Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hey guys, I have a trip booked from Mar 6-12 and just upgraded from POP to POFQ thanks to a CDN room discount and am very excited. I’ve never stayed here as we always stay POP but this is a solo trip and I always pick 1 new thing to do each solo trip so for only $223 more I chose POFQ, I’ve always wanted to stay here. What I’m wondering is the boat that goes to DS do you have to walk to POR to catch it or is there a stop a POFQ? Also the bus stops at the parks are they as far away as POP ones are?

Hey guys, I have a trip booked from Mar 6-12 and just upgraded from POP to POFQ thanks to a CDN room discount and am very excited. I’ve never stayed here as we always stay POP but this is a solo trip and I always pick 1 new thing to do each solo trip so for only $223 more I chose POFQ, I’ve always wanted to stay here. What I’m wondering is the boat that goes to DS do you have to walk to POR to catch it or is there a stop a POFQ? Also the bus stops at the parks are they as far away as POP ones are?

Yes, the boat stops at POFQ. Sometimes, when it is busy, there might be a separate boat for each resort. And, in our experience (but we haven't been since 2015), the POFQ bus did seem almost as far as the value resort buses.

Yes, the boat stops at POFQ. Sometimes, when it is busy, there might be a separate boat for each resort.

With both resorts operating at reduced capacity they will probably be running a combined service (yellow/purple flags) for a while, but normally POR and POFQ have had their own separate services for a few years now (yellow flags and purple flags). For POR boats, they will often ask if anyone aboard wants to get off at FQ, but otherwise they go straight past.

Andre

To us, the POFQ bus stops at the Parks are not quite as far as most of the Values (I remember a time at HS when the Value bus stops were just out on the blacktop parking lot...) but not quite as close as the Deluxes. Which makes sense, because it is, after all, a Moderate!

The exception to that is the Resort bus station at Disney Springs. I'm sure there is a "system" there of some sort, but I have yet to figure it out!

I hope that you love POFQ as much as we do. There is only one bus stop, the boat stops at POFQ, and there is no building that is nearly as far away from transportation as many bus stops at POP. We always request building 2, but that’s more for sentimental reasons, though it is perfectly place for both bus and boat.

I hope that you love POFQ as much as we do. There is only one bus stop, the boat stops at POFQ, and there is no building that is nearly as far away from transportation as many bus stops at POP. We always request building 2, but that’s more for sentimental reasons, though it is perfectly place for both bus and boat.

Thank you, I have a feeling I will love it and it kind of scares me, lol. Means POP will be moved down only a tiny bit, lol.

Thank you, I have a feeling I will love it and it kind of scares me, lol. Means POP will be moved down only a tiny bit, lol.
I stayed at POFQ four times before I ever stayed at POP. I really do love POP Century and I like the rooms better. The shower is nicer and as a solo traveler that Murphy bed makes a big difference - I love having that big desk rather than a bed I don't use. So I get ya. This past September I stayed at POP only because FQ wasn't open and I must admit that on my last day, knowing I would be returning to POP for a long time made me a little sad.

But I do love FQ! I'm so excited to be back "home" in December and have already booked 10 days there in Sept 2022. I love both bars and perhaps my favorite thing to do in all of The World is to sit in the Gazebo smoking area with a cigar, watch the boats and chat with people.

All this talk of rooms and I had to think how this is the one time where I think the best room I ever had was the lowest catatgory. I had a 2nd floor room on the standard side of Building 4 in the middle section. I think the only catagory I haven't done at POFQ is River View....is that a thing at FQ? I have never had one of those rooms at the very back by the river.

However on my second visit I had building 4.

I looked directly at the parking lot, but I saw it over the beautiful courtyard and fountain and there is enough trees to actually block a good portion of the lot.

I was right by the stairs and it was a quick walk to the food court and the bus stop. In fact because of a break in the hedge I literally could see the buses from my doorway and make it to board in a minutes time.

There was traffic noise (the delivery area is close by) but it was muted and honestly the only time it was annoying was on lawn maintenance day and lets face it you get that anytime and in any location if you happen to be in the room at the right time.

I could get to and from the food court to refill my cup and grab some food to take back to the room and it would still be fresh and hot.

Also even though I was all the way at the front, because of it's location it was actually a short almost straight walk back to the boats as well.

I loved that room and would stay in it any time. In fact I may be there again since I have a standard booked next week.

FQ is the one resort where I do believe there are no bad rooms.

I currently have a Swan Reserve reservation that I'm about ready to cancel as well as a POFQ reservation. Before I cancel Swan Reserve (it's sold out like pretty much every other Disney hotel over Thanksgiving) I wanted to see first if anyone recently (like the last week) have gotten a call or email that their POFQ reservation will be cancelled due to being over sold? I just dont want to get rid of Swan Reserve if there's a chance POFQ might happen. thank you!

I currently have a Swan Reserve reservation that I'm about ready to cancel as well as a POFQ reservation. Before I cancel Swan Reserve (it's sold out like pretty much every other Disney hotel over Thanksgiving) I wanted to see first if anyone recently (like the last week) have gotten a call or email that their POFQ reservation will be cancelled due to being over sold? I just dont want to get rid of Swan Reserve if there's a chance POFQ might happen. thank you!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have not heard any anecdotes about POFQ being accidentally oversold like POR was.

I really think that was a weird glitch in the Disney matrix...

I don't know about anyone else, but I have not heard any anecdotes about POFQ being accidentally oversold like POR was.

I really think that was a weird glitch in the Disney matrix...
thanks for the response! Normally I wouldnt be as concerned with dropping a reservation but since there are zero hotels and we're flying from Oregon I'm making double sure! thanks again

We just got back last night from our week at Port Orleans. The resort was lovely. Everything was so clean. The beignets were exactly as I recalled, DELISH! The only negative the entire trip were crowds. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and HS were packed by 9:00am. Thankfully we did get there early so we did get some attractions in first thing. The highlight attractions for us; Avatar, and Millennium Falcon. We had not been to Disney in 10+ years. I was also shocked at the parents out late in parks with children simply melting down. I raised 3 boys. At Disney, you need to take a midday break (we did everyday now and back when our kids were younger, they are grown now) and don’t exhaust the kids. You can’t do everything in 1 day. They are not going to enjoy anything and chances are you won’t either. (rant over) We ate a lot of good meals and we went with no reservations. We just sat at the bar of the restaurants and had great meals and met some great people. 😊

How have the busses been? Slow, efficient?

We stayed at POFQ 3 years ago and found them to be fast and efficient in the mornings. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge after this and felt like we were waiting for busses for days and days. We are coming in January for 8 days to POFQ. We debated CBR, but ultimately liked the smallness and quaintness of POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter