Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked French Quarter for a relaxing February trip with hubby. We stayed in Riverside way back in 2008 when the kids were younger and we needed a place that slept five but never even walked over to French Quarter to look around or anything. I'm looking forward to staying here. For our trip in 2019 we stayed at Wilderness Lodge so I hope DH is happy with POFQ after staying at WL.
We have stayed at both. Your DH should be happy. WL is my favorite but POFQ is great . Theme is fantastic, the size of it all is fabulous and the boat to DS is fun and relaxing.

Just booked French Quarter for a relaxing February trip with hubby. We stayed in Riverside way back in 2008 when the kids were younger and we needed a place that slept five but never even walked over to French Quarter to look around or anything. I'm looking forward to staying here. For our trip in 2019 we stayed at Wilderness Lodge so I hope DH is happy with POFQ after staying at WL.

Ironically, the rooms at POFQ and WL are basically the same size; WL was originally built to be a Moderate Resort. We *love* POFQ because it is small and very easy to get around (like WL) and it's got great food (like WL) and it's (relative) central location at WDW means all the Theme Parks are a fairly quick bus ride away (EPCOT and HS are quick; AK & MK a bit longer). The Sassagoula boat fleet runs down to Disney Springs all day, and it's a lovely, relaxing trip down and back.

Y'all will love POFQ!

My first POFQ stay is booked for marathon weekend. I stayed at POR in 2005 but never POFQ though I have visited a few times. I'm hoping before January the boats are running and they have the other resort amenities like the surrey bikes since they were one of the reasons we picked POFQ.

In our quest to stay in every Disney report this is our last moderate.

Ok, just read a thread about the All Stars not going to be able to open in time for guests. I hope this doesn’t happen to POFQ. We are so exited to go. The hotel will only be open for about 8 days when we are to arrive. Fingers crossed….

Ok, just read a thread about the All Stars not going to be able to open in time for guests. I hope this doesn’t happen to POFQ. We are so exited to go. The hotel will only be open for about 8 days when we are to arrive. Fingers crossed….
It sounds like you’ll be there when we are. Fingers crossed for opening!

I think it's only All Star Sports and they are going to refurbish them while it's closed so thinking PO resorts may not have the same happen to them. I do love POFQ and wouldn't be happy at CBR or CS (I've stayed at them before)

I was so excited to see that Yee Ha Bob will be back! I stayed at FQ several years ago but did not get over to see his show. I'm booked for POR in February and I will see him for sure. COVID taught me that lesson--do as much as you can, when you can!

PS The boat to DS would be a plus, too.🙃

Yes, I was able to get POFQ for our trip the end of Nov. Now if I can get the extra day I will be extremely happy. :cool1:
That's awesome! I'm sure it won't happen but I keep checking to see if we can move from POR to POFQ for race weekend. We had POFQ booked for a different weekend in November but when we decided to do Wine & Dine we obv had to change our dates, and by then POFQ was booked up. Fingers crossed that at the 30 day or maybe 5 day mark I can make the switch!

I’m at POFQ for nov 14-20. Haven’t been to POFQ since 2014 I believe. Maybe even before that. We went deluxe and it’s been nice but we had to save money with no discounts and POFQ has always been my favorite of the moderates. I’m looking forward to visiting again.
Anything new going on with the resort since? Any new tips or things to try or look for?

I’m at POFQ for nov 14-20. Haven’t been to POFQ since 2014 I believe. Maybe even before that. We went deluxe and it’s been nice but we had to save money with no discounts and POFQ has always been my favorite of the moderates. I’m looking forward to visiting again.
Anything new going on with the resort since? Any new tips or things to try or look for?

Remember that there was a soft goods refresh a couple of years back; the rooms will look a little different as a result. Scat Cats is all different now… LOL not even sure where to begin to describe those changes! Beignets are a bigger focus, (and are in the old Scat Cats location now) at least they were pre-pandemic, and given the amount of people who are excited for their return I would guess that will remain so!

Generally speaking, the resort remains as wonderful as it always was! Can’t wait to go back myself!

Music I believed opened as planned though sports is having an indefinite closure so they can do some plus ups….
I imagine Riverside at least will open as planned due to the recent announcement about Bob returning
Also read someplace they are testing out boats so 🤞🏻

I received my welcome packet in the mail for our Thanksgiving trip and it has POFQ info in the booklet so I take that as a good sign.

I received my welcome packet in the mail for our Thanksgiving trip and it has POFQ info in the booklet so I take that as a good sign.

My trip is a week before thanksgiving and I didn’t get a welcome packet. When did you get yours if I may ask?

My trip is a week before thanksgiving and I didn’t get a welcome packet. When did you get yours if I may ask?
No welcome packet here either, and my son/daughter-in-law haven’t mentioned one. We arrive 11/05. Were room only, but they have a package.

No welcome packet here either, and my son/daughter-in-law haven’t mentioned one. We arrive 11/05. Were room only, but they have a package.

I wonder if they’re cutting down on how many they are sending? Though I haven’t even got an email since my dining reminder.

what is this welcome packet of which you speak? (We haven't been since 2014 I don't remember welcome packets)

Packet might be too large a term for what it really is:blush:. It came in a 8x5ish navy blue envelope from Disney Destinations. It contains a booklet with a personalized welcome and a list of things to do and POFQ info. We arrive Nov 18th for 10 days and have a package so not sure if that is why we got it. I thought it was from my Disney Visa card at first, it has similar vibes, then I opened it; there was good sized gold 50th anniversary mickey shaped sticker inside!!! I'll post a picture when I get home this afternoon so you guys can see it. I think it arrived this past Friday, Sept 24.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter