close to the elevator."

Of course, a room request is just that - a request, and there are no guarantees, but having those on your reservation will at least help you get what you need. If you are not happy with your room location, visit the front desk and explain your needs, and I'm sure that they will do what they can to help.

However, that being said, on one of our trips, I had my Travel Agent put our request on our reservation, I faxed 3-5 days in advance, and I used the Touring Plans fax service requesting connecting/adjoining rooms, close to transportation, and we ended up in two different buildings, as far from transportation as you could get and still be on POFQ property...needless to say, we visited the front desk, and while they couldn't do anything about it the first night, they at least did get us into building 4 the next day, with rooms fairly close (not next to, but close).

Check out Andre's great website for an understanding how the rooms are laid out....

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php

Good luck....I know you will have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter