Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Leaving tomorrow night and will be there Sunday morning. We will be on a train all night, and I'm not sure ho it will be :scratchin🚂

Arrived at POFQ this morning and we are staying in building 3. It's a very nice resort and we are close to the food court and Jackson Square gift shop. We finally tried the much exalted beignets, and I dare say...we were kind of underwhelmed. The caramel sauce was lovely, but the texture seemed a little too dense for beignets. They had more of a regular donut texture. I know I know, what a beignet snob you are SimonSez :coffee: If you haven't tried them, please don't go by us as taste is subjective :rolleyes1 This is just my/our opinion and maybe it was an off day. We probably won't get them again this trip. The resort is nice and I'm glad we are here. More to come as our trip progresses :stir:

Arrived at POFQ this morning and we are staying in building 3. It's a very nice resort and we are close to the food court and Jackson Square gift shop. We finally tried the much exalted beignets, and I dare say...we were kind of underwhelmed. The caramel sauce was lovely, but the texture seemed a little too dense for beignets. They had more of a regular donut texture. I know I know, what a beignet snob you are SimonSez :coffee: If you haven't tried them, please don't go by us as taste is subjective :rolleyes1 This is just my/our opinion and maybe it was an off day. We probably won't get them again this trip. The resort is nice and I'm glad we are here. More to come as our trip progresses :stir:
I had always liked them when they were square and fried right in front of you. The last time I went, I felt they were rather dense also. Man near me also said they tasted more like donuts then beignets.

You are spot on. I love them, but they do not compare to traditional beignets that are a lot more airy.

It seems I've seen pictures in the past where they were square. Maybe the Mickey-shape changed them :laughing:

We had beignets for the first time in September the staying at FQ. We both took one bite and said "that's a pepperoni ball!" For those that don't know, in NW Pennsylvania there is a very regional delicacy we have called a pepperoni ball. If you take away the powdered sugar and baked a dozen or so slices of pepperoni in the middle, that's the same pastry/dough we use for pepperoni balls. We have never had beignets anywhere else, so we can't say they are the same everywhere, but Disney definitely uses the same pastry/dough recipe that's used for a savory delicacy in other parts of the country.

Need a room for one night to add a day into a trip. Port Orleans was the first resort I ever stayed at but it wasn’t called that then. French Quarter and Riverside are about the same price. Which should I stay at and why

Need a room for one night to add a day into a trip. Port Orleans was the first resort I ever stayed at but it wasn’t called that then. French Quarter and Riverside are about the same price. Which should I stay at and why
I would stay at FQ for the size, quietness and easy access to the boat to Disney Springs. FQ is way smaller than RS.

Glad to hear they didn't get rid of the gumbo. I definitely mobile ordered it during my trip about a month ago, so I'd be concerned too. Disney weirdness!

Thanks for this mini-review. Dare I ask if the beignets are included, like fresh baked cookies at the Marriott Courtyards??

We just checked in for a 2 night stay before moving to Wilderness Lodge. We love it here! What a great resort!

We had lunch in the food court and it was delicious. I had the shrimp and grits and my husband had the French dip. The shrimp and grits was every bit as good as other restaurants where I have had it.

The in person menu does have way more options than mobile order.

Just a heads up, we’re onsite now and yesterday June 6th, they stopped running the boats to and from Disney Springs due to low water in the river. We were told they need a lot of rain before they run again so it sounded like this could last awhile -but I haven’t checked again today yet. We were headed to Disney springs yesterday morning but then had to go to the bus which was packed with people headed to typhoon lagoon. Luckily we did get one boat trip in before it closed. Hopefully it will rain more soon!

Has anyone ever done the Mosaic Art here? It is listed as from 1-3. Is it a class that goes for 2 hours or does that mean you can drop in between that time?

I did it at Coronado and it takes that long. You put your gems on w/ glue, then that has to dry. Then you stucco around it all and that has to dry. We enjoyed it very much, but it's a lot of waiting around for things to set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter