Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

So I'm here at Port Orleans French Quarter. Everything has been amazing so far. But the lobby smell is not the same! Had anyone else experienced this or have I just been imagining a completely different smell for the past three years?!
I noticed that, too. But I thought maybe it was because I was there the first week of December and... well... Christmas...

So I'm here at Port Orleans French Quarter. Everything has been amazing so far. But the lobby smell is not the same! Had anyone else experienced this or have I just been imagining a completely different smell for the past three years?!
I can only remember the Christmas smell - which I love!
What is the smell like now? Floral? Fruity? Woodsy?

Arrived at FQ an hour ago and room is not ready yet (4:48 pm). I really do want to change and refresh my sunscreen before heading to MK, and would rather not hassle with bell services. Already one Hurricane down at the pool bar. How long is it taking to get into a room lately? Should I wait it out?

Arrived at FQ an hour ago and room is not ready yet (4:48 pm). I really do want to change and refresh my sunscreen before heading to MK, and would rather not hassle with bell services. Already one Hurricane down at the pool bar. How long is it taking to get into a room lately? Should I wait it out?
We were at Riverside a few days ago and our room wasn't ready until about 5:30pm. They said the room was actually clean, but that Port Orleans is short on housekeeping supervisors (who need to check the clean room and clear it before check in). Nothing to do but wait. It was a bummer, we had asked for an early check-in and it really messed with our plans.

Room was ready at 5:15 pm. It did look as if the supervisors were checking rooms as I was walking up. Enough time to make it to MK for the nice stack of LLs I have built up. 8-)

Room was ready at 5:15 pm. It did look as if the supervisors were checking rooms as I was walking up. Enough time to make it to MK for the nice stack of LLs I have built up. 8-)
Did you go by the text/email or the app? When I was at WL last month I noticed in my app my room was ready and it was at least 10-15 mins before I got the text/email thing. I was settled in my room when the alert came through.

Did you go by the text/email or the app? When I was at WL last month I noticed in my app my room was ready and it was at least 10-15 mins before I got the text/email thing. I was settled in my room when the alert came through.

I got my room number from the front desk before it came through either the app or text, so I couldn’t say which of those two was first. I think I walked up to the desk just as it cleared, because I had just checked the app and nothing was there. The CM typed in my name on her system and boom there it was - no shuffling or finding an open room or anything. The text did come within a couple of minutes.

Hi! I will be staying here in May. It's usually just me, my mom, and my son, and we never have a car, but this time my sister is going to join us for just one day in the parks. They are staying off site, and I was wondering how parking worked for them. Can they just park at POFQ and ride the bus with us to the parks for the day? They won't be staying over night. Any help would be awesome on how this works. Thanks!

Can they just park at POFQ and ride the bus with us to the parks for the day? They won't be staying over night.

Visiting day-guests are allowed to park for free. They should let the security gatehouse know why they are coming, and possibly give the details of the guests that they are visiting.

Technically they are not allowed to leave their car at any WDW resort and then plan to go by bus to one the theme parks (it would be a method of avoiding the theme park parking fees) but how is anyone going to check where you are with the guests that you are visiting? And POFQ has plenty of parking space, and isn't over-utilised like the monorail resorts.

Andre

Visiting day-guests are allowed to park for free. They should let the security gatehouse know why they are coming, and possibly give the details of the guests that they are visiting.

Technically they are not allowed to leave their car at any WDW resort and then plan to go by bus to one the theme parks (it would be a method of avoiding the theme park parking fees) but how is anyone going to check where you are with the guests that you are visiting? And POFQ has plenty of parking space, and isn't over-utilised like the monorail resorts.

Andre
Thank you so much! I thought it wasn't allowed and was worried they'd be turned away and wanted to make sure it'd be okay before we ruin our morning figuring out parking for them, but it makes sense if they say they are visiting us they'd be allowed in. They wouldn't even mind paying it just makes more sense to start the day all together since it's our only day seeing them then worry about meeting up at the park. It would just be bonus to save the money. Thanks again!

I got my room number from the front desk before it came through either the app or text, so I couldn’t say which of those two was first. I think I walked up to the desk just as it cleared, because I had just checked the app and nothing was there. The CM typed in my name on her system and boom there it was - no shuffling or finding an open room or anything. The text did come within a couple of minutes.
I got my room number on MDE . The only text I ever got said “your room isn’t ready yet” .

Just got back. Have stayed at POFQ many times. Noticed nothing different.

Just got back. Have stayed at POFQ many times. Noticed nothing different.
I've only stayed there three times. But I'm sure the lobby smell was much more significant three years ago. My sister-in-law thought the same thing. Oh well. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Does anyone know how early the buses start running - arriving in a few weeks and not sure whether to drive to the parks for early entry or get a bus.

Does anyone know if you can plug in a Roku Stick in the Disney TV? I know you can at most hotels but not sure how Disney handles it. My son and husband don't want to be limited to whatever is on the Disney TV at night. 😅

Does anyone know if you can plug in a Roku Stick in the Disney TV? I know you can at most hotels but not sure how Disney handles it. My son and husband don't want to be limited to whatever is on the Disney TV at night. 😅
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter