• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Disney's current routine is "trash and towel" every other day. Actual cleaning (sheets, etc) is when you leave or, I believe, after a week.
Are you referring to Disney's policy or to an actual experience at POFQ? I'm asking because that's what I was told at check-in at AKL in December but in fact that was not the service we got. We wouldn't've gotten any service at all if I hadn't called and basically begged for someone to come with fresh towels. We took the trash out ourselves every day but the one day they actually did come and make up the room. That was day 5 or 6, iirc, not day 4, as promised by the CM at check-in.

Agree with Miffy. Stayed four days last week at French Quarter. Three wash clothes and no bath mat at check in. Had to use the chat feature to request towels and trash. We got a bath mat this time and two wash clothes. Is there a wash cloth shortage? Very unimpressed with French Quarter this trip.

Are you referring to Disney's policy or to an actual experience at POFQ? I'm asking because that's what I was told at check-in at AKL in December but in fact that was not the service we got. We wouldn't've gotten any service at all if I hadn't called and basically begged for someone to come with fresh towels. We took the trash out ourselves every day but the one day they actually did come and make up the room. That was day 5 or 6, iirc, not day 4, as promised by the CM at check-in.

Policy and our experience at Coronado earlier this month. AS with anything at Disney your mileage may (and likely) will vary.

I’m really sensitive and allergic to cigarette smoke-instant headache -do I need to worry about requesting a room away from smoking areas or are they far enough from the buildings that it shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m really sensitive and allergic to cigarette smoke-instant headache -do I need to worry about requesting a room away from smoking areas or are they far enough from the buildings that it shouldn’t be an issue.
Unfortunately, more than once, someone has smoked right outside my room. They actually pulled a chair from their room just outside on the 2nd floor walkway between rooms so they could sit and smoke right there. Yuck! :crazy2:

Rude guests breaking the rules aside; the official smoking areas are not close to any rooms. Buildings 1 and 7 are likely the safest - you won't even have to walk near a smoking area.

It re-started last week (4th Feb). There are sessions throughout the evening on select nights, starting at 7:30pm.

Andre
Is there a posted schedule anywhere of this?

Also, I see Sassagoula opens at 7am. Is that the earliest you can go in for a mug refill or do they have the room open for that earlier?

Hi All,
Can anyone tell me what nights of the week the jazz trio plays at Scat Cat's Club? We're staying at POR for Easter Week & DH is a big jazzer so I thought it would be nice to walk over one night during our stay. Thanks!!

So I'm here at Port Orleans French Quarter. Everything has been amazing so far. But the lobby smell is not the same! Had anyone else experienced this or have I just been imagining a completely different smell for the past three years?!

So I'm here at Port Orleans French Quarter. Everything has been amazing so far. But the lobby smell is not the same! Had anyone else experienced this or have I just been imagining a completely different smell for the past three years?!

If you have time, can you please take a picture of the Recreation Calendar for me so I can post it on the Monthly Resort Recreation Calendar Thread? I’d truly appreciate it! Thank you so much, I hope you have a great trip!

Here is the March schedule for POFQ

Attachments

• 0ABF070A-4151-458B-9C0A-62E75ADED62A.jpeg
    0ABF070A-4151-458B-9C0A-62E75ADED62A.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter