• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello all, currently booked at Pop but thinking about switching to POFQ. We would plan on using the under-bed space to store our luggage. Does anyone know how tall the under-bed space is? Wondering if our luggage will fit. Thanks so much.
We had no issue getting our luggage under with room to spare. And I brought all three sizes of luggage

I agree, the water pressure is AWFUL. It's the first time I've been thankful that I am old and my hair is thin. DD28 had a TERRIBLE time getting the conditioner out of her long, thick, wavy hair.
Thanks for agreeing lol, when I made this comment on facebook group the Disney lovers came for me hard "I didn't have any trouble, maybe it was only your room". I'm thinking I doubt it. It just meant that I had to take extra long showers, after all day in the park I would have loved a little pressure on the muscles and a little less time waiting on the shampoo to run out lol.
In saying that if you live somewhere you pay for your water, and you are used to a low flow shower head this might be what you are used to anyway.

Thanks for agreeing lol, when I made this comment on facebook group the Disney lovers came for me hard "I didn't have any trouble, maybe it was only your room". I'm thinking I doubt it. It just meant that I had to take extra long showers, after all day in the park I would have loved a little pressure on the muscles and a little less time waiting on the shampoo to run out lol.
In saying that if you live somewhere you pay for your water, and you are used to a low flow shower head this might be what you are used to anyway.
The water pressure in room (building 6) was crappy, too.

I agree, the water pressure is AWFUL. It's the first time I've been thankful that I am old and my hair is thin. DD28 had a TERRIBLE time getting the conditioner out of her long, thick, wavy hair.

I have really long, thick hair. I have this problem at most hotels.

We are thinking of staying at FQ over spring break. This would be our first time at this resort. My question is, as it’s a smaller resort with one pool, how crowded does the pool area get? Or even crowds ar the resort in general during this time frame? I know you could use the pools and food court at Riverside is an option but I am not sure my group would want to do that.

We are thinking of staying at FQ over spring break. This would be our first time at this resort. My question is, as it’s a smaller resort with one pool, how crowded does the pool area get? Or even crowds ar the resort in general during this time frame? I know you could use the pools and food court at Riverside is an option but I am not sure my group would want to do that.

We stayed in July and we loved it. The pool area is pretty big and it never felt too crowded, however sometimes it can be hard to get a chair.

The resort is so small in size, I don't recall ever seeing the pool packed, as there aren't that many rooms there. Also, we've never found it to get as noisy as other resorts, the only time for anything to get really busy is peak times for breakfast at the food court. The pool seems to be busiest in the afternoon when families take a park break. Of course, spring break is always a bit more "busy" everywhere at Disney, but FQ is a good resort to be at since it is so small.

The pool area was quite busy when I was there in August, and we were never able to find a chair to put our stuff on while we were in the pool, but we didn't really need a chair. We just left our shoes, etc. on the ground.

We didn't have any trouble finding a chair at Riverside, though. It's definitely worth the short walk to swim in the pool on Ol' Man Island. The waterslide is better, too. Plus, it's just fun to take advantage of the sister resort's amenities.

My sister actually decided not to wash her hair when we were there since her hair is very thick and she was concerned that it'd be impossible to rinse. I was brave--and also my hair isn't that luxuriously thick--and washed mine and spent a LOT of time rinsing it.

The low water pressure and lack of housekeeping are my only two gripes with POFQ, if they are even gripes. I mean, there's a lack of housekeeping everywhere I've stayed on property lately, including at AKL, where we had even worse housekeeping service than we had at POFQ.

But I love POFQ and am looking forward to our December stay there!

The shower water pressure must be only in certain areas. We had two rooms here in 2019 on the 3rd floor of Bldg 1 in a garden view. We had no problems with water pressure.

The shower water pressure must be only in certain areas. We had two rooms here in 2019 on the 3rd floor of Bldg 1 in a garden view. We had no problems with water pressure.
I agree, we were in a riverview room in building 6 (I don't recall the room #) and had no water pressure problems. Decided to stay at pofq again this January and have a standard room booked. Hope the water pressure is ok!

Does anyone know if the “Resort TV” music loop is accessible from the POFQ smart TVs? I’m here now and couldn’t find it. It’s one of my favorite things about staying at Pop Century so I was really surprised it wasn’t the home screen here.

Here’s a screen shot of what I was expecting from YouTube:

Attachments

• DCBF84C0-CB18-4B8D-A036-C56C37F42F64.png
    DCBF84C0-CB18-4B8D-A036-C56C37F42F64.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 7
Hello all. Does anyone know if we are able to push the bed against the wall? Or are the beds stationary?
If you're asking if you can turn the bed 90 degrees so one side, as opposed to the headboard, is against the wall, then no, you cannot. Even if this were possible, which it isn't, there wouldn't be any room to do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter