Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Never been here before and changed my Dec res from Pop to POFQ garden view. Will I be disappointed??
It's subjective. I'll just say I like Pop too, but prefer FQ. Pop has a lot of frantic-type energy, FQ is calm, and compact. When I want an "exciting" vacation with a lot of energy, I'd go Pop. When I want to relax and have more greenery around me, it's FQ.

Thank you for your reply. I have stayed at Pop a few times and looking for something different to try. Now if they just post updates about dining and seasonal decoration.

Just booked a King room for our anniversary in December. Previously had one night stays twice prior to our DVC stays. We are so excited to spend a few days here, without children, and soak it up. Hope the boats are running.

:::sigh:::

I feel so evil sometimes LOL.

Whenever anyone says "Will I like POFQ (or POR)?" my little inner demon wants to say "NO ITS HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS" so that there's *more* POFQ for me... 😉 🙃🤣

Instead, I am a Good Rabbit, and I tell the truth.

It's wonderful... and I miss it so much! I can't wait to go to my Disney home again!

:::sigh:::

I feel so evil sometimes LOL.

Whenever anyone says "Will I like POFQ (or POR)?" my little inner demon wants to say "NO ITS HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS" so that there's *more* POFQ for me... 😉 🙃🤣

Instead, I am a Good Rabbit, and I tell the truth.

It's wonderful... and I miss it so much! I can't wait to go to my Disney home again!
When I read the answers to those questions, I always whisper "shhhhhh"

We are getting ready to book for October 2022. We are torn if we should book the king bed room or book just a standard view room with two queen beds. It is a price difference of $62.13 a night, which would add almost $500 more to our room total. What would ya'll recommend?

Not a fan of standard view, here. But the view doesn't really make a difference since there is no balcony - you'll usually have the curtains closed while in the room.

I would recommend the king bed room. But saving almost $500 is pretty big. Are you a splurger or on the thrifty side?

We are getting ready to book for October 2022. We are torn if we should book the king bed room or book just a standard view room with two queen beds. It is a price difference of $62.13 a night, which would add almost $500 more to our room total. What would ya'll recommend?

Standard View at POFQ can be a misnomer. Standard view may mean a parking lot view but honestly the landscaping there is pretty lush so both standard rooms I've had looked at parking lots through trees and courtyards. Bonus that one standard room I had was right next to the bus stops. Some people may have felt that was a bad thing (it also was on the back of the main building so there was traffic noise and such) but I don't mind noise from buses or deliveries when it means the walk from my room to the bus stop was literally 1 minute. And the courtyard in that area was beautiful.

If the view isn't a big deal I would for sure go the cheaper route. When my wife an I travel we sometimes enjoy having our own beds. It can still be romantic.

When it comes to view, at POFQ we really haven't had a bad view yet either. Full disclosure, I have to have a wheelchair friendly/roll-in-shower room, and those are in very specific locations at POR and POFQ.

Having said all that... our family historically does not spend enough daylight hours in the room, looking out the window to justify paying more for a view! *If* we are at the Resort, we are by the Pool, eating food, or enjoying adult beverages in the lounge. (or at least once per trip, doing laundry, but that's right next to the pool at POFQ, so... pool + laundry + possible adult beverages = clean laundry and only slightly tipsy Old Rabbit! LOL)

We tend to be in the Parks, or at Disney Springs, or sometimes Resort-Hopping (I *see* you Olivia's... and your Key Lime Pie! I have not forgotten!) and so no... skip the view, save the money, and have an *awesome* trip! POFQ is so beautifully laid out you will forget about the view between your door and the bus stop (or the boat dock, once the Sassagoula Fleet is running again)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter